Companions forum

Central/East Java: 7-22 September

• cja17

Click here to learn more about cja17
    Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Jogjakarta from 7 Sep, for 15 days in Central/East Java. Really want to take a look at Karimunjawa, as well as Mount Merapi and The Ijen Plateau.

Say hello if you'll be in the neighbourhood. Safe travels.

Cheers, Christian

M, 44. One Temple Per Day tolerance. See globaljunkie.net for travel stuff I like to do.

#1 Posted: 14/7/2013 - 09:47

• Advertisement

• adaminasia

Joined Travelfish
    22nd July, 2013

Hi Christian -

I am starting a 3-month trip through Southeast Asia in a few weeks and have been thinking about heading down to Indonesia right around the same time you'll be there (Sept 7), flying into either Jakarta or Yogyakarta and making my way east to Bali. Hopefully will decide for sure in the next few days, as I'll be coming from Singapore and would like to arrange a flight into and out of Indonesia. Other option I'm considering is going overland through Malaysia up to Thailand.

This will be my first time to Southeast Asia and first solo trip. 31, M.

Adam

#2 Posted: 11/8/2013 - 22:03

• cja17

Click here to learn more about cja17
    Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

That's an interesting choice you've got there Adam, but a nice problem to have!

With a 3-month window, if you're interested in seeing the Perhentians in Malaysia, or say Ko Tao / Ko Phagnan in Thailand, then you want to be doing that in September, before the East Coast weather drops off. But, by the same token, East Java is also nice and dry that month.

I'm still planning on a couple of days in Yogya from the 7th, but after that it's all still up in the air - if the ferries work for Karimunjawa I will be well pleased.

Thanks for saying hello on this post and get in touch if you are up for a beer and some Nasi Gudeg in Yogya - my travel email is on the "About" page of my blog.

Cheers, Christian

http://www.globaljunkie.net

#3 Posted: 13/8/2013 - 13:39

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
getting to east Bali from east java ... By breatheagain on 7 Feb 2014 7 814 17 Feb 2014
Beaches in east java ... By svolvar on 12 Nov 2013 1 575 13 Nov 2013
East Java itinerary ... By obligatory on 9 Jul 2014 2 402 12 Jul 2014
Red Island in East Java -- Any thoughts? ... By KhowNeow11 on 20 Sep 2012 1 1164 5 Oct 2012
national parks east java, baluran, meru betiri or alas purwo? ... By Animal_lover on 4 Feb 2013 2 1140 18 Feb 2013