Companions forum

On my way to Bali....

• val2030

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2011

Traveling to Bali for the first time. I'm 31, and will be there for 3 weeks(Sept. 15 - Oct. 5th). Looking for some ideas on where to stay on a budget.

#1 Posted: 30/7/2011 - 23:16

• Advertisement

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada

I got home from Bali in April and had a great time. I stayed for about 10 weeks but for the most part I was in and around Ubud. I spent 6 or so weeks at a homestay just off of jalan hanoman (the next street over) called Dewi Antara. Clean rooms (you'll want the one that sits higher than the rest!) and run by a great family that will be more than happy to help you arrange anything you night need. The longer you stay the cheaper it is but expect to pay about 90 000-120 000 for a night - depending on the type of room you choose (losmen or "bungalow") You get a decent breakfast, hot water, fan, private shower and western toilet.
    I was also diving in Pemuteran for a couple of weeks. Budget digs up there are tough to find but they exist. But you won't be staying near the beach.
    I think that you might find that with a bit of looking you'll find a place a similar homestay in most places in Bali. Have a great time.

#2 Posted: 1/8/2011 - 09:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.