Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

First time solo traveller jan 2013

Posted by luke89 on 3/1/2013 at 08:41

Hello Everyone, I'm a 23 year old male first time solo traveller from the UK landing in Bangkok on the 24th January. Never done anything like this alone before. I plan on travelling Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam over a five month period before I fly onto Australia. I have no plans other than the full moon party in January which I'd like to visit. I'm friendly and very easy to get along with, i love to have a laugh and meet new people, anyone who would like to meet up can reply to me on here or tweet me on twitter @hawker89

Thanks for taking the time for reading what I have to say :)

Luke

#1 luke89 has been a member since 5/8/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Posted by EmwanderEr on 3/1/2013 at 11:00

Hi Luke,

What's your itinerary for your trip? I'll be going for a month trip, siem reap (Jan 29-Feb3) - chiang mai (Feb 4-17) - bangkok (Feb 18-20) - southern vietnam (Feb 20-25). I'm 23, F will be coming from manila. So if ever you'll be doing some of the routes, we could meet then or you can tag along.

#2 EmwanderEr has been a member since 10/10/2012. Posts: 15

Posted by luke89 on 3/1/2013 at 12:41

Hello thanks for taking the time to reply. I don't think our itineraries would cross paths to be honest which is a shame. I plan on seeing south Thailand for the first month then heading into Cambodia on the 22nd February and onwards from there. I hope you have a great trip :)

#3 luke89 has been a member since 5/8/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Posted by luke89 on 3/1/2013 at 12:44

Don't know how I've made such an obvious mistake In the original post, but I land in Bangkok on the 22nd of January not the 24th

#4 luke89 has been a member since 5/8/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Posted by EmwanderEr on 3/1/2013 at 19:49

Haha, well anyway same as you happy travelling.

#5 EmwanderEr has been a member since 10/10/2012. Posts: 15

Posted by nburland on 13/1/2013 at 19:09

heya bud, im doing the following:

hi folks im solo traveling and looking to hit up thailand,laos cambodia vietnam- followed by maly sg australia nz.

i land in bangkok on the 18 jan

i really would love to have someone to travel with, esp through thailand-vietname,laos and cambodia, please get in touch if you out here or will be soon and want a travel buddy.

im very easy going and open minded, and have some experiance backpacking.

im male, 30 from the uk

get in touch if your interested, i can hang in bangkok the extra 4 days if needed.

#6 nburland has been a member since 13/1/2013. Posts: 5

Posted by luke89 on 14/1/2013 at 08:56

Hiya mate yeah that would be cool, do you have an itinerary or are you gonna just go with the flow which is kinda what I wanted to do?

#7 luke89 has been a member since 5/8/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 4
 Twitter 

Posted by nburland on 14/1/2013 at 19:01

i was mostly goin to just wing it, i have a rough itin but tbh i think ill just decide when i land.

only thing is i was going to do maybe a week-ish in thailand 1st in the north and then hit up the south for a few weeks on my way down to maly. and loop through laos, veit, camb , thai, or vice versa.

the full moon party is a long way south from the hill tribes and treks in the north so would involve a large backtrack if you were planning to do that in jan.

tbh, i spent 8 months in thailand before and the parties in off season were way better, less commercial, more locals having fun, just a thought.

its your call at the end of the day so, let me know what you think.

also, my plan is probably 2-3 months in asia before heading to auz

Cambodia and laos are big on my list, vietnam is less so, malysia will probably just be a whistlestop too but burma could be cool if not soloing it

really comes down to what sort of trip your after, i want to see / embrace the culture more then party, although i do plan to party... 8)

im also going on a shoestring, pure roughing it,eating local, cheap rooms so get used to cold showers or just swim regular....

look forward to hearing back if this sounds like it could work, or any ideas youd like to throw my way, like i said before, i can be flexable so we can both do what's on our lists.

if not keep me in mind and we could meet elsewhere.

nick.

#8 nburland has been a member since 13/1/2013. Posts: 5

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.