Companions forum

Travelling south thailand, laos, cambodia from Feb2011 starting Bangkok, looking for people to join

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

Hey I am a 28yo happy aussie chick going to travel south east asia, and possibly south america from feb next year. I have done this trip before solo and it was so good I want to do it again and see and do some of the things that I missed that I was told along the way about.

I am looking for happy easygoin people/person to share some of the laughs and experiences with. I know that once you are there it is really easy to meet people but its definalty nice to know you will know someone when you get there!!!

So i'd love to hear from people who may have similar itinery and wanna meet up!! I am VERY flexible, I belive these things really cant be planned out

Rachael x

#1 Posted: 2/11/2010 - 15:39

• Advertisement

• hattie

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2010

Hi Rachel,
    i could be keen to join. i'm 32 and just left job and going to NZ and OZ first and then plan to be in Singapore/Bankok about mid to end March. how long you going for?
    Hattie

#2 Posted: 2/11/2010 - 18:41

• smillertime-

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2010

Hello, Rachel!! I actually have a similar itinerary (no solid plans!!) and timeframe. I am a 32 year-old American female, VERY easy-going :) and will be arriving to Bangkok on feb 1st next year after a couple of months in India/Bhutan/Nepal. I'll be traveling solo, as well, and would love to have someone to hang out with!

Hope we can get in touch :)

Best,
    Sarah

#3 Posted: 2/11/2010 - 20:54

• benrob87

Joined Travelfish
    6th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Rachel... Im going to be around Bangkok in 5weeks time. Then im off to South Korea to stay with a friend over the New Year but im back in Thailand around Jan Feb time. I was looking to travel through Laos Vietnam and Cambodia with nothing but a simply book to show me some of the wonders Asia has to offer. So as you can guess NOTHING is set in stone, wouldn't mind a coffee or a bud..... and go from there.

O im 23 male from the uk x

#4 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 02:41

• shawnmccrea

Joined Travelfish
    21st May, 2010
    Location Canada

Hey Rachael/All

Shawn here, 27 from Canada and planning on quitting my job and flying to Bangkok at the end of February.

Not planning on booking anything but have a general direction id like to make my way around at some point or other. Goal is to be there atleast 6 months. Would like to make my way through Northern Thailand as well as I have heard jungle trecking is good there and around to Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam.

If all goes well after doing the top loop id like to go down south to southern islands and borneo. ANyhow would be nice to even discuss things and worth a beverage or two!

I know a search of the net would give me this. But weather will be hot in the area during this season and easing off as the months go on if im correct? Would this be considered the high season in the general area?

Cheers!

#5 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 03:21

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

hey guys, well if you wanna chat further about this add me on facebook (and explain you from travel fish in a note or i wont add you).
    And shawn - I really wanna go back to laos and especially go tubing again. The best season for Laos (high season) is nov-feb i think, then its considered really hot and smokey march through to may i think. So I really want to try to get to Laos pretty much straight away before the shitty season hits. North Thailand is great I especially loved Pai, a hippy lil town up north, and its easy to get the boats to Laos from there. Anyways add me on facey and we can chat further, or sen me another post and ill reply on this.

And sarah, it sounds as if we could def meet up, again, add me on facey to chat more... ;)

#6 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 12:58

• smillertime-

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2010

Hi, Rachel! Sounds great!! What's the best way for me to find you on FB?

#7 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 21:14

• roisin2010

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2010

Hi

Would be great to join up with you, I am in Cambodia until Jan 31st, still trying to decide where to go then. I am a lone traveller (mature female) and have never done this kind of thing before. So any help/tips hugely appreciated

#8 Posted: 3/11/2010 - 22:13

• 0theories

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010
    Location United States

If you're looking for happy and easy-going, I'm your huckleberry :) I'm male, 35 currently living in the US. Will be arriving in Thailand from S. Korea on Dec. 19th for about 4 months of wandering. No solid plans but want to see at least 4 countries and travel Vietnam by motorcycle (will be buying one there). Haven't been to SEA before, but have seen a good portion of the rest of the world. Would be cool to hang with someone who's been there and done that (at least some of it). There's a facebook page with a bunch of us that will be there around that time (all "met" on here). I'll post a link when I get home from work (it's blocked here).

enjoy, lev

#9 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 02:21

• bazmatron

Click here to learn more about bazmatron
    Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2010
    Location Ireland

hey everyone,

32 yr old irish male here striking out on his own as well. looks like i'm not alone!!!
    hopefully will be leaving for KL round the middle of January then making my up through thailand, laos, cambodia, vietnam. thats the plan anyway. there's nothing definite as of yet, totally open to change. looks like we could get a nice diverse group going here to meet up for a few beers. would be nice to have a few buddies to travel with for a bit. safety in numbers and all that!!!! :) PM me here or i'll meet ye on facebook when Lev puts the link up.

cheers
    B.

#10 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 05:54

• Advertisement

• 0theories

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010
    Location United States

Here is the link to the page. Wow, we're up to 50 members!! Getting kinda big...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=133447996673253&v=wall

#11 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 06:11

• aliceinnyc

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

hi, i am a 30 year old solo traveler coming (quit my job/ leaving nyc) to visit southeast asia jan- november '11. i would love to meet up with folks, currently researching where i want to go. up for any type of adventure. email me, maybe we can meet up?

#12 Posted: 4/11/2010 - 08:03

• nazkia1

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2011

Hi Rachel,
    Im 20, female, from Indonesia. I'll be in Phuket Feb 14-21, travelling alone, open itinerary. I'll be very happy to join you.

Thanks
    Vita

#13 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 14:59

• katyesmith

Joined Travelfish
    4th July, 2010
    Location Australia

Hi Rachael,

Similar plans, heading to the thai coast in a couple of weeks before hitting burma, then north thai, laos, cambodia then vietnam. 

I am a cruisy 22, chick from the blue mountains in aus, love a laugh and a few sneaky beers. travelling solo, 22. I am also a photographer, guaranteed good holiday pictures. Pretty much up for anything!

Would love to meet somewhere along the way - really interested in this tubing business. 

Add me on facebook, facebook.com/katy.esmith

Hope to hear from you soon,

Katy x

#14 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 08:09

• ryder80

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

wow that's awesome someone created a group like that... and a fair number of people all down there @ similar times... and some even quitted there jobs, wish i could do the same, but unfortunately can't...

though it's set until early 2011, is there one set up the rest of the year as of yet...?

or should one be created, seeing as that group seems to have had great success so far....

thanks

#15 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 09:20

• aliceinnyc

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2010

i am in bangkok now and wandering slow around- hit me up if you guys are around at any point, i don't check the site often best email me at:

#16 Posted: 18/1/2011 - 09:39

• lola899

Joined Travelfish
    7th September, 2010

Hey there!
    Solo 21 year old female..
    I'm going to chiang Mai march 1st to volunteer for a month and after -April I plan on visiting the islands...bali... Laos Cambodia, would love to meet up, also very flexible looking to have a good time :)
    Lola899 at gmail

#17 Posted: 20/1/2011 - 02:00

• ingrid34

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2011

Hi everyone!
    I am a single female solo-traveler (34 but feels like 27) who also are going to Bangkok, and I am a "first-timer in asia". I am arriving Bangkok 1. February, and first on my "list" is to relax, and then go to chinatown and eperience the celebrating of chinese new year. anyone wanna join?
    For the rest of my trip.. well, I dont know exactly, but I have a vague plan.
    Mostly I will take one day at a time I think, and only plan three-four-five (tops) days ahead. But places I would consider to get memories from are Bangkok, Phuket, Patong, Karon, Krabi, Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan, and things like junglewalk, elephantriding, beautiful sunsets and waterfalls, seeing monkeytemple and tiger temple, and of course the puls of Bangkok in the streets and at the rivers...also thinking about massage, mini-spa and boattrip with snorkeling.. Well, I am a dreamer, like to enjoy life, and exploring, so I will not rush ahead, as this is vacation!
    But I would love to get to know other travelers, along the road or just for some time, so if you are in the area, give me a note! (I see it's plenty respond to Rachel, why dont we all meet for a coffee or drink? I think that could be nice)
    Best regards from Ingrid
    my email is messy2me@hotmail.com

#18 Posted: 20/1/2011 - 09:17

• aracely2001

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2011

I will be traveling from hong kong by train to hanoi on the 10th March 11. For the moment by myself but I would like to meet with other travellers if you are on the same route...

Well, let me know if you would like to meet up in case you are doing the same route.... I will be doing from north to south and I was thinking of renting a vespa :)

#19 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 08:36

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

If any of y'all get to Banlung, Ratanakiri, happy to show you around...

'sheeed

#20 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 11:34

• Rasheeed

Click here to learn more about Rasheeed
    Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2010
    Location Cambodia

If any of y'all get to Banlung, Ratanakiri, happy to show you around...

'sheeed

#21 Posted: 23/1/2011 - 11:34

• lana555

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2011

hi! im 27, solo female traveler, i ll be doing pretty much the same route but starting in April, wouldnt mind a company:)

Lana

#22 Posted: 3/4/2011 - 13:10

• mc600

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2011

Hi lana

Im a 25yo guy from the UK, just arrived in Bangkok. Pretty flexible on my route, would be good to meet up with someone though. When do you arrive?

#23 Posted: 6/4/2011 - 16:58

• Ramy

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2011

Hi everyone

I'm a super laid back 27yr old female currently working/traveling in thailand and will be in Bangkok/Ayutthaya for Songkran. Let me know if you want to hang out during this time.

Happy travelling!

#24 Posted: 6/4/2011 - 20:13

• ChelseaP

Joined Travelfish
    12th April, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey all,
    Am currently in Phu Quoc Vietnam and heading to Hoi An tomorrow then cruising town the coast and to Cambodia. Fly out of Hanoi on may 14 but if anyone is planning anything Similarish let me know as would love to meet some people and have someone to travel with!
    Hope all of your trips are going well!!
    Chelsea x

#25 Posted: 23/4/2011 - 13:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Solo female looking to meet people in Thailand starting Bangkok 1st Nov ... By crazyblondechick on 24 Jul 2011 8 4077 10 Oct 2011
First time travelling to Thailand - goind for 6 months- starting in Bangkok! ... By Kitty78 on 11 Jul 2008 44 10602 10 Jun 2009
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia 3 Months - Starting October 10 ... By chatz on 29 Aug 2009 15 5105 21 Jun 2010
A starting point: thailand, cambodia,laos, veitnam and indo in 6 months!?! ... By tammivalentine on 31 May 2009 6 3548 2 Jun 2009
solo 23/M planning on thailand, laos, vietnam, cambodia and maybe malaysia starting 29Dec. ... By robbell on 16 Dec 2011 8 2037 16 Jan 2012
25yr old lad travelling from 25th Nov onwards - starting in bangkok ... By winnston on 9 Aug 2012 4 1177 9 Oct 2012
Travelling south east asia July 2013 (Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia) ... By michelled on 9 Jun 2013 3 1159 10 Jun 2013
cambodia-laos 19/02/09-25/02/09..anyone want to join? ... By ling_tan79 on 29 Dec 2008 0 1401 29 Dec 2008
Riding 7 days North Vietnam starting January 14th, anyone want to join? ... By flyingcub on 5 Jan 2011 0 2003 5 Jan 2011
Anyone in Bangkok now and travelling through Thailand and Laos? ... By nzmissy on 11 Jul 2011 2 1554 12 Jul 2011