Companions forum

California to South America- flexible

• luvisallyou-
    need

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2011

Hi! I am planning to hitchhike and Couch Surf my way to South America in the coming months. My plans are definitely more so for the adventurous type. I am calling this my "journey of fate" as I plan to not make any strictly defined plans other than exploring northern South America on a really tight budget.

The two main options that I am considering are:
    1. Starting in my home state of California and hitchhiking as far as I can go through Mexico and all the way to South America.
    2. Taking an affordable flight further south, perhaps to Costa Rica, and heading south from there.

I am very flexible and open to other ideas as long as it is on a budget! I graduated from my university last year and I am looking for an adventure before I officially enter the adult world. It would be great to have company along the way! Please let me know if you are interested or have and questions.

#1 Posted: 9/10/2011 - 20:55

• Advertisement

• skokayi

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2011

Hi that sounds awesome. When are you planning this?

#2 Posted: 1/11/2011 - 01:36

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

This is a pretty odd post considering this is a SEA forum :)

#3 Posted: 1/11/2011 - 04:25

• luvisallyou-
    need

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2011

Yes, and I noticed that people on occasion post things about unrelated areas and often find interested parties. And it worked, so I guess it's not that odd after all!

I am planning on leaving in November. I actually received a few private messages and have found an amazing travel companion but we are open to someone joining us along the way :)

#4 Posted: 1/11/2011 - 04:53

• peachhead

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2011
    Location Australia

I am currently in SE Asia however plan on flying to LA and then working my way down through Central and South America early in 2012. Let me know if you want to discuss/share ideas. Thanks.

#5 Posted: 2/11/2011 - 16:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelfish equivelant for South America? ... By tuna on 12 Dec 2011 1 1848 13 Dec 2011
South America travel fish ... By mattaysmith on 27 Nov 2008 2 4847 1 Jan 2009
Travel Fish counterpart for South America? ... By mellimoon on 9 Mar 2010 3 4209 2 Jun 2010