Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Vietnam - Motorbike adventure. Around 1st July.

Posted by SteveRST on 20/6/2011 at 23:56

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi all,

I am currently in Vietnam, but would like to buy a motorbike and travel down from Hanoi to Saigon, exploring everywhere in between. I'll be in Hanoi around 1st July, and I'd have about 3-4 weeks to do it.

You can buy a bike in Vietnam for around $250-300, then sell it on again. So not too expensive.

I am a 32 yr old English backpacker and a pretty chilled laid-back guy. Look/act younger though. Love adventures and exploring so I'm just looking for someone else to share this experience with.

Let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in doing too! :)

Cheers,
Steve

#1 SteveRST has been a member since 8/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 6

Posted by vanbors on 28/6/2011 at 14:16

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm doing the opposite trip during the same time - Saigon to Hanoi. Shame you're starting from the North! Maybe we'll intersect at some point - what's your itinerary like?

Take it easy,

Mike

#2 vanbors has been a member since 3/6/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by SteveRST on 1/7/2011 at 15:33

Hey Mike,

I'm leaving a bit later now, around 5th July from Hanoi . Yeah, hopefully we can meet in the middle - that'd be cool.

My itinerary... well I've alreay bused it up the coast from Saigon to Hanoi so on the way back down on the bike I'm looking to stick to the more inland roads, visit Sapa, HCMT. Nothing set in stone yet!

Ride safe!

Steve

#3 SteveRST has been a member since 8/5/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.