Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Travelling to Southeast Asia in August

Posted by Steph24 on 24/2/2013 at 13:35

Hi Everyone!
Is there anyone out there who recommends GapAdventures.com? I'm travelling alone and was wondering whether I should join a tour or just do my own thing. First time I'm travelling alone to Asia! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
Steph

#1 Steph24 has been a member since 24/2/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by AimeeFord on 25/2/2013 at 22:51

Hi Steph!

I haven't used G Adventures (their new name since a US Court threatened to sue them d/t sounding too much like Gap clothing stores), but I used Intrepid to tour Vietnam and Cambodia and had a great time--it didn't feel like a stereotypical tour at all. Thailand is easy to do solo. As to whether to use a tour or not, that depends on your comfort level. You could consider taking a shorter tour to get a feel for the area and then try to strike on your own, or could pair up with some fellow travelers (check at hostels, Travelfish forum, or LP Thorn Tree). Happy Travels!

#2 AimeeFord has been a member since 20/1/2013. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.