Companions forum

Travel tour agent or Alone

• dipsonosin80

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2011

I am 31yearsold Nigeria male living in the Uk.I have been eager to tour SE Asia but don't know the best possible option.I am thinking of using a tour agent so as to reduce some issues I might come across;like visa and laguage barrier in Asia .Also I want to make a travel Documentry but I thought this might be hard if I go with tour agent.I am looking forward to take the trip around August/Sept.
    I am also open to any buddie who wants to travel around tht period probably I might tag along.
    Thanks
    Dapo Osinaike

#1 Posted: 18/11/2011 - 04:34

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 23

During August and September it'll be chucking it down most of the time although it'll be extremely GREEN.
    If you were to go in (UK) mid winter/early spring the weather is more favourable i.e. less rain.
    No need to worry too much about the language unless you're really gonna go off the beaten track and as for traveling alone; trust me, your never, ever alone on a solo trip and it's suprisingly easy to do.

#2 Posted: 18/11/2011 - 06:26

• dipsonosin80

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2011

Thanks Stevie,I might pick march/april ,but still don't knw if I should settle for a tour operator ?
    Thanks
    Dapo

#3 Posted: 18/11/2011 - 07:21

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 23

How long are you thinking of going for and where? What sort of budget will you be on?

#4 Posted: 18/11/2011 - 07:40

• dipsonosin80

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2011

I am looking at 4 weeks max .Thailand ,Veitnam and Cambodia.my budget is around £2500.

#5 Posted: 18/11/2011 - 07:45

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Places visited:
    At least 23

Well, that's plenty if you sort it out yourself.

You could get an Open Jaw flight, arriving in Bangkok and travelling through Thailand over to Cambodia then on through to Vietnam and fly home from Saigon for around £650 leaving you with £450 a week budget which, trust me, is plenty. You could even throw in a couple of flights while you're there.
    I usually do 4 to 5 weeks, doing the 'Sights' for the first few weeks then spending 5 to 6 days at the end lounging on the beach, chilling out, before the journey home.

Like I said it would be cheaper & extremely easy to do this independently.

Just do a few searches around this site for each country and take it from there.

#6 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 09:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.