Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

21 M Chicago, looking for June travel buddies in Hong Kong, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, & Cambodia

Posted by parth82390 on 16/5/2011 at 10:45

Hello everyone,

I am a college student who will be taking summer classes in Hong Kong from June - August 2011. I have three weeks of open travel from June 8th (land in Hong Kong) till June 28th (classes starting). In this timeframe, I wish to check out the places mentioned in the post title.

I have never traveled in the region, and will be on my own. Any travel companions will be very much appreciated! Please let me know if anyone has a similar itinerary, as I am more than happy to tag along.

I am down for almost anything, which I hope is a plus for you. Overall, I would love a mixture of adventure, partying and relaxation. Also a huge fan of any scenic destinations along the way.

Thank you for your time

#1 parth82390 has been a member since 9/5/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by noregrets on 18/5/2011 at 12:21

Hi parth82390,

I am currently planning a trip to SE Asia through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. I plan on flying into Hong Kong on the 2nd of June and going on to Bangkok on the 6th. From there, I have no plans yet other than the fact that I would like to return to the states by the 4th of July. I do, however, need a travel buddy beginning on the 8th of June. If you are interested, you can email me at smorlock@indiana.edu. I'm a 22 year old female and I live just outside of Chicago so if you wanted to meet up before you leave that could work too.

Thanks!

#2 noregrets has been a member since 18/5/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by jinglehymrshmit on 19/5/2011 at 03:45

Hey. I am also a college student (M 20) from the Chicagoland area who is going to be traveling the region in the same time frame. My itenerary is very loose as of right now, but I am planning on leaving next week sometime. I'm gonna be flying into Bangkok and would like to check out Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. I'd really like a travel companion even if it would be just for a little bit. If you'd be interested in working something out just PM me and we can chat.

#3 jinglehymrshmit has been a member since 14/3/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by jinglehymrshmit on 19/5/2011 at 03:49

Also, I didn't see noregrets' reply. Maybe we could all work something out? I bet it would be nice to hang out with a few fellow Illinoisans on the other side of the planet.

#4 jinglehymrshmit has been a member since 14/3/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by parth82390 on 19/5/2011 at 04:23

send me an email to parth82390 AT gmail.com and we can touch base

#5 parth82390 has been a member since 9/5/2011. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.