Companions forum

Vietnam - Motorbike adventure. Around 1st July.

• SteveRST

Click here to learn more about SteveRST
    Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi all,

I am currently in Vietnam, but would like to buy a motorbike and travel down from Hanoi to Saigon, exploring everywhere in between. I'll be in Hanoi around 1st July, and I'd have about 3-4 weeks to do it.

You can buy a bike in Vietnam for around $250-300, then sell it on again. So not too expensive.

I am a 32 yr old English backpacker and a pretty chilled laid-back guy. Look/act younger though. Love adventures and exploring so I'm just looking for someone else to share this experience with.

Let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing too! :)

Cheers,
    Steve

#1 Posted: 20/6/2011 - 23:56

• Advertisement

• vanbors

Joined Travelfish
    3rd June, 2011

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm doing the opposite trip during the same time - Saigon to Hanoi. Shame you're starting from the North! Maybe we'll intersect at some point - what's your itinerary like?

Take it easy,

Mike

#2 Posted: 28/6/2011 - 14:16

• SteveRST

Click here to learn more about SteveRST
    Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2011
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Mike,

I'm leaving a bit later now, around 5th July from Hanoi . Yeah, hopefully we can meet in the middle - that'd be cool.

My itinerary... well I've alreay bused it up the coast from Saigon to Hanoi so on the way back down on the bike I'm looking to stick to the more inland roads, visit Sapa, HCMT. Nothing set in stone yet!

Ride safe!

Steve

#3 Posted: 1/7/2011 - 15:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Motorbike Adventure Vietnam Mid dec- jan 2011 ... By shing on 25 Aug 2011 0 1198 25 Aug 2011