Companions forum

Travelling south east asia July 2013 (Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia)

• michelled

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2013

Hi, I am a 21 yr old female girl.
    I am flying to Bangkok on 1st July and travelling round for a month.
    Anyone heading over July time, let me know please :)

Michelle

#1 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 08:00

• Advertisement

• TravelKeith

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2013

I fly to Bangkok on July 11th for a several month long open-ended backpacking trip (first of this kind for me) around Thailand, cambodia, laos, vietnam and maybe the philippines at the end. I am going solo and would definitely welcome a travel buddy for some (or all) of my travels. I am a 23yr old American male from Colorado among other places, check out my couchsurfing.org profile for more info about me if you are interested in meeting up. http://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=W7DBEFA I plan on hitting many of the "banana pancake trail" mainstays such as a full moon party (july 24), angkor wat n siem reap, tubing in vang vieng, military firing range in phnom penh etc. while also getting off the beaten path, checking out temples, churches and local activities everywhere along the way, and tagging along on any daytrips of other backpackers I meet that sound interesting. Cheers, Keith

#2 Posted: 9/6/2013 - 13:03

• michelled

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2013

Hey thanks for your reply.
    Sounds good, there looks like so much to do from sites I have looked at, trying to cram it down into a month for me is going to be a struggle, I was thinking the same sorts of things plus maybe an elephant ride or boat trip or two!
    I definitely would like to meet up

Michelle

#3 Posted: 10/6/2013 - 08:15

• Crphilli

Joined Travelfish
    10th June, 2013
    Location United States

Hey Michelle,

I will be arriving in Bangkok on the night of July 4th. I have extremely flexible plans at this point. As of now, I am planning on staying in Bangkok for a few nights than traveling to Chiang mai for a few nights. From Chiang Mai my plans are very open. Would like to go to Laos or Cambodia (I'm banking on meeting some fellow travelers to band up with and continue on with.) From either Laos or Cambodia I would like to fly down or Train/bus down to Koh Phangan to beach hop and catch the full moon party. I then plan to work my way slowely back up to Bangkok to fly out on the 29th of July. I am very interested in hopping around but would like to keep it to a two country minimum so as not to wear myself out traveling and to watch the funds. If any of this sounds interesting to you or would work into your itinerary maybe we can plan out the first stretch of our trip together and go from there. I would be more than willing to leave Bangkok right away and spend time there at the end of my trip before my flight home because it seems that you will already be there for a few days before my arrival.

Just to let you know a little about me: I'm a 24 year old male and this is my first time in SEA. I'm getting ready to start medical school so essentially this is my last trip for awhile ha. I live in Charleston, SC and I am in a committed relationship (I say that only so you know I'm not creeping ha). Feel free to check out my page w/ references and a very outdated bio on couchsurfing.org http://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=HWYINPA

Let me know. I believe that I can except Private messages (first time using Travelfish) so that may be a better way to communicate!

Coti

#4 Posted: 10/6/2013 - 13:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
6-8 weeks in South East Asia - Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand ... By mjbeavis on 13 Sep 2010 7 7362 25 Mar 2013
South east asia, 6 weeks – Thailand, Laos Cambodia ... By kayjaydesign on 13 Aug 2013 2 1069 14 Aug 2013
July in South East Asia! ... By Goodmango on 17 Apr 2012 11 4853 2 Dec 2012
Travelling South East Asia in September ... By Eldwyer90 on 23 May 2013 3 3338 12 Jun 2013
Travelling South East Asia with a 4mth old Baby? ... By Violett23 on 17 Jan 2010 2 4231 19 Apr 2010
Travelling South East Asia in August, September and start of October ... By bryliesmiley on 6 Mar 2012 0 3212 6 Mar 2012
irish girl living in london travelling South East Asia Jan- April 2011 ... By soloirish on 26 Jul 2010 18 4868 18 Feb 2011
33 y/o female travelling to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia May-July ... By Masser on 9 May 2011 3 3322 8 May 2012
Thailand, south east asia guidebook! .. pls help ... By ravenger99 on 12 Jan 2009 7 2958 27 Jan 2009
29/M Travelling Thailand and SE Asia from June/July onwards ... By Yankeeruinx on 30 Jan 2012 5 1519 20 May 2012