27yr-London-lad/First Solo Backpacking trip/S.E Asia/Nov-Dec/NYE in Thailand

• Greatlookin-
    guy

Click here to learn more about Greatlookinguy
    Joined Travelfish
    2nd August, 2012
    Location Earth

Heylo cool folks of TraveFish!

Am arriving in Bangkok sometime in the second or third week of November for two months or so of my very first SOLO backpacking adventure deluxe. Am a London lad visiting family in India at the moment and will be starting my holiday from Bangkok. Booking the flight this week. Tentative itinerary as follows:

Bangkok->Chiang Mai by overnight sleeper train->Flight to Luang Prabang (Laos)-> Bus to Vang Vieng (Party time!)->Bus to Vientienne (Get the visa for Vietnam)->Flight to Hanoi (the whole Hanoi bay experience on an overnight boat or some such)->Train and Bus to Hue (culture), Hoi An (culture & food) & Nha Trang ->Motorcycle from Nha Trang to Dalat (have heard riding a bike through the Vietnam mountains there is a must-do-in-a-lifetime experience)->Bus to HCMC/Saigon->Bus to Phnom Penh->Bus to Seam Reap->Flight to south of Thailand somewhere from Seam Reap->NYE in Ko Pha Ngnan->onwards to Malaysia and S'pore. Should take two to three months. Pretty flexible.

Will see if I've got the cash to go in for a SCUBA diving lesson somewhere. Elephants, jungle watefalls, sleeping on the floor of a village hut for ONE night (to tick that off the list) etc and all that jazz where possible.

Planning to end up in New Zealand by mid Jan or so for a two year working holiday. That's the gig.

Sounds exciting!?! Who would like to join me for part or all the way of it? :-D

If things click, we can form a Facebook group or something and all keep in touch through there. PM me for details.

P.S: I love to party, love to soak into the culture, love to eat - EVERYTHING - once, I like Happy People :-) If you do too, come right on the ride!

#1 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 17:19

• Advertisement

• Greatlookin-
    guy

Joined Travelfish
    2nd August, 2012
    Location Earth

I have just booked my NYE accommodation on Koh Phangan from 26th Dec to 2nd Jan. All set!!

Anyone reading this who is just going for the FMP on NYE, write in and we'll meet up and partaayyy!! It's going to be packed!

#2 Posted: 5/10/2012 - 08:38

• goblin6

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2012

Hi Greatlooking Guy

What dates are you flying out from the UK?

Please email itinerary and will get back to you

Would be great to meet up and have a few beers!

Im from UK (West Mids) 37/M

Cheers

newperspective5@yahoo.com

#3 Posted: 7/10/2012 - 07:03

• Greatlookin-
    guy

Joined Travelfish
    2nd August, 2012
    Location Earth

In India these days matey. Planning to be in SEA mid Nov, unless I attend a friend's wedding in which case it will be Dec 1. Got NYE booked up from 26th Dec to 2nd Jan. Got to plan out the rest of my trip around that!

What about you?

#4 Posted: 7/10/2012 - 08:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
6 months backpacking solo in SE Asia ... By WonderingAbout on 26 Jul 2013 6 5486 29 Jul 2013
Bangkok-Siem Reap Solo Backpacking Trip Jan to Feb 2013 ... By EmwanderEr on 11 Oct 2012 2 976 11 Oct 2012
Solo Backpacking Southeast Asia Starting in the Northern Mainland Jan 2015 ... By Coreym17 on 22 Sep 2014 6 689 24 Sep 2014
backpacking Thailand in Jan. solo ... By jaredellis123 on 24 Dec 2011 4 1380 28 Dec 2011
28/m/london 6 month solo backpacker landing in BKK 5th Nov... ... By finchi on 16 Oct 2012 4 884 24 Oct 2012
Air Asia - London to KL ... By Nokka on 18 Jun 2009 9 5592 12 Jul 2009