Companions forum

23yrs/F traveling SEA Aug 10th-26th

• MT_Travels

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2012

Hola traveling friends,

I am a 23-years old female. I am Mexican but live in the US where I also study. I am currently living in Bangkok and will be traveling alone through SEA from August 10th-26th! I do not mind traveling alone since it is easy to meet people on the way, but it is always more fun when you have company! I am very out-going and I am not afraid to try different foods, attempt to communicate with locals, and be out of my "comfort zone". Traveling with an open-minded buddy is a must!

I would like to go to Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Cambodia, and the Phillipines. I have not yet booked my flights but plan to do so very soon. Let me know if you are interested in traveling with me, we will have a blast!

Send me your email information if you are interested! :)

Marybell

#1 Posted: 17/7/2012 - 22:40

• Advertisement

• andrefuture

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2012

That sounds pretty ambitious for the amount of time you have... but it also sounds awesome :) I'm a 31/m from Vancouver planning on flying into Bangkok around August 10th and leaving September 22nd. I want to visit all the places you've mentioned except Malaysia and the Phillipines simply because I think it will be too much. Although it's supposed to be the wet season I do want to hit up some beaches, explore some of the historical landmarks, go out at night and basically have a good time with like minded people. Are you a beach person? Have you seen the sun lately in Bangkok?

#2 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 17:28

• MT_Travels

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2012

Hello,

I love the beach, most definitely... and no, there isnt much sunshine in Bangkok these days, it rains at least once a day!

Thus far, I have booked a flight from Bangkok to Phnom Penh on the 11th and one from there to Kuala Lumpur on the 13th... after that I plan to take a train down to Singapore, and make a stop in Melaka. I should be in Singapore by the 15th and after that I am not sure what I am doing... I have not booked anything past Singapore so my options are somewhat endless...

What are your plans? Perhaps we can meet up somewhere... How long will you be in Bangkok before leaving?

#3 Posted: 19/7/2012 - 21:51

• andrefuture

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2012

Argg, I hope it brightens up a little by the time I'm there! From what I've read wet season doesn't mean constant rain and the sun sometimes pokes it's head out between downpours. Since you're there now do you have any inside knowledge on what beaches would be decent (ie, sunny) in SEA between August and September?

I honestly have no idea how long I'll stay in Bangkok. I'm kind of playing it by ear right now, but I think I'll want to spend at least a few days there seeing as there's so much to do. Cambodia seem like a good second stop after Thailand, however I won't want to leave Bangkok the day after I arrive. Since you've already booked your flights, the most likely meet up time might be after your visit to Singapore. I may still be in Cambodia by that time. My next stop after would probably be either be Laos or Vietnam. Maybe we could co-ordinate something for around then if you come in that direction.

Andrew

#4 Posted: 23/7/2012 - 14:48

• MT_Travels

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2012

Hi Andrew,

I finalized my travel plans this morning. I will be going to Cambodia, Malaysia, and Indonesia. I made a more recent post of the feed, I believe it is the most after this one. I included my itinerary. Let me know if you want to join me. It sounds like you are planning to go north, I have taken Singapore out of my travel plans although I really wanted to go. I have no doubt that Singapore is beautiful, and I will have to see it next time. I wanted to see more of the natural beauty, so hopefully the places where I am going will suffice.

Here are my plans:

Bangkok-Phnom Penh (2 days)
    Phnom Penh-Kuala Lumpur (2 days)
    Kuala Lumpur- Langkawi ( 2.5 days) more flexible since I plan to take a ferry to Penang and then to Medan, if I decide to stay in Langkawi I could be here for a max of 5 days
    Langkawi- Penang (2days)
    Penang-Medan (1.5 days)
    Medan- Bandung (arrive and take a train, not planning on staying in Bandung) I will arrive in the evening, stay the night and take an early train towards Yogyakarta and stop in Borobudur for the day)
    Bandung- Yogyakarta
    Yogyakarta- Surabaya (Mt. Bromo)
    Surabaya- Bangkok

Let me known if you are interested in joining me!

Talk to you late

Marybell

#5 Posted: 23/7/2012 - 21:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.