Companions forum

30yo female travelling solo, SEA 15.Nov-15.Feb

• vicky29

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2010

Hi All,
    after my friend decided not to come along, i will now travelling solo, i fligh to Bankok on nov15th and want to stay there for a few days. Saw the "region trip in 5 weeks" on this site and thinking of doing this trip, anyone want to join for the whole trip or just some time? I am open for a change of plan as well, just want to travel around and see the region, have 3month time so think there is enough time to be spontaneous. Would be nice to also meet up with some people in Bankok for beer or so...Its the first time i am travelling to SEA
    About me, i am a 30yo german girl (not a typical one,just in the good ways:-)) who is living in england, I am relaxed and easy going, always up for some fun. Want to grap a bit of everything out theere, bit party but mostly seeing the country, eating nice food and getting a sense of the culture and people...
    Vicky

#1 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 18:22

• Advertisement

• carlaj

Joined Travelfish
    29th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Vicky

Good on for still go ahead withthe trip sure you ll have a fab time andmeet loads of people i get to Bangkok slightly before you on the 9th staying for a few nights then travelling north and into Laos coming back to Ko Tao for christmas trying not to over plan and can then go with the flow !!!

#2 Posted: 29/10/2010 - 18:28

• 0theories

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010
    Location United States

Hey Vicky,

In my experience traveling solo is the way to go, and the way to meet most people so you're never really solo (unless you want to be). I'm flying into Bangkok on Dec. 19th, then wandering the region (all of SEA I guess) until April. We may well cross paths. Always up to share a beer and good company. Mostly I want to buy a motorbike once I leave Thailand and ride it everywhere else, but also want to ride some trains, boats and tubes :) I'm 35, male and currently live in the US.

enjoy, lev

#3 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 02:44

• arundown

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2010
    Location Singapore

Hallo, Guten Tag Vicky,
    Bit of german grasp durin ma stay at Munich.How good to hear you gonna travel all alone.
    If you are up for new plans I'm gonna be travelling around southern island's late dec .
    Planning to attend the infamous fullmoonparty during NYE.
    If you dont have any plans for NYE why not drop in Koh phangan?? will be meeting up some other solo travellers as well. Just wanna party out this NYE with those Thai buckets [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
    Lets get connected and make some solid plans!!

Greetings from singapore ,
    Auf Wiedersehen

#4 Posted: 8/11/2010 - 13:24

• robinhood

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

Hi Vicky,

I live in Dubai, 27 y/o male. I will be travelling to Thailand for short trip in December 2010 - January 2011. It would be great to meet up with you in Thailand and it will be even better if you would join me for the entire trip ;-))

I arrive in Bangkok on 24th of December and I will be put up at this cool backpackers paradise on Khao San Road. Couple of days there and then I will head to Koh Phangan on 26th via bus from Khao San Road. The sole reason to go to Koh Phangan is for the infamous Moon Parties! )

On 28th December will attend the Half Moon Patrty and gear up for the big one - the news years full moon party.

All the gap days will be filled with relaxing by the beach and hopping around the serene island. I have already made arrangements for my accommodation and I have a Bungalow just for me, would be nice to have your company and free flowing beers and buckets ;-))

On 02nd Jan 2011, I will head back for Bangkok...stay there for a couple of days doing sight seeing and then head back home.

I shared my itinerary to you so that you conceptualize the whole experience and try to fit me in your plans .

I hope to hear from you soon and also to see you soon in Thailand!

Cheers!

Robs

#5 Posted: 11/11/2010 - 17:47

• beatgirl98

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2010

Hi Vicky

Ditto - good on ya for still going ahead with the trip - you'll love it. I'm living in Cambodia (Siem Reap) volunteering at the moment, and plan to start travelling at the end of December - jungles in Cambodia for 10 days or so, then Vietnamese cities, islands and mountains for a month, then Laos for 3 weeks or so, Thailand for a month, then Malaysia and Singapore - back to England in April. Does this fit in with your plans at all? I'm happy travelling solo but also be nice to meet people sometimes.

I'm 30-year-old female, currently volunteer teaching in Cambodia, from Manchester in UK. If you're interested in a travel companion, lets chat.

Anna x

#6 Posted: 19/11/2010 - 14:49

• vicky29

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2010

Hi Anna,
    i am still in BKK at the moment, think i will start to the north of thailand from beginning next week, not sure when i will be where exactly, think in Vietnam round mid\end december. Lets keep in contact in case we will be in same place-same time
    cheers Vicky

#7 Posted: 20/11/2010 - 18:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Irish 28yr old female travelling solo for 3-4 wks vietnam from start of march 2011 ... By roro28 on 26 Jan 2011 14 3191 4 May 2011