Companions forum

Fun and easy travellin! Arrive Bangkok 1/5/2012 for 5 weeks of unknown travels! Want to connect

• Jrlashbrook

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2011

Hi! I am planning a 5 week trip from Thailand to Vietanam for a week and Cambodia for a few days. Would love to connect at any point. I do not know my route yet and don't plan on booking too much ahead. Let me know if you will be around the same time.

Jamie

#1 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 00:29

• Advertisement

• 604KEN

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2011

Hey i will be landing in BKK on Jan.20. want to travel thailand first then I am planing on doing the same thing through Cambodia to VN. pretty casual travel plans so far. nothing set in stone. 23 M Can. let me know if your there!

-Ken

#2 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 18:32

• dipsonosin80

Joined Travelfish
    18th November, 2011

@Jamie,I am looking forward to planning same tour too ,but still got no idea how to go about this.I don't want to spend so much using a tour operator.I hope to to get a companion on here .So if u got any clue pls do share.
    Thnx

#3 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 20:46

• Jrlashbrook

Joined Travelfish
    17th October, 2011

Hey all! I would love to piece this together myself with limited help from tour guides.
    I plan on landing Jan 6th then heading into Krabi for some island and beach time. I may stay a couple nights in Khoa Sok national forest. Then heading up to Chiang Mai. I plan to be in Thailand for a little over 3 weeks. Then Vietnam for 7 days and Angkor Wat for 2 days. I think that is a good plan for me!

Let me know your thoughts and if you have any suggestions of hidden gems to visit.

#4 Posted: 19/11/2011 - 21:23

• WandrerW

Joined Travelfish
    22nd November, 2011

Hi Jamie.

Will land in Bangkok around Jan 7 - just postponed my trip from Dec. Will stay there a couple of weeks (with a trip to Chiang Mai between about the 10th and 14th). Let me know if we are in the same place the same time and maybe we could meet for a chat and a beer.

#5 Posted: 23/11/2011 - 16:51

• mishka1988

Joined Travelfish
    21st December, 2011

I will be headed to Bangkok on Jan. 6 landing in the evening. Your itinerary sounds just like mine though. No plans quite yet, but I do plan on seeing more of Thailand -- from beaches, NPs, Chiang Mai... Hoping to head into Cambodia for Angor Wat, Laos for Luang Prabang, Vietnam (Hanoi) and then headed into China to check out Yunnan Province.

If you'd like a travel companion, let me know. Interests include hiking, kayaking, beaches.. 23/F.

Best,
    M

#6 Posted: 21/12/2011 - 11:49

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

There are plenty of ways to connect... one is enable the private message option on your profile, the other is to click below & join the SEA Event page on FB - :)

#7 Posted: 21/12/2011 - 13:02

• steamrobs

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2012

If you've ever seen budget hotels in Orlando, you can achieve, it can be a fun experience. Although usually not fun to find the hotel, just think what could make it near the hotel more exciting .

#8 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 18:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
29yo travelling solo for 3 weeks. Arrive in Bangkok May 21 ... By Berticus on 17 May 2011 2 1784 24 May 2011