Companions forum

27/F Aussie starting travels in March. Keen to see all of SE Asia. Looking for female travel buddy.

• lisab2012

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012

Hi there,
    I'm a 27 year old female Aussie. 1st time travelling through SE Asia. I'm arriving in march 2012 and will prob travel for 3-6 months. Not sure of my itinerary yet but looking for a travel buddy cause it's a bit daunting doing it on my own. Looking to have some fun and see some amazing places. Message me if u'r keen. Lisa :0)

#1 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 06:22

• Advertisement

• umichgirl11

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2012

Hey, I'm a 25 year old female American and will be going to Southeast Asia in March for my first time traveling in that region. I'm also looking for a travel buddy for at least some of the trip. I'm flying into Hanoi during March and then flying out in late June from Bangkok, and am open to anything in between. Let me know if you're interested in being a travel buddy :)

#2 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 09:41

• lisab2012

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012

Hi Umichgirl,
    Definately keen to have a chat about your travelling plans. I will be booking my flight later this week probably so not sure where i'm flying into yet. I'm pretty open to do anything too....just want to see and experience as much as possible. I'm not on a heaps tight budget but will prob aim to do it all fairly cheaply (backpackers or guest house accomodation) so I'm not totally broke when I get back. Feel free to email me at lisabartel1984@hotmail.com or look me up on face book. Cheers, Lisa :0)

#3 Posted: 22/1/2012 - 23:17

• Jess44

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

Hello to both of you ladies!
    I'm a 26 year old female living in San Francisco currently but I'm planning on flying into Bangkok sometime on mid-March (I'll hopefully be booking tickets next week!) and I would love to meet up! I don't have much of an itinerary yet, though I'm looking to create a rough one that I can change up as I meet people along my way. This will be my first time in SE Asia and first time solo, so quite excited and of course nervous! Let me know if you'd like to meet up!
    Thanks, Jess

#4 Posted: 24/1/2012 - 17:08

• lomi09

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2012

Hello ladies,
    I am 28/F from States travelling to SE Asia starting March..I am volunteering near Chiang Mai starting March 12th for one week and then want to head off to see Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and back to Thailand via bus/boat/road...other than my volunteering dates I havnt yet fixed anything yet, still planing :-/....
    Company would be great :D...I'll be out and about between March - May in those four countries,
    Would love to meet up somewhere maybe that will also help me plan out my itinerary as I am so undecided...xxx

#5 Posted: 25/1/2012 - 12:47

• steamrobs

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2012

Land under, or Australia, is home to many interesting places and animals. This is also the largest destination for many businessmen. So, whether you are holiday or business visit to Australia for the planning, you will need to obtain a tourist visa in Australia .

#6 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 17:40

• Aventurera

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2012

Hello!

I am 26yrs old female and I currently live in the US. I will be arriving in Thailand on the evening of March 6th. I am flying to Malaysia for a friends wedding on the 9th and will then fly to Cambodia on the 13th. On March 16th I want to head to some island in Thailand. I would love to meet up with any of you in either Thailand, Cambodia or an island. As you can see, I am pretty restricted on my dates. This is my first time in this region, but I have traveled alone to many other parts of the world on my own. Please let me know if you will be around! Would love to have a female travel buddy around my age.
    -E

#7 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 18:16

• mari72

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2012

Hi All!

I'm also a 27 year old female hoping to travel to those parts in the spring. not as close to buying tickets as you all are (still have to find a way to break it to the boss that i'm quitting...oy!) but hope to get there soon. any updates on itineraries and where you plan on going?

#8 Posted: 1/2/2012 - 22:13

• traveler13

Joined Travelfish
    1st February, 2012

Hello everyone!

I'm 24/F from US. Currently living in China (Beijing) I've been here since September, came on vacation and somehow fell in love with the culture, nightlife and practically have a second family and tons of awesome friends here now. I've taken trips to Mongolia, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Macau, Tokyo and just got back from India yesterday. My lease in ending mid March, I'm trying to plan a 2 week backpacking trip to some nice islands before heading back to the states. I'll be available starting March 17th, maybe sooner but I have no definite plans or flights booked. Boracay is a must for me, other than that I'm open :) Let me know if anyone else is available around that time and would like to get together and enjoy SE Asia! My email is chrissyevelyn@hotmail.com

Thanks! xoxo

#9 Posted: 2/2/2012 - 01:04

• lisab2012

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012

Hey girls,
    Anyone got any further with their itinerary planning? I just don't know where to start! I want to see Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam and maybe Burma if there is time. I have about 11 weeks. Keep me updated and maybe we can chat via hotmail (if we aren't already) as I think its easier than on here.
    Speak soon hopefully x
    Mari - hurry up and quit u'r job....u will feel much better once u have :)

#10 Posted: 4/2/2012 - 06:43

• Advertisement

• Jess44

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

Hey Ladies,
    Alright, I booked my ticket today (woohoo!) and I'm flying into Bangkok on March 12th. And that's about as solid a plan I have for right now :). I'm thinking of heading south to check out some Thai islands then back up towards Chiang Mai, then over to Laos and down to Cambodia. Then down to Indonesia. This is very rough and tentative and I'm expecting the people I meet in my travels to dictate some of this. I would love to meet up with any of you (especially early on as I find my footing). Lisa I will shoot you an e-mail and yes Mari, quit your job although I know it's going to be hard for me to break the news to my employers too, when the time comes...

#11 Posted: 4/2/2012 - 19:03

• tiffany_ste-
    vens

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

Hi girls!!

I am also travelling around south east asia from March for about 3 - 5 months depending on how I go. I am travelling by myself and the thought of it does seem quite challenging and scary as I have never travelled alone before. I have a flight booked into singapore on 11 March. I am also keen to meet up and do some travelling.
    Im a 27 year old female from New Zealand just leaving the UK (working visa has expired) and travelling south east asia on the way home. Im keen to do everything!

If you guys have a chat thing going, it would be fab if you could add me! My email address is tiffany_stevens@hotmail.com or add me to facebook.

Looking forwards to hearing from you all!

Tiffany

#12 Posted: 5/2/2012 - 07:21

• tiffany_ste-
    vens

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2011

If you guys are keen to maybe start a message thread with everyone via facebook that would be fab!
    Feel free to add me - Tiffany Stevens (you should be able to find me from Nelson New Zealand and currently living in London.)
    I have facebook message threads with my friends and find this a great way to keep up to date and in contact with each other.
    Just an idea, but would be keen to be in contact with you all!
    Tiff

#13 Posted: 5/2/2012 - 07:28

• Ballytich

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2012

Hi everybody, im starting my trip in April, be on it for a couple month, 3 or 4, since everyone is starting in March, ill let u guys do ur plannin - bt if u have a rough idea of where u'll be end of April, be awesome, maybe ill see you guys on the road !

#14 Posted: 5/2/2012 - 21:33

• lomi09

Joined Travelfish
    19th January, 2012

Hey Jess,
    your itineray sounds exactly like mine and what I want to do...Sooo I my first stop is Chiang Mai where I am volunteering for a week at elephantnaturepark.com starting March 12th until March 18th :D...if you're interested in animals, this park has real cheap prices for volunteers and they provide accommodation along with meals plus u get to play with elephants. I will be flying in to Chaing Mai 11th night.
    Ok, so here is the following plan after that so far, I found out that from Chaing Mai you can take a direct bus to Chaing Khong which is on the Thai side of Thai-laos border..my research says its a beautiful town stretched alongside the river bank with lots of waterfall rapids, basically better option to stay over couple days and enjoy it before crossing the river and over to Laos..then theres Tha Khaek and Don Khong in Laos that looked like good spots for staying over couple nights...My plans is to take the bus/train routes to enjoy these countries Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia....I keep research on how to book places or if needed to book in advance but it all seems like I will have to just get tickets and stuff along the way as I go :-/...if u have any suggestions pleeease share =)...
    Letttsss do it together it'll be funnn!!!!! keep me posted ladies whoever wants to join...I am already in India at the moment will be travelling a bit here, so wont have daily internet access but will try n check as much as possible whenever.
    Here is my email, i think its better way to keep in touch eloma.dosawat@gmail.com

#15 Posted: 6/2/2012 - 03:03

• Marlo

Joined Travelfish
    6th February, 2012

Hi everybody!

I'm a 24 year old female from the Netherlands, and I will also be travelling through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia from march on. I will be arriving in Bangkok on March 6th. And I´m so glad I found this topic! This will be me my first to go alone on such a trip and the first time in SE Asia as well, so I´m very excited about it! I would defenitely like to meet up with some people! Is anyone in Bangkok as well on March 6th? Did you already book a hostel or something? Hope to hear from you.

#16 Posted: 6/2/2012 - 14:52

• Aventurera

Joined Travelfish
    27th January, 2012

Hi Mario,

I will be landing in Bangkok the same day. Can you send me a message? I would love to meet up.

#17 Posted: 6/2/2012 - 17:47

• Marlo

Joined Travelfish
    6th February, 2012

Hi Aventurera!

I don't know how to send you a message, but it would be very nice to meet up! Maybe you can send me an email on: marloesw.87@gmail.com

Other people who are travelling through thailand, laos, vietnam, cambodia, malaysia and singapore from march-june can also send me an e-mail if you'd like to meet up! :)

Would be so nice!

#18 Posted: 8/2/2012 - 09:32

• debkfein

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2012

Hi ladies! I'm 24/f/USA also looking to travel from mid March - mid April. I've never traveled through South East Asia nor done the whole backpacking scene, but I am well traveled and looking for a new adventure. I've been looking at some group tour options, but backpacking if far more affordable and offers so much more freedom, so it is definitely something I am strongly considering. If anyone is looking for a travel buddy, I'd be really interested in chatting to see if our interests align. I'd love to do Thailand and Vietnam and hope to fit in Singapore and Malaysia, but really I'm open to anywhere in the region. Feel free to drop me a line at debraf@facebook.com and we can see if our travel goals align :) *Deb*

#19 Posted: 8/2/2012 - 19:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
19 year old female looking for a travel buddy all over SE asia in april! ... By scl on 10 Feb 2010 7 3770 28 Oct 2010
Travel companions starting March 25 - April 9 ... By wheretonext on 7 Mar 2013 0 583 7 Mar 2013
Travelling solo starting sept 25 would love a travel buddy! ... By jcarter1989 on 19 Aug 2013 6 1402 10 Sep 2013
21yo Aussie girl travelling alone SE Asia Nov 2010 - Feb 2011. Travel buddies?? :) ... By redcordial on 2 Apr 2010 36 7715 15 Jan 2011
19 y.o female looking for travel buddy to Hong Kong! ... By iasked on 12 Nov 2010 1 1621 12 Dec 2010
Female travel Buddy needed -- November 12 to 19 ... By PKRvirus on 19 Jul 2013 0 964 19 Jul 2013
solo female traveler- itinerary help and possible travel buddy ... By cmb2 on 27 Jun 2013 2 1308 13 Jul 2013
Female Travel buddy - Thailand Trip - November 12 to 19 ... By PKRvirus on 18 Jul 2013 0 535 18 Jul 2013
24, F looking for female travel buddy Bangkok - Siem Reap crossing in the next week! ... By debaserr on 5 Apr 2011 0 2032 5 Apr 2011
32 female from London is looking for travel buddies from 19 March - 6 w Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia ... By borges on 9 Jan 2011 6 2737 17 Jan 2011