Companions forum

28 yr old F from scotland arriving in bangkok 18th Jan

• steph1982

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2010

Hi my name is Steph Im 28 from Scotland

I plan to travel thailand 6-8 weeks and possibly take in Bali. I arrive in Bangkok 18th Jan and then just see what happens from there. Possibly do Northern thailand before hitting some islands and a full moon party.

anyone interested in the same then give me a shout. Im a laidback person who likes to have fun

Thanks

Steph

#1 Posted: 16/12/2010 - 07:59

• Advertisement

• thatvaletguy

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2010

My brother and I will be in Bangkok during that time before heading to Pattaya. We are 26 and 24 from the states. We should meet up.

#2 Posted: 20/12/2010 - 11:09

• irishlass24

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2012

Hi Steph

Im planning on doing the exact same except i do not hit BKK till the end of feb what a shame!! Im arriving and staying in Lub d Siam for the first few days to get settled then plan on hitting northen Thailand before the south and ful moon parties etc! Anyone else out there arriving that time sure let me know

Im a 24 year old solo female traveler .. nervous :)

#3 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 19:04

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Hi Steph, I happen to be arriving in bkk on the 18th too! Are you getting a connection in Dubai? You never know we might be on the same plane... anyway I'm staying in Lub d Siam (as above) and I'm really nervous (also as above). We should definitely get a group together and meet for a drink / meal, I'm also planning on heading North next so it would be ace to have someone to travel with. I'm 18 and travelling solo, female and from the UK (midlands) by the way. :)

#4 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 19:23

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

PS there's a facebook group someone set up called 'SE Asia 2012' that is useful for finding companions

#5 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 19:25

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

There's also https://www.facebook.com/events/176042639153469/
    The first event since I landed was the CS Bangkok meet up, geez were there a lot of people, over 50 fellow travellers and locals - :)

Join http://travbuddy.com also, another great site.

#6 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 22:32

• liltraveler

Click here to learn more about liltraveler
    Joined Travelfish
    14th November, 2011
    Location United States

I will be getting into Bangkok on the 19th coming from the north and heading south, but maybe we can meet up for a short bit. I am traveling solo as well and it might be nice just to catch up with other travelers. Cheers

#7 Posted: 4/1/2012 - 22:53

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Hey altmtl, I've just signed up with couchsurfing but finding it really hard to find any CS Bangkok activities on there, I put Bangkok into the 'activities' search but it didn't really come up with anything, is there a particular group that I can join on there or something? The website is a little confusing.

#8 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 13:05

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

Oops actually I think I've just found it, here is a link for anyone interested http://www.couchsurfing.org/group.html?gid=6297

Sorry for bulking up this thread :)

#9 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 13:08

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Join the main Bangkok group.

#10 Posted: 5/1/2012 - 16:51

• Advertisement

• karlrufus

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

Hi I'm also arriving into bangkok on the 18th (are we all on the same flight or something?!) Although i intend to cross over into cambodia the next day for a week in cambodia followed by 3 weeks in vietnam before flying back to bangkok around the 16th-18th of feb, so if you're completely flexible perhaps contact me if you decide to do something similar

#11 Posted: 9/1/2012 - 10:48

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

If you're flying with emirates then we must be on the same one. I'll be on the look out for other backpackers anyway :) Would be cool to go straight to Cambodia but I'm pretty certain I'm going north after a few days in BKK. Might cross paths at some point though you never know

PS. altmtl I joined the main group :) overwhelmed by how active it is, it's great.

#12 Posted: 9/1/2012 - 14:57

• karlrufus

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

Nah I'm flying BA/Quantas, I'm on couchsurfing too so contact me on that if you do end up changing your direction, I'm registered as karlrufus on that too

#13 Posted: 9/1/2012 - 17:16

• Phiddy

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2011

If anyone is still watching this thread, would be cool to meet up on the 19th for early lunch and to explore the city...? Have done a similar post on a thread elsewhere, could get a small group together if anyone responds :) if you're on couch surfing I'm Phiddy on there too.

#14 Posted: 15/1/2012 - 12:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Arriving in Bangkok January 18th ... By Phiddy on 4 Jan 2012 0 847 4 Jan 2012
Bangkok 18th Feb ... By jeffuk on 12 Feb 2010 1 1202 12 Feb 2010