Companions forum

End of Dec or begin of Jan: Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand (one month for all)

• doveultimate

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2010

Hi fellow fishies! I'm a 30 yo female from US currently in India and looking to travel in SEA starting either at the end of December or very beginning of Janaury. I plan to start in Vietnam in Hanoi then travel south to Saigon, then into Cambodia from Kep up to Siem Reap, into Bangkok and check out the north of Thailand and back to Bangkok at the end of January. Soooo, wouldn't it be fun if I had a (or some) travel buddies to join me?? I have a pretty good idea of the itinerary but I'm open to suggestions too. After all, I've got to consider my travel buddy! Oh, I'm on a budget so I'm not looking to stay anywhere expensive. Anyone?

#1 Posted: 5/12/2010 - 18:27

• Advertisement

• opihi

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2010

I'm interested in visiting Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia in February. Will you be gone by then?

#2 Posted: 11/12/2010 - 14:22

• Aisa_Basia

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2011
    Location United States

Hello doveultimate, a fellow American

Great mind think alike on the semi backpacking style or shoestring budget travel, to be exact (smile). I'm from California, similar age range. What about you?

Will you'll be visiting Hue, Hoi An, Da Nang or vincity of Vietnam? I will be there from Jan 29th, 2011 onward. If you visiting those places and if our schedule align with each other, let's check them out together. It will be my first time traveling to the above places, however, I'm able to communicate in Vietnamese, if that's any of help for the trip?

I'm also open to other SE Asia destination and I had no particular plan yet so it's open for discussion.

Please contact me through the PM inbox here. Thanks!

#3 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 00:53

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

AB - if you want people to respond to you via PM, you will need to turn on your Private Messaging options. Login and go to the Member Centre and scout around - it's in there somewhere. You will know when you have successfully turned it on when you see the blue 'Private Message' link under your name in each of your posts.

#4 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 03:17

• Aisa_Basia

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2011
    Location United States

busylizzy,

Thanks for the instruction on how to activating the PM. I had no idea I had to activate it.

I just activate my PM feature so I can rec'd PM now.

Thanks,
    Aisa

#5 Posted: 15/1/2011 - 04:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
1 Month in the Far East (Thailand - Cambodia - Vietnam - Laos) ... By BaznChaz on 30 Aug 2007 6 19090 8 Sep 2008
1 month trip to Thailand/Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia ... By Nixxypie on 27 Apr 2011 7 10823 28 Apr 2011
2 - 3 month adventure - Thailand/Laos/Vietnam/Cambodia! ... By rachel0621 on 19 Aug 2009 16 5969 7 Oct 2009
Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Laos in a month ... By blackskin on 26 Aug 2008 2 6563 2 Sep 2008
Itinerary 1 Month - Backpacking Through Thailand Laos Cambodia and Vietnam... Advice Needed :) ... By reneejordan on 5 Nov 2010 8 20119 6 Mar 2011
3 month route through Thailand/Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos - constructive criticism wanted! ... By kmc on 30 May 2011 5 6224 1 Aug 2011