Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Thailand April 2012

Posted by ShellyC on 17/10/2011 at 00:47

Hi I'm Shelly, 30 from Surrey and I am hoping to find someone to share some of my travels with next year in Thailand, particularly the North as that's the bit I am most nervous about doing on my own.

I went to Thailand a few months ago for a holiday and loved it so much I want to go back.

I have no set date yet but hoping to go April time.

#1 ShellyC has been a member since 17/10/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by altmtl on 17/10/2011 at 03:05

There's a FB group for SE ASIA 2012 for Travel Companions... if you're interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225323967528443/

But TF is the best place for helping you to plan your trip :)

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Beecher on 22/10/2011 at 15:51

Hi Shelly,

I've toured Northern Thailand on my own for two months a couple of years ago.
It's quite friendly, and I actually came to prefer the north over the island regions of the south. The locals seem to be a lot more genuine, rather than keen to obtain Farangs money.
I actually met a local coffee stand owner and he invited me into his house for dinner, and to meet his wife and kids. He even offered for me to stay over. Very friendly people.
However, in saying that - I'm meeting about 20 friends in April on Koh Samui/ Koh Phangan for a full moon party then Songkran Festival if you get stuck for company (not that you will).

good luck

Beech

#3 Beecher has been a member since 20/10/2011. Location: Australia. Posts: 2

Posted by ShellyC on 22/10/2011 at 18:26

Thank you altmtl for the facebook link - I have joined - it looks really good.

And thank you Beech for the info and invite. I will defo be doing the full-moon party in my first month there so would be great to meet if I'm on my own. Though remembering back to my last full-moon, finding anyone on that beach was a mission haha..

Thank you :)

#4 ShellyC has been a member since 17/10/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by dipsonosin80 on 22/11/2011 at 16:45

Hello Shelly,
I am planning a similar trip too about the same time.I am new to adventure tour and intend to go solo than using a tout operator.I intend have no laid down itinerary and I am willing to tour with anyone.Also I am pretty much layback .
Thanx
Dapo

#5 dipsonosin80 has been a member since 18/11/2011. Posts: 7

Posted by altmtl on 22/11/2011 at 19:20

There's also a FB "Event" for people wanting to meet up between Jan. & April in Thailand, Laos & Cambodia:

https://www.facebook.com/events/176042639153469/

which is where I'll be -:)

#6 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by Shoes4 on 26/3/2012 at 16:22

Hi Shelley
I'm in Surrey too and hope to fly out mid April to Thailand for 3-4 weeks, then Cambodia a week before back to Thailand and then finally India before returing to leafy Surrey.

I'm in Bagshot (so the Hampshire/Berkshire borders side of Surrey) if you're up to meet up before you go.

Nimisha

#7 Shoes4 has been a member since 27/2/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 12

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.