Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

solo female traveler in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam May 26-Aug

Posted by Heathermenz on 5/5/2011 at 00:22

Hello,

I'm a solo 26yr Canadian female traveling through SEA for 2 months. Starting in Thailand (Bangkok) on the 26th and heading north in Thailand then to Laos and then Cambodia and Vietnam somewhere in there.

First time in SEA but have traveled across Europe and Japan. Looking for travel buddies along the way...if you're in the area or think we might across paths let me know!

#1 Heathermenz has been a member since 28/1/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by alihriley on 10/5/2011 at 22:31

Where is it you fly into,Bangkok international? Myself and another friend are flying into Bangkok on the 1st June and are then heading north into Laos and carrying on into vietnam and south into Cambodia. We have around 3 months so we can be very flexible with dates etc.
The more the merrier :)

#2 alihriley has been a member since 28/2/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by Heathermenz on 17/5/2011 at 03:57

Yes I'll be flying into the international airport in Bangkok. I'll only be in the city for a few days but I'll be spending about a week in Chiang Mai beginning of June before taking the riverboat in Laos to Luang Prabang.

Hope to catch up with you two along the way! :)

#3 Heathermenz has been a member since 28/1/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by glenton on 17/5/2011 at 22:26

Currently in Bangkok and slowly heading north towards Chang Mai, planning to get the slow boat to Laos sometime during the first week of June and then Vietnam and Cambodia after that. Probably doing it over a similar time frame to you as well :)

#4 glenton has been a member since 17/12/2010. Posts: 3

Posted by DDavies on 14/6/2011 at 16:55

I imagine you're pretty far ahead of me by now, but I'm in Chiang Mai at the moment. Planning to get to Laos for the slowboat soon, then heading down to Cambodia. Any chance of catching you up?
www.facebook.com/david.davies

#5 DDavies has been a member since 26/3/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by helloimjen on 15/6/2011 at 16:24

Hi, I am also a solo female traveler. I am 23 and from the United States. I will be here for around 6 weeks traveling the region. I started off in Bangkok and working my way north. I am currently Sukhothia and heading the Chaing Mai tomorrow. I'm staying there a few days then heading towards the Laos border and slow boating it to Luang Prabang. After that heading back down South? and Cambodia next? Let me know if anyone can/wants to meet up!

#6 helloimjen has been a member since 15/6/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by DDavies on 15/6/2011 at 17:43

Hey helloimjen, sounds like your plans are pretty similar to mine. I'm in Chiang Mai for another 2-3 days (possibly going to Pai for a day), and was then planning to head to Laos for slow boat then travel down to Cambodia. Slow boat sounds pretty epic so it'd be good to have some company! I'm staying at SK2 guesthouse, but am checking the internet most days so feel free to e-mail me on david_davies5@hotmail.com or add me at www.facebook.com/david.davies if you want some company :-)

Dave

p.s. i'm 23/m from the uk by the way! i'm in the area for another 4 weeks and then going to visit the US!

#7 DDavies has been a member since 26/3/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by mimi10000 on 8/5/2012 at 08:52

Hiya im Flying to Bangkok on the 27th May, and then looking to travel around Thailand for around 3weeks, then off to Oz for a year. If you would like to meet when in Bangkok let me know im travelling solo too, can email me on... mayaladva@aol.com

Maya

#8 mimi10000 has been a member since 8/5/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 7

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.