Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

21F Solo Traveller (Sep 2013) Bangkok - Laos - Cambodia - Vietnam (flexible)

Posted by Roshni on 6/8/2013 at 01:28

Hi Guys,

I haven't got a strict itinerary but i have a rough plan of the places i want to visit in the countries mentioned above. I'll be in South East Asia from 28th Aug to end of September 2013, let me know if anyone wants to join it should be good fun!

Roshni

#1 Roshni has been a member since 6/8/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by vas_10 on 9/8/2013 at 13:19

Hi Roshni,

I am also planning a similar tour...Cambodia and bangkok was on my mind though...my travel period would be 1- 15 sept....still finalising...it would be great if we can catch up as I am also travelling alone...looking forward to hear from you and if we can plan something together

Cheers,
Vas

#2 vas_10 has been a member since 9/8/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by orangepeel88 on 14/8/2013 at 00:02

Roshni and Vas!

I will be arriving in Siem Reap on September 3rd and will be exploring Cambodia until September 28th. I don't plan on leaving Cambodia, but if you'd like to meet and go on adventures together, I'd love to get in contact with you and arrange something with you!

Orangepeel88

#3 orangepeel88 has been a member since 13/8/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by vas_10 on 14/8/2013 at 12:05

Hi...I plan to travel by road from bangkok to siem reap...trying to figure out the best possible option...how will u be travelling ??...most likely would reach ther on 3 or 4 sept.. and staying for a week...let me know your schedule and will try planning a meet..

#4 vas_10 has been a member since 9/8/2013. Posts: 6

Posted by Roshni on 14/8/2013 at 21:17

Hi both,

I land in vietnam on 28th August but i'm not sure whether to re-arrange my flight so i land in bangkok because geographically, if i want to do all four countries it makes sense to start in bangkok.
Atm, my plan is to land in Hoi Chi Minh on 28th as I pre-booked this flight, travel through vietnam (na trang etc), head up to halong bay and hanoi, take a flight to vientiene, travel to luang prabang cross the mekong river and go into chang mai and the south of bangkok, travel through to cambodia (siem riep and phnom penh) and somehow head back to bangkok again for my flight back end of september.
If i re-arrange my flight, i will go from Bangkok to north laos to south laos to north vietnam (halong bay) then to hoi chi minh, then to cambodia (siem reap and phnom penh) and back to bangkok for my flight home.
Its more likely to be the first one tbh. I only plan to do one flight, Hanoi to Vientiane otherwise rest are trains etc.

Let me know if this fits in with your plans!

#5 Roshni has been a member since 6/8/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by Roshni on 14/8/2013 at 21:17

Hi both,

I land in vietnam on 28th August but i'm not sure whether to re-arrange my flight so i land in bangkok because geographically, if i want to do all four countries it makes sense to start in bangkok.
Atm, my plan is to land in Hoi Chi Minh on 28th as I pre-booked this flight, travel through vietnam (na trang etc), head up to halong bay and hanoi, take a flight to vientiene, travel to luang prabang cross the mekong river and go into chang mai and the south of bangkok, travel through to cambodia (siem riep and phnom penh) and somehow head back to bangkok again for my flight back end of september.
If i re-arrange my flight, i will go from Bangkok to north laos to south laos to north vietnam (halong bay) then to hoi chi minh, then to cambodia (siem reap and phnom penh) and back to bangkok for my flight home.
Its more likely to be the first one tbh. I only plan to do one flight, Hanoi to Vientiane otherwise rest are trains etc.

Let me know if this fits in with your plans!

#6 Roshni has been a member since 6/8/2013. Posts: 4

Posted by manss177 on 18/9/2013 at 14:42

I Will travel to Thailand from 3-13 October Would you like to join me and start traveling in Thailand

#7 manss177 has been a member since 18/9/2013. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.