Companions forum

THAILAND BKK & Phuket NOV - looking for travel companion

• ChrissyDee

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Hi there,

Im travelling to Bangkok and Phuket next month, its my first trip and am going solo so a bit nervous.. would love to meet someone (female pref) who will be there around the same time or even part of the time.

My dates are Bangkok 5-10 Nov and Phuket 11-23 Nov

Im not a big party animal, going for shopping, relaxation and adventure tours... if anyone is interested in meeting up with me please reply asap.

Cheers, Chrissie :)

#1 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 16:55

• Advertisement

• maddyb1978

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2011

Hi Chrissie....I will be in Bkk around the same time.
    Nope i am a guy but let me know if you wish to meet up :)

maddy

#2 Posted: 19/10/2011 - 19:46

• Mallen

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

Hey Chrissie / maddyb1978

First, im a male to Chrissee, but like Maddyb1978 im a nice guy:-)

My name is Michael, and im a 27 year old guy from Denmark (half irish/half danish) and Im going to Thailand from the 4.th of nov and until the 30.th of nov - Im flying in and out of BKK. (landing on the 5.th early morning). These dates are fixed due to work and exams back in DK in the beginning of dec.

I would love to meet up i BKK and maybe Phuket (dont know if i going north before going to phuket - but i think, that there is going to be a period where we both are in phuket aswell

@Maddyb whats you plans??

My ideas so far is to go north (Chang mai, and then go south to the beaches to get my diving sertificat) - And of corse experience Bangkok´s crazy city life and to do some shopping /visit a tailor etc. - But im open for plans - just want to have a nice time during my stay and get the most out of my aproxx. 26 days.

- All depending on the flooding!

More about me; Im easy going, social and easy to be around. I like sports, travels etc.

Hope to her from you both / one of you:-)

All the best,

Michael

#3 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 15:59

• ChrissyDee

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Hi Maddy and Michael.

Thanks for your replies, ok so I did prefer females, only for safety reasons of course, meeting up with random guys in foreign countries could be dangerous, but you guys seem nice and legit.

I will be in Bangkok 5th-10th - then off to Phuket 10th-20th - then back to Bangkok 20-23rd. Michael I also fly into BKK very early on the 5th (at 5.45am !) I wont be able to check into my hotel til midday I dont imagine so would be great to meet up for a coffee at the airport and go from there ? I havent booked my hotels yet, but plan to do so this week, am looking at staying near Khao san road because it seems a little cheaper, also I havent booked anything for Phuket yet. My plan is to shop, sightsee temples and tourist attractions in BKK, visit tigers, snorkel at Phi Phi island and of course relax !! It would be fun to go out to a club at least once in BKK just for the experience hahaha but I would not go alone, so it would be great to have a companion.

If either of you would like to contact me you can find me on facebook (chrissie dawson) or if you dont have fb let me know and I will give you my email address ok.

Oh also I found another great travel friend site called travbuddy, altho you have to pay $10 to contact people.

Cheers :) Chrissie

#4 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 16:44

• maddyb1978

Joined Travelfish
    10th October, 2011

Hi Crissie/Michael,

I arrive in bkk on the 26th of Novemebr and will be there for about 3 days (hopefully)
    post that for the rest of the days that i am there is no concrete plan....If i get a travel buddy then i guess I am ok to go with it.

I plan to be be in Thailand for about 8 days post that I head to Singapore on official work.

Do let me know what you guys are planning and if possible to meet up
    My mail ID is maddyb1978@gmail.com

Cheers!!!

#5 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 18:15

• Mallen

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

Hey Chrissie...

Hmm, there is a lot of chrissie dawson´s on FB. So not quite sure which one is you.

I don´t know how to write PM´s on this page (????) But if you do, please send me your e-mail-adress. If you write it here - I afraid it will be visible to everyone on travelfish (and I dont think you want that - i dont)

Hmm, otherwise, describe your picture on FB or let me know where you are from and I will try to find you.. Would really much like to know more about you before meeting you; I mean who you are, age, your idea about travelling etc??

My facebook is Michael Allen, copenhagen network (my picture is of a big tree). See if you can find me.

Otherwhise i would create a junk-e-mail-adress and give it to you

I havent booked any hotels/hostels in BKK. Im also thinking about staying at Kho san road, but Actually im just thinking about finding a place on arrival - ??? But let me know if you know about any good - and cheap - places.

Michael

#6 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 18:16

• Mallen

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

wow - that message looks weird. Sorry about that!!

#7 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 18:17

• ChrissyDee

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Hi guys, Maddy i will be leaving BKK on the 23rd so may miss you ?? .. Michael my facebook pic I have long brunette hair and tortishelle glasses and a tight grey sweater, age 40 but look 30 haha so dont look for an old person, that may help, oh and I live in Melbourne Australia. Not too keen on posting my email on here but will try and private message ?

#8 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 19:13

• lebrider

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2011

Hello Chrissie and the guys,

Ill be in Patong 16 Nov till 14 Dec. check out my post for an idea of what i plan to be doing during my stay and drop me an email if you wanna meet up.

Hassan

#9 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 22:36

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

Adventure Travel Partners: https://www.facebook.com/groups/8624910873/

Couchsurfing is also a good place to look for TC's - [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Travbuddy becomes free once you start getting awards...

#10 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 23:32

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

Hassan, any man going to Patong has all he needs: http://www.knowphuket.com/naughtynightlife.htm - lol

#11 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 23:37

• lebrider

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2011

Thanks for the info Altmtl but im not really looking for the naughty nightlife. If you happen to know any non-naughty places to hang out, have a beer, and meet interesting people do let me know.

#12 Posted: 23/10/2011 - 23:53

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

LOL, maybe you should of picked another place than Patong, if you were were looking for not naughty [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#13 Posted: 24/10/2011 - 00:02

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

#14 Posted: 25/10/2011 - 00:58

• mynameisJay

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2011

For anyone wondering about private messages. You've got to enable them first from account settings. Then people can send you private messages. cheers.

#15 Posted: 26/10/2011 - 10:58

• altmtl

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth

mynameisJay - yours is not enabled - :)

#16 Posted: 26/10/2011 - 11:18

• mynameisJay

Joined Travelfish
    25th October, 2011

Thanks! It looks like you have to both enable messaging and make your profile 'public'. Whatever that means. cheers.

#17 Posted: 26/10/2011 - 11:38

• nazi

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2012

Hi, I am an Indian Male working in UAE. I am looking for a travel partner (Prefer from EUROPE ) for my THAILAND trip in septemper...If any one interest to join with me please let me know. I will get free luxury accommodations and private tours on free of charge basis ...Bcos I AM WORKING IN TOURISM FIELD...You can contact me nazyie at hotmail dot com

Regards

#18 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 01:16

• Fawwaad

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2013
    Location Pakistan

Hey Everyone,
    I am Fawwad Afridi, new to Travelfish, but must say an excellent forum to interact and enjoy :)

I am 34, traveling to Phuket to enjoy my last Bachelor Trip as getting married in August.
    I would love to have some company, and am sure people around me would certainly don't mind having me around..

#19 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 03:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel companion from Phuket ... By quazzer on 7 Jul 2011 0 2169 7 Jul 2011
anyone going to thailand in july to mid aug- need travel companion!!! ... By anand26 on 1 Jun 2009 3 3501 9 Jun 2013
travel companion to Thailand,Vietnam,Cambodia,Lao end of october ... By 83veritas on 6 Oct 2010 8 3950 3 Aug 2012
Travel companion on august 2012...cambodia-thailand ... By charina on 12 Jun 2012 6 1624 26 Jul 2012
SEARCHING A TRAVEL COMPANION FOR CAMBODIA AND THAILAND FOR JULY ... By bamigoreng257 on 15 Jun 2011 5 3878 2 Aug 2012