Companions forum

Thailand April 2012

• ShellyC

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2011

Hi I'm Shelly, 30 from Surrey and I am hoping to find someone to share some of my travels with next year in Thailand, particularly the North as that's the bit I am most nervous about doing on my own.

I went to Thailand a few months ago for a holiday and loved it so much I want to go back.

I have no set date yet but hoping to go April time.

#1 Posted: 17/10/2011 - 00:47

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

There's a FB group for SE ASIA 2012 for Travel Companions... if you're interested

https://www.facebook.com/groups/225323967528443/

But TF is the best place for helping you to plan your trip :)

#2 Posted: 17/10/2011 - 03:05

• Beecher

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2011
    Location Australia

Hi Shelly,

I've toured Northern Thailand on my own for two months a couple of years ago.
    It's quite friendly, and I actually came to prefer the north over the island regions of the south. The locals seem to be a lot more genuine, rather than keen to obtain Farangs money.
    I actually met a local coffee stand owner and he invited me into his house for dinner, and to meet his wife and kids. He even offered for me to stay over. Very friendly people.
    However, in saying that - I'm meeting about 20 friends in April on Koh Samui/ Koh Phangan for a full moon party then Songkran Festival if you get stuck for company (not that you will).

good luck

Beech

#3 Posted: 22/10/2011 - 15:51

• ShellyC

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2011

Thank you altmtl for the facebook link - I have joined - it looks really good.

And thank you Beech for the info and invite. I will defo be doing the full-moon party in my first month there so would be great to meet if I'm on my own. Though remembering back to my last full-moon, finding anyone on that beach was a mission haha..

Thank you :)

#4 Posted: 22/10/2011 - 18:26

• dipsonosin80

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2011

Hello Shelly,
    I am planning a similar trip too about the same time.I am new to adventure tour and intend to go solo than using a tout operator.I intend have no laid down itinerary and I am willing to tour with anyone.Also I am pretty much layback .
    Thanx
    Dapo

#5 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 16:45

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

There's also a FB "Event" for people wanting to meet up between Jan. & April in Thailand, Laos & Cambodia:

https://www.facebook.com/events/176042639153469/

which is where I'll be -:)

#6 Posted: 22/11/2011 - 19:20

• Shoes4

Click here to learn more about Shoes4
    Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hi Shelley
    I'm in Surrey too and hope to fly out mid April to Thailand for 3-4 weeks, then Cambodia a week before back to Thailand and then finally India before returing to leafy Surrey.

I'm in Bagshot (so the Hampshire/Berkshire borders side of Surrey) if you're up to meet up before you go.

Nimisha

#7 Posted: 26/3/2012 - 16:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
28/F going to Vietnam/Cambodia/Thailand - Mar 23 to April 13, 2012 ... By valerinaaa on 29 Dec 2011 11 2030 28 Jan 2012
23/F travelling Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam Jan-April 2012 ... By melaniedelia on 3 Aug 2011 23 5768 13 Dec 2011