Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Vietnam 3 weeks - Feb 2013 - 37/M from UK

Posted by goblin6 on 7/10/2012 at 08:55

Hey Travel Fishes!
Im looking to travel through Vietnam in Feb 2013, for approx 3 weeks
No plans as of yet, no flights booked yet, so in planning stages at the moment!
Would be great to meet people for part or all the trip, for a few beers, sample some of the local delicacies and soak in the culture..... Leave all your worries at home and relax!
Im quite a chilled out person
Just reply or send a email to me (newperspective5@yahoo.com)
Thanks

#1 goblin6 has been a member since 7/7/2012. Posts: 31

Posted by Stephanie_S on 10/10/2012 at 20:23

Sounds great. I am also in the planning stages, have never traveled to Asia. I am leaving the US last week of Feb through the last week of March. I am looking for a bike tour (more of a leisurely tour). May travel north to south Vietnam ~10 days then plan to spend some time lounging around. Definitely gotta have some beach time. Any recommendations? It would be great to meet up with folks...

There is a small chance I will bike from Bangkok to Saigon and have a week at the mid March to hang out in Vietnam...

What do you think?

#2 Stephanie_S has been a member since 12/8/2012. Location: United States. Posts: 3
 Website 

Posted by evilmonkey on 11/10/2012 at 16:47

My wife and I will be travelling in Vietnam in Feb 2013 as well, probably starting the second week of Feb. It would be great to meet up with people and travel for a bit. We'll be travelling from the south (cambodian border) up to Ha Noi for a March 1st departure.

You can totally email me too (evilmonkey@gmail.com) if you want to meet up.
Ryan

#3 evilmonkey has been a member since 11/10/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by littletimmy on 12/10/2012 at 14:13

Steph i had similar plans to you with regards to riding bkk to siagon. But that ship sank. One you cannot cross borders with bikes, 2 you cannot legal own a bike in thailand if your a falang ( westerner) unless granted residency.Sorry to burst your bubble i had mine burst too :(

#4 littletimmy has been a member since 19/8/2012. Posts: 22

Posted by Stephanie_S on 13/10/2012 at 07:49

I am going with a tour. Now I'm thinking I will travel north to south Vietnam....

#5 Stephanie_S has been a member since 12/8/2012. Location: United States. Posts: 3
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.