Companions forum

Thailand mid July =]

• fenn

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Helloooo all

Im flying into bangkok on the 16thy July alone and also my first time travelling
    Booked for 6 weeks atm but will extend if I need more time
    Planning Thailand mostly but want to do a flying visit through Cambodia to Vietnam then back to Thailand.

Anyone fancy meeting up along the way =]

#1 Posted: 17/3/2011 - 03:57

• Advertisement

• Flounda23

Joined Travelfish
    1st March, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey fenn!

I'm flying into Bangkok on July 2nd and planning on touring the north and south east over 4 weeks! I'm travelling solo also! The full moon party is on the 17th in Koh Phnagan so planning to be there for that! What's your plans for Thailand?

#2 Posted: 17/3/2011 - 15:37

• fenn

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Hellooooo

I'm touring my first week to get used to things- doing the thai intro which goes south to the islands.
    From here im confused.
    I want to fit everything in around the black moon party on the 30th (i think) to celebrate my 21st birthday in early august. But then I really want to be at the full moon party which is mid august.
    I defoo want to do Chang Mai and a week in Vietnam. Planning to go through cambodia overnight train/bus. Travel across Cambodia into Vietnam then fly back to BKK from here. I just trying figure out the best route to take.
    But also how i can fit it all in two weeks before the Full Moon Party.

Are you doing a guided tour through the north?

#3 Posted: 23/3/2011 - 19:48

• andrea13

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2010

Hello :) im in thailand for really similar dates to you, think i arrive 2 days before you though. im staying till early sept but it would be great to meet people in bangkok which im imagining will be the scariest bit of the journey! so let me know if you wanna meet :)

#4 Posted: 24/3/2011 - 02:47

• fenn

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Heyy yeah that would be really good. Planning to do a tour when i get there but it starts 2 days after I have 2 days to explore BKK alone.

What have you got planned for when your out there?

#5 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 00:52

• frabilly

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2011

hey, i'll probably be around laos/cambodia/thailand (in that order) in early august and hoping to go to the august full moon party too! fenn, i've got the same problem as you - how to fit it in 2 weeks!

#6 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 14:34

• m04et324

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2011

Hello,

Myself and my sister are travelling fro Hong Kong to Singapore taking in Vietnam Cambodia, Laos Thailand Malaysia and then onto Singapore startin on the 1st of July until the end of August. We will be in KohPhangan for fiull moon party on the 14th Aug 11. We are planning on doing most of our travel on trains and buses. Maybe one or two flights in between. Defo thinking about getting a flight fom Koh Samui - Koh Phi phi. What tour are you joining once you arrive. I did one of them through India last year and it was fantastic. Be careful in Bangkok though on your own.

#7 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 20:05

• fenn

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2011

Hi Guys,

Glad everyone will be at the Full Moon Party, I know there pretty lively anyway but still always good to know =]

I will be doing the Thai Intro i think, expensive for what is is but people always say its worth it, hopefully will a birthday present aswel so even more of a bonus i guess. I got in touch with them and they said they will do a pick up from my hotel, I just need to find a decent one in the city so I can wonder around during the day, pretty nervous the more I think about it but I reackon i'll be reet as long as I dont look completly lost.

I want to do as many islands and sunshine as i can in thailand and vietnam! All the rest can fall inbetween. Im pretty easy with plans, as long as i can squash it all into the time I have.

#8 Posted: 28/3/2011 - 22:28

• andrea13

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2010

heyy, i think im doing the opposite order to you guys but might change it as at the mo theres no way ill be able to fit thai island stuff at the end. And theres waaay too much stuff to fit into 8 weeks. Im not doing any tours or anything, therefore i am a bit scared. eee cant wait though! anyway errr anyone going the same direction as me?x

#9 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 01:11

• frabilly

Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2011

hmm i've been to bangkok many times and it's pretty safe to me! i'm more worried about the other towns in laos and cambodia actually. but always good to be wary and cautious of course!

andrea i think after all that travelling you'd like to wind down and soak up the sun and laze on the beaches on the thai islands!

#10 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 09:03

• Advertisement

• tantan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hi guys,
    Yes,everything good to be wary and cautious.....i'm going to beaches like Phuket,Krabi,Koh Lantar,Koh Phi Phi.....anyone would like to join?Andrea,u can refer to the page of Flounda23 to look up the itinenary i had planed.......
    cheers,
    tantan

#11 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 09:45

• Amylou5990

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2011

Heyy. I also fly into Thailand on the 16th July. Do you have a stop over in Hong Kong by any chance? I'm 20 and travelling solo until 17th Sept. Planning on doing Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and finally Malaysia, fly home from Singapore. Would love to meet along the way :) x

#12 Posted: 23/4/2011 - 04:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.