Companions forum

26/F traveling to SE Asia in March. Living in Bay Area, CA if you want to meet up beforehand too!

• Jess44

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

I'm a 26 year old female living in San Francisco currently but I'm planning on flying into Thailand sometime in mid-March (I'll hopefully be booking tickets next week!) and I would love to meet up! I'm hoping to be there for 3-4 months. I want to spend some time in Thailand first then over to Cambodia or Laos, then maybe Vietnam and then down to Indonesia. This will be my first time in SE Asia and first time solo, so quite excited and of course nervous! Let me know if you'd like to meet up there, or if you're anywhere near the Bay Area, I'd love to get together beforehand too!

#1 Posted: 24/1/2012 - 17:23

• Advertisement

• HugeCookie

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2012

Have you bought your ticket yet?

#2 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 05:16

• Jess44

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

Dear HugeCookie, ;)
    Yes, I bought my ticket and am flying into Bangkok on March 12th (ahhh! Can't believe I'm actually going!). What's your situation?

#3 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 12:23

• debkfein

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2012

Hi Jess :) I'm 24/f/Miami also looking to travel from mid March - midApril. I've never traveled through South East Asia nor done the wholebackpacking scene, but I am well traveled and looking for a newadventure. I've been looking at some group tour options, butbackpacking if far more affordable and offers so much more freedom, soit is definitely something I am strongly considering. If you are seriously looking for a travel buddy, I'd be really interested in chatting to seeif our interests align. I'd love to do Thailand and Vietnam and hope tofit in Singapore and Malaysia, but really I'm open to anywhere in theregion. Feel free to drop me a line at debraf@facebook.com and we cansee if our travel goals align smile.gif *Deb*

#4 Posted: 8/2/2012 - 19:10

• miri

Joined Travelfish
    13th February, 2012

Hey Jess! I'm also planning on touring SE Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, maybe Cambodia) for a couple of months and would love to talk to you to explore possibilities for meeting up and/or planning some excursions together. I'm a 30 year old female living in Oakland and am fairly well traveled. But, this is my first time traveling solo and am pretty flexible and open in terms of duration, itinerary and accommodation.

If you're interested, I'd enjoy meeting you in person to hear your thoughts and perhaps exchange some ideas to make this the best travel experience yet!

Miri

#5 Posted: 13/2/2012 - 02:35

• symeschr

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2012

@ Jess, debkfein & Miri... I'm a male from the UK who is planning to go round the world solo next year and to get a taste of the experience I'm looking to go on a short break of about 2/3 weeks to SE Asia around the 30th April.

I'm looking to meet fellow travelers on route as well so would be great to find out what your plans are as it would be great to meet up in country and enjoy a beverage or two

#6 Posted: 13/2/2012 - 05:20

• Jess44

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2012

Hello Everyone,
    Great to hear from you all. I have booked my ticket and am flying into Bangkok on the 12th of March (so excited!). Deb let me know if you would like meet up for part of Thailand. Miri, I'm definitely interested in meeting beforehand. I make it over to the East Bay quite often so let's plan something. Symeschr, I'm planning on being in Laos or Cambodia at that time (nothing is certain). Here's my e-mail:
    jessnlanham [at] gmail [dot] com
    if any of you wish to contact me via e-mail. Miri shoot me an e-mail and we can make a date!

#7 Posted: 13/2/2012 - 12:08

• sanghmitra

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2012

Hello,
    want luxury vacations in rajasthan come to
    http://www.sanghmitra.in

#8 Posted: 14/2/2012 - 07:03

• nbnguyen

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2012

Hello!

I'm 26/f from Minnesota and I will be in Vietnam May 2-18th. I originally was going to go with a friend but they backed out.

I'm looking for someone to travel with me, if one of you in the above is interested! I don't have anything set in stone yet but am interesting in going to at minimum Ho Chi Minh (flying in/out of here), Nha Trang, Ha Noi and Ha Long Bay.

I've traveled around SE Asia & China but never alone before and have not done any true backpacking. I'm Vietnamese, so the language barrier won't be too great for me. :) I'm up for anything but would be most interested in eating lots of food throughout the trip.

I would love to meet up with you or anyone else on here as I don't want to be alone for my whole trip!

#9 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 15:40

• Caitlinc0a0m

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2012

Hey I'm gonna be going to Thailand around mid April to mid may but probably will head off to some islands as soon as, as apparently it gets pretty hot in April.
    please feel free to contact me probs on fb- facebook[dot]com/caitlinc0a0m
    :)

#10 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 16:14

• Advertisement

• gobluegirl

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2012

Hey!
    I'm a 25 y/o woman from New York who will also be traveling in the area in the spring. I'd be up for meeting up with anyone in the area. I'll be in Vietnam on the 20th of March and then going around from there. If anyone is interested in meeting up email me at ymxtb0@gmail.com!

#11 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 16:30

• chris2102

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2012

Hi Jess

I am 33/m from England, UK. I am also travelling in SE Asia (solo) starting from 18th March for approx 3 months.

Will be in Thailand for most of April, so it would be great to meet other travellers from outside the UK.

Drop me a line on chrisallen2102@gmail.com or i have recently joined a facebook group for SE Asia 2012 which is http://www.facebook.com/groups/148917725201486/

Drop me a line if your fancy chatting further.

Cheers

Chris :-)

#12 Posted: 13/3/2012 - 08:43

• MLuna

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2012

Hey I'm a 23/F from the Wash DC area. I'll be traveling a bit later than you but perhaps we might cross paths. I'm beginning in Cambodia, end of May/early June and then onward to Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia. Maybe we'll cross paths in Cambodia? Let me know!

I'm also traveling solo and indulging in the backpacker scene...

#13 Posted: 14/3/2012 - 11:36

• HugeCookie

Joined Travelfish
    30th January, 2012

Sorry for my late response! Been busy like crazy arranging stuff to prepare myself.
    Anywaym I'm arriving on the 20th of March in Bangkok and I haven't made any concrete plans yet. It is just to overwelming for me to be honest. So I probably will just ask around while I'm there and see where the road takes me.

#14 Posted: 15/3/2012 - 06:30

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
22 yr old male traveling in SE Asia (Janaury-March) ... By ihoopjazz on 5 Nov 2010 0 1446 5 Nov 2010
20/f heading to SEA living near Essex (UK) if you want to meet up before hand ... By Caitlinc0a0m on 7 Mar 2012 5 747 11 Mar 2012
Traveling solo Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia March 2012 ... By baube on 20 Nov 2011 4 2160 10 Mar 2012
Cost of living (not traveling) in SEA ... By buecax on 28 Apr 2014 31 1685 6 May 2014
Traveling 4 countries from May 4th to July 22nd...wanna meet up?! ... By kennedy0826 on 19 Apr 2009 1 1691 16 May 2009
Traveling in Hanoi and surrounding area ... By Sunny5049 on 8 May 2006 1 2787 9 May 2006