Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Please don't post email addresses or personal phone numbers

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/1/2013 at 02:20 admin

While this pertains to the entire Travelfish forum, this is particularly common on the Companions branch so I'm posting it here.

Please do not post email addresses or personal telephone numbers anywhere in the forum. Posts that do so will either be edited or deleted.

To contact other people, please use the Private Messaging system. Yes, it is basic, but it works.

It is not enabled by default. To enable it, do the following:

* Click on "Member Centre" (top right of page once you are logged in)
* Select Member Profile
* Edit Profile
* Enable "Private Messaging"
* Make profile "public"

Save and you're done.

Note the other person you want to contact also needs to have this enabled.

We release this is less convenient than having it enabled by default, but we thought, because it means you'll be emailed whenever someone messages you, it is better to be opt-in rather than opt-out.

Thanks

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mutonne on 5/1/2013 at 09:34

Wise advice, as always. For the record, I met up with three people using this section of the forum back in Feb 2012 and we hung out for just over a week, Bangkok to Koh Phangan and the full moon party. We had a blast and most importantly, found that we had a lot in common and had similar desires for our travels. I had to return to work otherwise the week would have turned into months. Thanks to Somtam and the Travelfish community!

#2 mutonne has been a member since 1/3/2011. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/1/2013 at 21:41 admin

Hey,

That's great to hear -- cheers :)

Too bad you had to go back to work!

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.