Companions forum

Travelling to Southeast Asia in August

• Steph24

Joined Travelfish
    24th February, 2013

Hi Everyone!
    Is there anyone out there who recommends GapAdventures.com? I'm travelling alone and was wondering whether I should join a tour or just do my own thing. First time I'm travelling alone to Asia! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]
    Steph

#1 Posted: 24/2/2013 - 13:35

• Advertisement

• AimeeFord

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2013

Hi Steph!

I haven't used G Adventures (their new name since a US Court threatened to sue them d/t sounding too much like Gap clothing stores), but I used Intrepid to tour Vietnam and Cambodia and had a great time--it didn't feel like a stereotypical tour at all. Thailand is easy to do solo. As to whether to use a tour or not, that depends on your comfort level. You could consider taking a shorter tour to get a feel for the area and then try to strike on your own, or could pair up with some fellow travelers (check at hostels, Travelfish forum, or LP Thorn Tree). Happy Travels!

#2 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 22:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travelling in Southeast Asia during Ramadan ... By sambrown on 12 Jul 2013 5 7139 16 Jul 2013
First time travelling through southeast asia, help please! :-)! ... By Fisher88 on 26 Apr 2011 1 3729 29 Apr 2011
Travelling Southeast Asia, budget and itinary HELP much appreciated ... By DD1987 on 4 Apr 2014 4 1498 9 Apr 2014
Travelling SE-Asia August 2013 ... By itraveler on 17 Jun 2013 3 1023 19 Jun 2013
Travelling South East Asia in August, September and start of October ... By bryliesmiley on 6 Mar 2012 0 3482 6 Mar 2012