Companions forum

SE asia (thailand, laos, cambodia) nov 12 - jan 13

• emsterlikew-
    hoax

Joined Travelfish
    6th May, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi!
    I'm planning a trip from mid november to mid january, perhaps we can meet up and travel a bit together. My plan right now is to start in Thailand and then head to Laos and Cambodia as well, but besides that I don't have a specific itinerary mapped out yet so I'm open to any ideas. I'm planning on keeping it pretty cheap when possible, I don't mind taking long buses or trains, or staying in dorms to save a little extra and make the trip last a bit longer. I don't mind travelling alone but I've found it can be more fun to have someone to share the adventure with. I'm hoping I'll find some easy going people close to my age, female or male, who want to see the sights, experience the culture and have a good time along the way.

I'm a 24 year old female from the US and I've spent the Last year in asia teaching english. Right now I live inHanoi. I finish my contract in November and want to get a couple months of travelling in before I go. I like seeing the sights and experiencing the culture and trying new things but I also like to drink and enjoy wild nights out that can happen so often while you're traveling.

I've done quite a bit of traveling and have seen parts of these countries before, but I want to take time and really experience all they have to offer before I head back to the states in January.
    If you're interested in meeting up or traveling together reply here or send me a PM

- Emily

#1 Posted: 4/6/2012 - 18:58

• Advertisement

• j4s

Joined Travelfish
    3rd June, 2012

Hi
    How are your travel plans going?
    Unable to send you a pm

#2 Posted: 5/6/2012 - 06:51

• spennie87

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2012

Hi Emily.

I've booked a flight and land in Bangkok on 19th November.

I've not booked anything other than my flight, as although I have a 'plan' of what I wouldn like to do, I also want to keep it pretty loose, as I'm sure I'll meet some really amazing people along the way.

My initial plan is to stay in Bangkok for a few nights and get used to the time difference, then I'd like to travel to Chaing Mai, over to Laos, then Vietnam, Cambodia, then down for some Island hopping.

I am trying to save as much as I can at the minute, but I'm pretty useless at it, so also want to keep it as cheap as possible, so am planning on staying in dorm style hostels.

I'm 24 and from London. This will be my first trip - Mega excited.

Stacey xx

#3 Posted: 16/6/2012 - 13:09

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hey,
    im doing a massive custom RTW trip but I land in Bangkok on 1st November.

I've not booked anything for the SE asia part of my trip other than a cheap hostel for the full moon on the 28th nov, like stacey as although I have a 'plan' of what I would like to do, I also want to keep it simple so i can go with the flow, as I know there will be loads of people along the way doing cool and intresting things.
    pm if you want to talk swap ideas, meet up?

Lee (M, 26,UK) x

#4 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 05:30

• Retroscan

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2012

I'm gonna be visiting Thailand between 28th December n 12th January 2013.
    Booked a house there so accommodation will be free for anyone staying with me.. Could be a group or single traveller .. But not more than 4 people as its a 3 room accommodation :)
    Cheers
    Salman
    NOTE: BTW EMILY, YOUR PM IS STILL DEACTIVATED

#5 Posted: 30/10/2012 - 22:00

• bongohuzz

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2012

Hi Emily,

I will be in Bangkok from 16th December, nothing plan for now besides confirmed ticket ! my return date is on 7th /January 2013.

Ofcourse would like to budget the accommodation so i can travel more, i am flexible and up for adventure. i love shopping and ofcourse partying .

Let me know if you or any group i can join as Solo makes me feel pushed down !

I am from Tanzania , Male 27 - indian origin but stayed whole life in Tanzania.

#6 Posted: 31/10/2012 - 01:12

• pootle

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hey!

I'm flying into Bangkok on Sunday (11 Nov) so if anyone is around then, would be good to grab a beer and exchange travel plans... I only have two weeks off work (boo!) and am thinking I'll probably head to Cambodia, though I haven't totally decided yet!

Be good to hear from anyone who's planning to be there at the same time and travelling to Cambodia, or Laos...

Adele

#7 Posted: 5/11/2012 - 07:03

• stellix

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2012
    Location Malaysia

#8 Posted: 6/11/2012 - 04:15

• carolinesar-
    ah

Joined Travelfish
    11th June, 2012

Hey guys il be in Bangkok around the 20th of nov, will spend day or two there then some time in Chiang mai and Chiang rai then head to Laos for some time and back into Thailand to explore islands if anyone has similiar plans? :)

#9 Posted: 12/11/2012 - 07:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Thailand & Laos or Cambodia & Laos for first SE Asia trip??? ... By remsam on 23 Apr 2014 8 1147 26 Apr 2014
Travel buddies wanted SE Asia (Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand) 22nd Nov - 1st Feb ... By LottieJ on 14 Nov 2012 0 1208 14 Nov 2012
SE Asia-Cambodia, Laos, Thailand ... By chinezero on 10 Mar 2012 4 1507 13 Mar 2012
September flights around SE Asia - Thailand, Laos & Cambodia ... By sackonmyback on 22 Aug 2006 2 2279 23 Aug 2006
SE Asia (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia) May 2010 ... By wombatfuz on 30 Dec 2009 5 2487 20 Apr 2010
First time to SE Asia (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia) Tips on best places to go! ... By juliette13 on 5 Aug 2013 9 1306 6 Aug 2013
South east asia, 6 weeks – Thailand, Laos Cambodia ... By kayjaydesign on 13 Aug 2013 2 1100 14 Aug 2013
SE Asia Budget - Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thai Islands ... By lauraandmark on 4 Sep 2008 3 6047 21 Sep 2009
6-8 weeks in South East Asia - Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand ... By mjbeavis on 13 Sep 2010 7 7424 25 Mar 2013