Companions forum

Arriving in BKK on the 16th!

• gottagetaway

Joined Travelfish
    9th February, 2011
    Location United States

I will be flying in to BKK from California (via Dusseldorf! wasn't expecting that) and arriving on May 16th.

Will any other travelers be in Bangkok the week of May 16th, or in Northern Thailand during the weeks following?

I plan to explore BKK for a few days, then travel to the north to explore Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pai, and the rest of the north before going into Laos. After exploring Laos, I will go to Cambodia, and after that I may go to Vietnam, or return back to Thailand to visit the islands

#1 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 01:39

• Advertisement

• gottagetaway

Joined Travelfish
    9th February, 2011
    Location United States

Also, in case it matters to anyone, I'm a 23-year-old California male.

I'm very laid back, but I'm very excited about my adventure.

If you are on CouchSurfing, my username is 'peaceseekingmissile'

#2 Posted: 5/5/2011 - 02:00

• glenton

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2010

Arrived in Bangkok a few days ago as well, will be heading north to Chang Mai next week, probably stopping in Lopburi to visit a friend. How long you planning to stay in BKK?

#3 Posted: 17/5/2011 - 22:34

• gottagetaway

Joined Travelfish
    9th February, 2011
    Location United States

I'll be here at least through the weekend, but I will probably leave on monday or so.
    After that I also plan to go to Chiang Mai, so perhaps we can go together!

Please send me a private message, and I will give you my local phone number
    http://www.travelfish.org/sendmessage.php?recipient=54867
    are you on CouchSurfing? if so, my username is peaceseekingmissile
    http://www.couchsurfing.org/people/peaceseekingmissile/

#4 Posted: 18/5/2011 - 12:51

• qckoee

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2011

HP G72-B66US 17.3-Inch

HP Pavilion dv7-4170us NoteBook AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N850(2.2GHz) 17.3" 4GB Memory 640GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

HP G72-B66US 17.3-Inch, Intel i3-370M, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, Intel HD graphic, Webcam

41SYYKxSCcL. SL160 HP G72 B66US 17.3 Inch, Intel i3 370M, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, Intel HD graphic, Webcam

HP G72-B66USis a 17.3-inch laptop equipped with a 2.4GHz Intel Core i3-370M Processor, 4GB installed memory, and 500GB hard drive. It sports a 17.3? diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900), Intel HD Graphics, HP Webcam with integrated microphone, SuperMulti 8X DVD?R/RW, 5-in-1 media reader, 802.11b/g/n WLAN, and 6-Cell 47WHr Lithium-Ion Battery. The laptop runs on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system. Needless to say, such a configuration is good enough for our daily use, people are very happy with it.

As a high-configured 17.3? laptop, the HP G72-B66US could be a perfect desktop replacement, so if you’ve been tired of your desktop PC, it’s time to replace it with this one.

The HP G72-B66US notebook PC features the latest technology and enhanced security right out of the box for the perfect balance of performance, connectivity, and worry-free computing.
    Intel? CoreTM i3-370M Processor (2.40GHz)
    4GB installed memory
    500GB hard drive
    17.3? diagonal High Definition+ HP BrightView LED Display (1600 x 900)
    Intel HD Graphics
    SuperMulti 8X DVD?R/RW with Double Layer Support
    Textured HP Imprint finish with the prism design in biscotti
    HP Webcam with integrated microphone
    Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n WLAN
    5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader
    Full-size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad
    6-Cell 47WHr Lithium-Ion Battery
    Dimensions 16.22? (W) x 10.59? (D) x 1.27? (min H)/1.47 (max H) (6.6lbs)
    Genuine Windows? 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS
    1 year warranty

netbook

#5 Posted: 20/5/2011 - 09:57

• qckoee

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2011

Building and Designing about HP EliteBook 8740w

The HP EliteBook 8740w is a "mobile workstation" designed to meet very specific requirements for performance, durability, power consumption and a host of other features. In each case the EliteBook line meets or exceeds those standards, so before you even try to life this almost eight-pound notebook you know it's built to be tough.

The main body of the laptop is covered in the "HP DuraCase" and "HP DuraFinish" which is essentially a hard plastic and strong magnesium alloy inner shell much like its predecessor strengthened by a brushed aluminum outer shell that is scratch resistant. HP uses a darker color on the outside of the mobile workstations and a lighter silver finish on the standard EliteBook series. The outer shell of the screen casing is made of metal, but the inner screen bezel is plastic. The entire chassis from the base to the screen lid feels exceptionally strong and resistant to flex. The keyboard is the only exception to that rule since it has a tendency to "bounce" under your fingertips when you type with heavy pressure.

HP says that this mobile workstation "has been tested and meets the military standard MIL-STD 810F tests" and we've seen HP demonstrations where this EliteBook was exposed to excessive heat, vibration and water and kept running. Additionally, the 8740w also features hard drive shock protection in the form of HP 3D DriveGuard which helps protect your hard drive in the event the laptop gets dropped or violently bumped. You can also configure the 8730w with a solid state drive (SSD) if you need extreme speed and resistance to vibration.

In terms of expansion, the EliteBook 8740w uses two simple plastic covers on the bottom of the notebook (each held in place with standard Phillips head screws) so that you or your IT department can easily access the hard drive, wireless cards or RAM for fast upgrades. The optical drive can also be removed and replaced with a second hard drive or SSD if you need more storage. The bottom of the notebook also features a dedicated docking station port, external battery port, and a convenient place to store your business card.

netbook

HP Pavilion dv7-4296nr Notebook Intel Core i7 2630QM(2.00GHz) 17.3" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi AMD Radeon HD 6570M

#6 Posted: 20/5/2011 - 09:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Arriving BKK 16th Feb 2010 - Travel buddies ... By shadek on 18 Dec 2009 9 2291 4 Feb 2010