Companions forum

25/F/Solo in SE Asia Mar-Jun 2012

• gobluegirl

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2012

I'm heading to SE Asia in mid-March (arriving in Hanoi on the 20th) and looking to travel through Vietnam and then to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and any other places that come up along the way. I'd be up for travel buddies at any point en route; my only must-stop is Angkor Wat and I'm pretty easy-going and laid-back. I've done a bit of solo travel but this is my first solo trip of this length.

#1 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 00:15

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

join my FB group... see link below

#2 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 06:04

• Abhisek

Joined Travelfish
    29th February, 2012

Hi,

I should be there around the end of April. Will travel to Thailand and most probably Vietnam.
    I have replied to a similar topic on this forum as well.

I would be visiting different places, eat different food and explore whatever there is to be explored! Can catch up if possible.

Cheers!

#3 Posted: 7/3/2012 - 07:50

• Shoes4

Click here to learn more about Shoes4
    Joined Travelfish
    27th February, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Gobluegirl
    I'm female planning a trip to Thailandand Cambodia mid April tolate May, so maybe can meet you in Thailand. Hadn't counted Laos in, buthappy if that's the way the itinerary goes to include it. Like you, Angkor complex is my only absolutemust (it looks so amazing!).

I'm based in the UK,not booked my flights yet, but will do in the next couple of days. I've neverbeen to South East Asia (well once to Hong Kong and Baliwell over 10years ago but not solo or backpacking!). I've six weeks or so inthe region before heading to Indiato do a trek in the Himalaya and thenreturning home end June.

Like you pretty laid back and think things usually just work themselves out(but with some street smarts / intuition working on my side).

Get in touch via email - shoes4kk@yahoo.com and let's compare ideas.

Nimisha

#4 Posted: 12/3/2012 - 08:54

• chris2102

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2012

Hi Guys

Im 33/m from the UK. I will be travelling to Singapore on 18th March, up through Malaysia and will be in Thailand beginning of April.

I am looking at spending a couple of months then exploring Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and possibly Laos.

Really want to make sure your in Thailand for their new year celebrations. Basically Thailand shuts down for a 3 day water fight, it's supposed to be crazy!

Anyway, drop me an email if any of you fancy meeting up, im chrisallen2102@gmail.com or catch me on facebook chris allen or the group http://www.facebook.com/groups/148917725201486/

Cheers :-)

#5 Posted: 13/3/2012 - 08:24

• chris2102

Joined Travelfish
    13th March, 2012

Hi Guys

Im 33/m from the UK. I will be travelling to Singapore on 18th March, up through Malaysia and will be in Thailand beginning of April.

I am looking at spending a couple of months then exploring Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and possibly Laos.

Really want to make sure your in Thailand for their new year celebrations. Basically Thailand shuts down for a 3 day water fight, it's supposed to be crazy!

Anyway, drop me an email if any of you fancy meeting up, im chrisallen2102@gmail.com or catch me on facebook chris allen or the group http://www.facebook.com/groups/148917725201486/

Cheers :-)

#6 Posted: 13/3/2012 - 08:37

• MLuna

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2012

Hello I'm a 23/F from the US and will be traveling solo to SE Asia end of May to September. I realize that is a bit later than you but I'll be starting in Cambodia and also like you, Angkor Wat is a must. I plan to do some diving on Koh Rong Island and spend some time in Sihanoukville and Phnom Penh as well. Let me know if you think our paths might cross!

Melissa

#7 Posted: 14/3/2012 - 11:40

• CanadianCan-
    uck

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2012

I'm 20/m from Canada, and will be starting my adventure in April till June. I was planning on diving Koh Rong in May as well Melissa! Maybe we'll run into each other, or could meet up along the way! Aside from that, I intend to see Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos if I have the time. I don't really have any set itinerary, and am traveling solo, therefore I'm open to almost anything!
    Cheers!
    Matt

#8 Posted: 15/3/2012 - 23:47

• MLuna

Joined Travelfish
    8th February, 2012

Hey Matt, that's awesome! I won't actually arrive in Koh Rong until the first couple days of June most likely but I'll be there for a little while doing some conservation work with one of the dive shops for a few weeks. When in May were you planning on heading to Koh Rong? I'm super excited, never been diving over there...

Melissa

#9 Posted: 16/3/2012 - 15:48

• wheretonext

Joined Travelfish
    10th November, 2012
    Location Philippines

Hey everyone,

I'm heading to The Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam next year!

Here are the dates if anyone is interested:

Dec 18 to Feb 12 - Philippines
    Jan 27 to Feb 9 - Southern Thailand & Malaysia sidetrip
    Feb 13 to March 17 - Mandatory rest period in Darwin, Australia leading up to the big adventure
    March 18 to March 25 - Philippines
    March 26 to April 11 - Myanmar
    April 12 to April 20 - Chiang Mai, Thailand (Songkran Festival!)
    April 21 to May 1 - Laos
    May 2 to May 17 - Cambodia
    May 18 to June 24 - Vietnam
    June 25 to July 26 - Philippines

Cannot contain my excitement!Anyone wanna tag along just message me on here.

#10 Posted: 25/11/2012 - 07:24

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Traveling solo Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia March 2012 ... By baube on 20 Nov 2011 4 2113 10 Mar 2012