Companions forum

In Chiang Mai, travelling to Laos in a bit...

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

On the tails of an extremely successful Travelfish meet in Bangkok, just thought I would throw out the lure that there's a group of us currently stationed in Chiang Mai - we'll be here for about a week or so, then the tentative plan is to head to Pai for a couple of days before crossing the border to Laos. A couple of us will be in Laos for a few weeks and then likely will be heading into Vietnam. If anyone's currently in the north of Thailand or will be in and around the area of Laos/Vietnam in the next couple of weeks and is interested in meeting up, please do send a message!

#1 Posted: 16/3/2012 - 11:45

• Advertisement

• GavinIrish1

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2012

hey guys! im currently in bangkok (been here since tues) and im leaving tomorro evening to get the night train to chiang mai - i would be really interested in meeting up as im a solo traveller and would like to explore vietnam laos and cambodia with fellow travellers. il be in chiang mai on sat morning but im happy enough to tag along with you whenever your going on to the next spot? private message me details if u want or u can reply on this forum. i look forward to your response

gavin!

#2 Posted: 22/3/2012 - 12:26

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

Hey Gavin,

We're currently in Pai and will probably only be here for one more night before sorting our transportation to Laos. Unfortunately, it does sound like we're a bit ahead of you at this point, but depending on your timeline for Chiang Mai, it would definitely be possible to meet up, maybe in Laos?

Definitely let me know, we have an Irish amongst us so you would be more than welcome :)

Cheers.
    Angela

#3 Posted: 22/3/2012 - 12:52

• GavinIrish1

Joined Travelfish
    12th March, 2012

hey angela, many thanks for your quick response. i had only set a few days aside for chiang mai then i was planning my movements into laos so maybe im just a few days behind but this can easliy be caught up.. what are ur plans for laos then, where will you go stay first? do u plan to visit halong bay or hanoi at any point as well as siem reap, luang prabang and the ho chi min (excuse my spelling lol) ? im scheduling in a full moon party on may 5th i think, so ive basically 5 weeks for vietnam, cambodia and vietnam do any of u guys have similar travel durations?

#4 Posted: 22/3/2012 - 13:04

• ange7a

Joined Travelfish
    17th February, 2012

We booked our slow boat into Laos for tomorrow evening, and then we'll probably stay in Luang Prabang for a couple of nights once we arrive there. If you take a quicker mode of transportation over into Laos then it would facilitate the merging of our paths. Two of us are out in SE Asia for about 6 months total (about a month in now) and have already done the Full Moon party this past month so will probably spend the remainder of our time elsewhere (i.e. Laos, Vietnam including the places you've mentioned, Cambodia, Burma) while one of us will be heading back to Thailand June/July. Either way, let's try to meet up in Laos!

#5 Posted: 23/3/2012 - 02:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelling SaPa to Chiang Mai through Laos - Best Route? ... By laydeesian on 28 Jan 2013 2 1410 2 Feb 2013
Travelling from Chiang Mai to Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia end of Jan to Feb 2011 ... By wajdie on 31 Dec 2010 1 2778 15 Jan 2011