Companions forum

22f heading solo to Bangkok February 29

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

Hi all!

I'm a 22 year old female from Vancouver, BC (Canada) who will be arriving in Bangkok on February 29. I will be travelling solo, likely bewildered, and looking for friendly people to meet up with. I'll likely stay in Bangkok for a week or so before moving on to elsewhere in Thailand.

I'll be travelling for ~6 months, likely hitting up Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Burma, and Sri Lanka in addition to Thailand so contact me if you're going to be in the area between March-August and interested in hanging out!

#1 Posted: 17/2/2012 - 20:12

• Advertisement

• aprime

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2012

Hi!
    I'm a 25 male from nyc who's traveling into bangkok tomorrow. I think my tentative plans are to stay in the city for a week or two and then travel elsewhere within Thailand. I'm leaning towards a week at the beach following being in the city for a bit. Following that I also plan on traveling to Vietnam then seeing where my travels take me. Perhaps our stay in Bangkok will overlap ?

-a'

#2 Posted: 19/2/2012 - 17:54

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

That would be great! Do you know where you're going to be staying whilst in Bangkok? I just booked a couple of nights at a hostel for February 29th to March 3rd. It would be cool if you were still in the city, as I also plan to head away from the main center fairly quickly...we could discuss beaches! :)

#3 Posted: 19/2/2012 - 19:03

• karlrufus

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

Hi guys, I'll probably be getting to Bangkok on the 29th as well and fly out on the 3rd, I'm a 27 year old guy from the UK. Let me know through here if you want to meet up as I'm also travelling alone

#4 Posted: 20/2/2012 - 02:29

• aprime

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2012

Hello again,
    One of my family members decided to put me up in a hotel for a few nights, so I decided not to pass that up, but that should be before you arrive! During that time period I'll take a look around the city and see if anything specific sticks out for places to stay for the next few days. Hopefully it'll give me a good chance to feel a few places out. Any beach/ island inpeticular that your looking for? I'm pretty open to ideas... ko samui looks fairly tempting however. Feel free to contact me at aprime987@gmail.com and we could chat a bit more!

-a'

#5 Posted: 20/2/2012 - 07:23

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

Hey karlrufus, I'd be happy to meet up with you! Where are you flying out to on the 3rd? I've booked a hostel in Bangkok from the 29th til the 3rd, so I will definitely be in the city until then.

I'll be getting in on the afternoon of the 29th if all goes well and hope to spend the day on the 1st checking out some of the sights, maybe some of the Wats?

#6 Posted: 20/2/2012 - 13:35

• karlrufus

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

I'm flying out to Bali to spend a couple of weeks there and on the Gili Islands before moving onto New Zealand. I will probably overnight bus/train it to Bangkok, not sure of where I'll stay yet, although I'll probably avoid Khao San road and stay a bit further out.

#7 Posted: 21/2/2012 - 00:04

• ellierose

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2012

Hello all,

I am a solo f traveller, getting into Bangkok next Friday 2nd March and would love to meet up/exchange tips... I have not planned my trip at all, but hoping to do some sea kayaking, cookery courses, beach camping etc. If anyone wants to meet then get in touch!

Enjoy your trips!

Ellie

#8 Posted: 23/2/2012 - 14:00

• mutton

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hi all, I'm also due in Bangkok 29th Feb and am solo until 3rd Mar. 25 m from Scotland, been in Bangkok couple of times before and travelled through Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia so more than happy to pass on some advice, tips and tricks.

Y'all want to meet up on khao san for a few beers on 29th? McDonald's for 7pm?

Cheers

Martin

#9 Posted: 24/2/2012 - 21:13

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

Hi Martin!

Sounds great, I'd love to chat with you and pick up some tips and tricks :)

I'll try to make it there for 7pm if I'm not too confused!

#10 Posted: 25/2/2012 - 15:21

• Advertisement

• karlrufus

Joined Travelfish
    9th January, 2012

I'm not getting to bangkok until the 2nd now, pai and chiang mai has eaten up all my time in thailand it seems. Everyone should go to pai, its literally the best place i've been to in asia so far. So yeah, i probably won't see you guys unless you're around in the daytime on the 2nd as I have to be up at 5-6am on the 3rd to fly to bali. Hope you all have an amazing time though!

#11 Posted: 27/2/2012 - 11:06

• irishlass24

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2012

hey guys i arrive 1st march in the day!! Im leaving tmrw from dublin Ireland! Im a 24 year old solo traveller first time travelling on my own! ahh scared but excited am staying on Kao san road for few nights in BKK then plan to head up north and then laos viet cambodia then back down to south islands have got 6 months to play with :) be great to catch p in bkk let me know :)

#12 Posted: 28/2/2012 - 11:10

• time2fly

Joined Travelfish
    18th January, 2012
    Location Canada

I will see you in April from Canada also!!!

#13 Posted: 28/2/2012 - 16:59

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

Hey irishlass24, I'm also going to be staying on Khao San for a couple of days and also plan to head north afterwards. I'm going to be arriving in Bangkok later today, perhaps we can arrange to meet up once you arrive? Let me know! :)
    karlrufus, thanks for checking in, Pai sounds fantastic and I will definitely put it on my list of places to check out now. I may or may not be around in the daytime on the 2nd, if I am maybe we can have a quick drink or meal together!

#14 Posted: 28/2/2012 - 20:47

• mutton

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hi ange I'll wait around at McDonald's from 7 til 7:20, got a white singha beer t shirt on.

Irishlass and anyone else - same time, same place tomorrow

Martin

#15 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 01:34

• ellierose

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2012

Hey guys,

If anyone is still about on Friday 2nd then let me know! Will be getting into Bangkok at 11am ish. Also, could anyone recommend a good hostel for my first few nights?

Planning on travelling up to Chiang Mai and Pai after.

Cheers x

#16 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 03:52

• mutton

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Ok my flights delayed so sorry, I'm a no show tonight. 7pm tomorrow and will aim to be at McD's @ 7pm for the next few days for a travelfish meet point

Cheers

Martin

#17 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 06:02

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

Martin, no worries, the same thing happened to me (flight was delayed) and I just got in a little while ago. What time are you getting in? I'm pretty much wide open, so can meet tomorrow at 7 but can also meet during the day if you're around!

ellierose, I'll still be around on the 2nd - I'm staying at NapPark Hostel on Khao San Road.

#18 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 06:30

• mutton

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hey I just got in now, got a few things to do tomorrow morning (mostly sleeping!) but can meet for lunch if you like. 12pm @ nap park? That's on tanee road if my memory is working

Martin

#19 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 07:27

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

You're remembering correctly! Catch up on your sleep and I'll see you tomorrow!

#20 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 08:35

• ellierose

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2012

Hey ange7a and Martin,

Sounds good, I would love to meet up at 7pm on the 2nd. I think I'll be staying at New Joe Guesthouse, just waiting to confirm the reservation.

Not sure what to do re phone when I'm there, was planning on just not using it but maybe that's not a good idea! If I don't hear from you before, I will be at McDs at 7pm on the 2nd (if flights go to plan) - very pasty english girl, long hair and glasses! See you soon x

#21 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 11:11

• tantan

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2011

Hi ange7a & ellierose,
    Just came back from Mae Hong Son and Pai ,the Pichai guesthouse in Pai would like to recommend to you guys,it's really clean and tidy only 500baht/day,located at the main road in Pai,just walking distance to any places in Pai.....have a nice trip.....Cheers........
    tt

#22 Posted: 29/2/2012 - 22:25

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

Hey ellierose,

Hope you got in safe! Just wanted to let you know that there are actually two McDonalds on Khao San road and we will be at the one by the Chakraphong end (the westernmost one) - this is not the one by the police station. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

tan tan, thanks for the tip! Will definitely check it out :)

#23 Posted: 1/3/2012 - 05:48

• irishlass24

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2012

Hey guy is anyone meeting up tnrw night?? I arrived tonight but feeling bit lost think il have an early night tonight and plan to do stud tmrw!! So anyone free to meet tmrw night??

#24 Posted: 1/3/2012 - 08:21

• mutton

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Irishlass, ellierose, sorry this has not gone perfectly to plan so far! I met up with Ange7a but after that all planned meetings haven't materialized. If anyone still wants to join up ill be at Rikka Inn reception from 11:45 until 12:15, or you can leave me a note there (Martin Pringle) or just make a post on here. Apologies again if anyone's been stood up after all this, what can I say. It's Thai Time over here.
    Cheers

Martin

#25 Posted: 2/3/2012 - 07:06

• ellierose

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2012

Hey Martin and co,

No worries! I am here now too, yes I guess I was at the other McDs nevermind! I am around now but gonna head to bed, hours are a bit all over the place as I'm sure you are finding too!

I am planning to stay around tomorrow for a bit of sight-seeing etc, and free in the evening too then think will jump on a night train and head to chiang mai sunday night. if anyone wants to meet in the day then do! Otherwise meet in the evening for a drink?

Looking forward to it! And thanks tt for the recommendations!

xx

#26 Posted: 2/3/2012 - 08:57

• mutton

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hey, best bet now is call or text us (got a thai number on the go).

085 821 0293

Will be drinking in and around Khao San tonight, can't be more specific I'm afraid.

Cheers, Martin and Angela

#27 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 04:18

• ellierose

Joined Travelfish
    23rd February, 2012

Hey guys,

Ok sounds good me too. I stil have my english phone, 07909 773637 not sure if it works as it won't let me text you. I'm going to get some food but text or call me and we could meet later thanks! x

#28 Posted: 3/3/2012 - 06:05

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
solo traveller in bangkok (khao san rd) heading to cambodia ... By manchesterlad on 14 Nov 2009 2 1888 15 Nov 2009
Bangkok 17 Feb 2013 - Any solo travellers heading to southern Thailand? ... By rrp123 on 10 Dec 2012 10 1733 19 Feb 2013
22yo Male Solo Traveller - Arrive Bangkok 13th February ... By Quickstix on 31 Jan 2014 5 577 12 Feb 2014
traveling solo in February ... By TravelingGirl on 3 Dec 2007 4 2166 5 Dec 2007
29 yr solo male traveling around SE Asia. February through May ... By alaskn81 on 9 Oct 2010 1 1718 16 Dec 2010