Companions forum

25yr m solo thailand feb 2014

• Zakpriestley

Joined Travelfish
    9th May, 2013

Hi guys,I was going to go with a friend but he's backed out but it been my dream to travel thailand!!i haven't booked anything yet planning on doin that in June
    I'm up go the adventure of a life time but the thought of flying and landing in Bangkok totally alone turns my stomach but I don't want this to put me off!!
    So I was wondering if any other solo travellers are looking to go at the same time or be over and wouldn't mind meeting up for a drink and swap plans the make the whole thing less scary and if are plans are similar maybe travel together for a couple of days??plus any advice on where best to meet people in Bangkok before I head of to the north or southern islands.thanks Zak :)

#1 Posted: 10/5/2013 - 04:14

• Advertisement

• ChrisBrenna-
    n88

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2013
    Location Ireland

Hey Bud,

I'm sort of in the same boat as you, friends dropped out and I'm a little bit afraid of Bangkok at the minute lol I'm pllaning on flying from Dublin to Bangkok in March 2014

#2 Posted: 12/5/2013 - 12:01

• p_fortune

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2014

Hello you two :)

I am the third one on the same boat :) I am going to Bangkok on 12.2.2014 and then the same day to Ban Phe for a week and then back to Bangkok. It's gonna be first time for me too so we can meet, drink a beer together and swap plans ;)

Have fun and keep smiling!

Pia

#3 Posted: 8/1/2014 - 16:29

• inshadesofb-
    lue

Joined Travelfish
    17th January, 2014

hey,

We are a young (30-31yrs) Canadian couple traveling to thailand/Cambodia from Feb 18 onwards. We are looking for some travel companions. We are familiar with SE Asia (our 3rd time here) - so maybe we can be of some help as well.

We love seeing the sights during the day, but also enjoy partying till 6AM :D. Moreover, we are also going to root for CANADA during the winter Olympics in Sochi 2014 - bring your jersey if you are an olympics fan :)

Messages us here or email us a jaisal@theswaraj.com

Christa and jay

#4 Posted: 17/1/2014 - 10:33

• beckidavies-

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2014

Hello :) I've arrived in Bangkok today and am doing it on my own. Panicking a bit now Im here so if anyone is around and fancies a drink that would be great :)

X

#5 Posted: 4/2/2014 - 12:56

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Slightly nervous solo 25yr m thailand 2014 ... By Zakpriestley on 10 May 2013 7 2411 18 May 2013
Solo 25yr M thailand mid jan 2013 ... By Zakpriestley on 9 May 2013 8 1325 13 May 2013
27F traveling solo to thailand , malaysia and singapore in April 2014 ... By Andi03 on 23 Aug 2013 3 1412 5 Mar 2014