Companions forum

Anyone else travelling in August 2011??

• April85

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi everybody

So I have recently booked my flight into Bangkok arriving 20th August..
    I'm planning quite a big trip and leaving my job behind so im in no rush. I have enough money to last around 6 months in SE Asia before I fly to NZ to work and travel. I know the places I want to visit but no set plan/route so really flexible. If theres anyone else out there travelling around at this time or interested in meeting up then please get in touch.. even if its just to share ideas!
    I've been saving for over a year now and getting pretty excited with it being just 5 months away :-)

#1 Posted: 4/3/2011 - 16:06

• Advertisement

• ineedtotrav-
    el1

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2011

hey,im going at the end of august if you fancy meeting up or swapping a few ideas wre to go let me know ...

#2 Posted: 9/3/2011 - 04:32

• April85

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hiya - that be great. Do you have any ideas where you want to go and for how long? Maybe send me your e-mail addy and we will stay in touch? Have you booked anything yet?

#3 Posted: 9/3/2011 - 14:39

• flexo_24

Joined Travelfish
    9th March, 2011

Hi,

Yeah I'll be there, hopefully going there maybe Mid-June/July. In Australia now saving up for it!

If you fancy any ideas/tips in August maybe while I've been there for a while, let us know [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]:)

#4 Posted: 9/3/2011 - 15:18

• dickeydorley

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2011

hi
    yea im doing the exact same as you. no set plan as much,talked 2 a few friends and they said go with the flow. maybe traveling south east asia for few months tho then on 2 nz. iv already did 2 years in oz.

#5 Posted: 9/3/2011 - 19:16

• April85

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hi - Thanks for the replies. So either of you booked any flights yet? I was trying to private message you to send my details so we can stay in touch but I dont know how to do it? Are you on facebook? I have been to oz aswell but only for a year in 2007 so cant get whv there either. I'm just in process of getting my one for nz. Im so excited. Wish I could go tommorrow. Have been saving for what feels like fovever.

Flexo - are you from oz or just working out there? would appreciate staying in touch and you give me heads up for when I get out there :) Will you be out of Asia completely by the time I get there?I planning on travelling out there for quite a while before I head to nz.

#6 Posted: 10/3/2011 - 14:40

• ineedtotrav-
    el1

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2011

Hiya,yea ive booked flights etc ,cant wait ....email me on martineshelby@gmail.com or fb me if you want spk soon

#7 Posted: 11/3/2011 - 03:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.