Companions forum

Bangkok drinking/partying/site seeing buddy

• johnoreilly

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2012

Hi guys,

So I posted on here earlier in the year (pretty good response), just to see who was having similar ideas to me, and now my flight's only 3 weeks away I thought that i'd look again. I'm flying from Manchester on the 21st June, heading to Bangkok and then spending the next 6 weeks hitting Thailand, Cambodia and Laos. I have no plan, or itinerary, just a sense of adventure. I'm looking at initially staying in the Khao San road area as it matches my criteria (cheap and lively) before moving on after 4 days or so. If anyone fancies getting together around that time frame for a general catch up of drinks, feel free to get back to me.

#1 Posted: 5/6/2012 - 12:05

• Advertisement

• feedee150

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Yep, still me John :)

Plan is still probably 2 nights in Bangkok (arrive 28th June) then I'm thinking heading up north to Chiang Mai before crossing to Laos, then to Cambodia and then hopefully some islands down the south for my final week (loose plan...) I was hoping to fit in Vietnam but am now considering missing it out altogether and having a fairly chilled out final week before heading to Oz (and I found out there's a full moon party on my birthday so that's very tempting).

Let me know if you need my email again or want to add me on facebook.

#2 Posted: 11/6/2012 - 07:33

• mimi10000

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hey, Im pretty much on the same adventure, I fly out of london on 17th June- arriving in Bangkok 18th and have 6weeks to do Thailand,Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos.. Then on to Oz for a year :) am planning to do Asia with my cousin, however would love to meet loads of people on our travels- more the merrier ;)

Feedee- what part of Oz are you heading down too!? are you going to be travelling/working!? I dont really know anyone out there so would love to meet people to hang out with, let me know :)

Maya x

#3 Posted: 11/6/2012 - 11:50

• feedee150

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

hey Maya, I'm flying to Melbourne how about you? Have got a working holiday visa so hoping to get a job pretty quick. Hopefully combine work and travel over there (it's not cheap like SEA :) )

Can you tell me your route plan for Asia? I was planning to do the 4 countries but have cut back to 3 as didn't think I'd have the time... have you sorted out your Vietnamese visa? Feel free to look me up on facebook (Fiona Dodd - cartoon pic of me) or drop me an email - fnedodd@gmail.com.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Fee.

#4 Posted: 11/6/2012 - 12:39

Joined Travelfish
    25th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Hey,
    im doing a massive custom RTW trip ending up in perth 19th dec and then in Aus for 12month but I land in Bangkok on 1st November.

I've not booked anything for the SE asia part of my trip other than a cheap hostel for the full moon on the 28th nov, although I have a 'plan' of what I would like to do, I also want to keep it simple so i can go with the flow, as I know there will be loads of people along the way doing cool and intresting things.
    pm if you want to talk swap ideas, meet up?

Lee (M, 26,UK)

#5 Posted: 19/6/2012 - 05:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.