Companions forum

Travel Buddys wanted!! April-July

• jleonard

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I'm 29 yr old solo female heading to SE Asia for 14 weeks from April to July. I'm flying to Bangkok on 18 April and I intend to visit Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and probably Malaysia and Indonesia depending on time.

I am just starting to plan my itinerary now so I'm really flexible. If anyone else is travelling during this time who wants to join up let me know.

Thanks,

J

#1 Posted: 12/1/2011 - 01:26

• Advertisement

• redchesus

Joined Travelfish
    5th January, 2011

Hmm, I'm flying into Hanoi the 18th of April and heading southward in Vietnam then over to Cambodia and Bangkok by June. We might cross paths depending on what your itinerary looks like.

23 y/o Vietnamese-American male solo traveler.

#2 Posted: 12/1/2011 - 02:33

• ryder80

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

hi there,

though i might not have as much time as you do... maybe about 3 months for me, but would definitly like to visit each country as well, but as you mentioned, it's all about time... is this trip a 1st for you, it will be for me...

what are your plans, beaches, site seeing, trekking/hiking, villages, partying, a bit of everything?

i'm from toronto, 30 y/o male.

#3 Posted: 12/1/2011 - 05:59

• mc600

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2011

Hiya

Im a 25yo guy from Manchester, im pretty laid back and easy to get along with. Im flying out to Bangkok early April on my own and planing to pretty much the same countries as you. I am planning on travelling Thailand first then Vietnam from the beginning of June then moving onto cambodia or Laos then maybe back to Thailand or Malaysia / Indonesia.
    My plans are fairly loose though so im willing to change them. Let me know if you wanna meet up or if you've got any questions just message me back.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 8/3/2011 - 04:55

• greektravel-
    ler

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2011

Hello im 27 year old greek guy flying to bangkok on 5th of april. from there wanna travel laos- cambodia - vietnam ....anyone wanna join me

#5 Posted: 8/3/2011 - 22:55

• bw107

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2011
    Location United States

Hey World! My name is Burton. I am from Las Vegas, NV. I will be arriving in BKK on April 12th. I don't really have any plans except to travel and have a damn good time. I am 30/m and will be traveling SOLO. I plan to travel from around 3 to 6 months, but I have no plans or dates that I have to come back so just go with the flow. I plan to try and see all of the counties J listed in her post as well. I would really like to meet up with some of you and have some traveling buddies. You can find me on Facebook (Burton Wheeler) in Las Vegas, NV (profile pic is The Beach) or e-mail me at Thaiburt@hotmail.com. I hope to hear from some of u soon. I can't believe I will be in Paradise in 1 month.

#6 Posted: 9/3/2011 - 02:40

• skbxb6

Joined Travelfish
    2nd March, 2011

Hi there!

I am a 26 year old woman from San Francisco looking for travel partners for June. I am flexible and am in beginning stages of planning (my travel buddy who was supposed to go with me just canceled). I'm looking at spending no more than 5 days in Bangkok, I want to go to Chiang Mai and other areas of northern Thailand, then travel down to the southern beaches. At some point I also want to go to Cambodia to see Angkor Wat. Those are my preliminary must-see places and I'm also totally open. I hope you are currently having a nice time traveling and hope to hear from you!

Cheers,
    Samantha

#7 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 11:46

• tantan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hi Samantha,
    Why not you join Flounda23?........what say you?

#8 Posted: 25/3/2011 - 12:05

• Summer89

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2011
    Location United States

Hey there,
    25 y/o female from Massachusetts
    I'll be traveling solo (first time ever!) starting the beginning of May- early to mid June (~4-5 weeks) and would like a traveling buddy for part or most of my time in SE Asia. I haven't finalized anything yet or have definite dates yet...still deciding on the dates to leave and return. As of now, I plan to start in Thailand and end in Vietnam. For Thailand, I would love to check out Bangkok, the temples, beaches, eat, shop,some of the islands, and Chiang Mai. For Vietnam, I def want to see Hanoi, maybe Halong Bay, Da Lat, Mui Ne (sand dunes), eat, shop, and end in Ho Chi Minh City. I'm only saying maybe to Halong Bay because I know at some point I'll come back to Vietnam. Other than that, the rest I'm pretty open to. I would also like to visit either Cambodia or Malaysia, if time permits. Let me know if anyone would like to meet up in May-June

Kathy

#9 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 01:11

• scrubs726

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey everyone!

I'm a 25 yo Vietnamese-American Female, traveling alone for the first time as well. I'm already here in Saigon, and plan on visiting Hoi An , Hue, and Hanoi over the next 2 weeks. I fly into Bangkok April 10 and will spend the next 2 weeks in Thailand. Anyone interested in meeting up in Hoi An or Bangkok?

#10 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 04:52

• Advertisement

• ryder80

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

hi, well officially got my time off from work this week, about 4 months to be exact, was only planning 3, but another month wouldn't hurt i don't think... just need to book my flight to HK.

i'm arriving to HK before april 8th, as i have something to do that day.. and hopefully leave around the 10th or so... just before the water festival and full moon party few days after that... and will try to meet up with another member from here....

are you plans to check those out as well...

#11 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 05:01

• scrubs726

Joined Travelfish
    26th March, 2011

Hey Ryder

I plan on spending 4/10-4/14 in Bangkok, then 4/14-17 in Chiang Mai. The New Year/Water festival is biggest in those 2 cities. From then I'm flying to Koh Samui/Koh Pha Ngan for the full moon party, then checking out Ko Phi Phi and Phuket after that.

#12 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 05:08

• ryder80

Joined Travelfish
    19th December, 2010

hiya scrubs,

don't know if i'll be booking my flight from HK to thailand as of yet, will need to deal with some issues there 1st when i'm actually there, but am hoping after april 8th, i'm free to do my thing and take off... and no idea whether i'll land in bang kok or phuket, but since you mentioned the events taking place are more popular in bangkok and chiang mai, that sounds like a plan... and koh pha ngan for the full moon event... what mode of transportation are you taking from bangkok to chiang mai...

edwin

#13 Posted: 26/3/2011 - 05:30

• leavingsoon

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2011

hey there! im 30/female on my way about that time as well. keen to meet up somewhere along the way. im very flexible and non-planny...as in, if we find somewhere rad we stay. if not, we go...that sort of thing. if you travel this way as well it would be fun! let me know. cheers,
    carly

#14 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 15:08

• asho82

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2011

I will be in Hanoi April 18th planning to head south on the 23rd eventually making my way to HCMC. From there I will most likely head west to Angkor Wat. I also am looking to find a travel partner.
    29 year old American female.

#15 Posted: 1/4/2011 - 18:07

• lana555

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2011

hi!

im starting on 9th of april for a month, would definitely like to join, pretty much the same destinations and its very flexible,

lana

#16 Posted: 2/4/2011 - 18:29

• ashleylee

Joined Travelfish
    3rd April, 2011

Hi all! I'm a solo female traveller planning a 2-weeks stay in Vietnam during 4.27 and 5.9, heading from the north to the south of the country. (Hoi An, Da Lat, Mui Ne, Saigon) If you'll be there and would like to meet up, please send me a message!

Ashley

#17 Posted: 3/4/2011 - 16:35

• SFtraveler

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011

Samantha -

Not sure if you are checking this but I'm a 27yo Male also in San Francisco and looking for travel buddies for Thailand in June. My schedule is also still pretty open. Private message me if you are interested in talking more (or anyone else who's looking as well) .

-Mike

#18 Posted: 7/4/2011 - 07:20

• sunshynedayz

Joined Travelfish
    15th April, 2011

hi friends! i'll be solo-tripping SE asia starting on 4/26 in bangkok. anyone headed to chiang mai around that the 28th? would also love company to laos and cambodia after.

scrubs,
    just curious, but what are your logistics for the full moon party? would love to attend that, but not sure how early we need to arrive and where to stay.

thanks!!

#19 Posted: 15/4/2011 - 01:54

• ChelseaP

Joined Travelfish
    12th April, 2011

Hey guys, am currently in Phu Quoc in Vietnam and heading back to hcmc and up to da nang on the 23rd, after that my plan is to head back down the coast and eventually over to Cambodia around the 1st of may, anyone else with a similar itinary? If so would be awesome to catch up! Am 26 f from nz :-)

#20 Posted: 21/4/2011 - 22:13

• sk3

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2011

Hello all! Seems to be a lot of overlapping itineraries floating around - for my part, I'm arriving in HCMC on May 20, then will make my way north through Vietnam over ~3 weeks before hitting up Siem Reap/Angkor Wat for a few days. Anyone doing something similar or want to meet up for a few days somewhere along the way?

I'm a 25 year-old male from Boston/Miami, depending on how you measure, and taking a month off before starting a new job.

#21 Posted: 25/4/2011 - 21:15

• Travelbugc

Joined Travelfish
    26th April, 2011
    Location Canada

Hi J,

I'm a 31 yr old Canadian female traveling solo.I will be traveling through Thailand and Cambodia from May 9th - June 2nd. I'm also looking for travel buddies : )

Christina

#22 Posted: 26/4/2011 - 02:38

• Summer89

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2011
    Location United States

Hey guys-I'll be in the region starting May 14th-June13th; arriving in Bangkok on May 14 and leaving from HCMC to head back to Boston on June 14. I plan to start in Thailand (1-2 weeks...BKK a few days, the islands for 3 days, Chaing Mai for the jungle/elephant trek), head to either Laos or Cambodia (Ankor Wat) for a few days, and spend the rest of my time in S.Vietnam- Saigon, Da Lat, Mui Ne, & maybe Nha Trang and possibly Hanoi for 2 days if there is time. If anyone is interested in meeting up in Thailand, Ankor Wat/Siem Reap/ Phnom Phen, or Vietnam let me know!
    25 y/o female from Boston area

#23 Posted: 1/5/2011 - 10:07

• curiouser

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2011

Hello All!

I am traveling for 5 weeks starting June 1. I am a 25 y/o female from California. With friends until June 15th and then on my own until July 5. Planning to fly into Cambodia around the 15th from Malaysia and then make my way back to Bangkok - hopefully by way of Laos and Vietnam if I have the time.

Let me know if our paths will cross!

Adrienne

#24 Posted: 16/5/2011 - 11:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
travel buddy wanted for april/may ... By ricardo4 on 7 Mar 2013 6 2029 24 Apr 2013
26/F S.E.A travel buddys please xx ... By bekkismi on 22 Jan 2012 4 868 23 Jan 2012
Starting thailand nov09, wants travel buddys ... By rachael27 on 6 Oct 2009 42 3260 26 Nov 2009