Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

25/M Arriving in Bangkok February 10 -Thailand for a month

Posted by coco25 on 9/1/2014 at 22:56

Hey all,

25 year old guy from Canada. A little nervous about arriving in Bangkok at midnight by myself. Travelling thailand for a month from February 10 to March 12.

Wouldn't mind travelling with someone!

Cheers, Angelo

#1 coco25 has been a member since 9/1/2014. Location: Canada. Posts: 4
 Twitter   Instagram 

Posted by Jheff on 10/1/2014 at 05:55

Angelo. Relax, your arrival in BKK ('the big mango') will be easy, it's a great city, once you get climatised. My advice is avoid Khao San Road area ( why bother coming to Bangkok to be surrounded by other western tourists eating pizza?). It's a modern international city with plenty to offer the adventurous. Arriving so late is not unusual for a country that sees over 10 million tourists a year, taxi is safe and inexpensive. There are heaps of info here. Enjoy your time, I will be in BKK during February too. Jeff.

#2 Jheff has been a member since 10/1/2014. Location: Australia. Posts: 1
 Where has Jheff been? 

Posted by coco25 on 10/1/2014 at 20:39

Hey thanks, Jeff.

I have a place reserved at KT guest house for 2 nights while I'm staying in Bangkok. I have read that it's a little far from the airport and the city but I don't think I'm going to worry about it. After my 2 nights in Bangkok I plan on flying up to Chiang Mai for about 5 nights. :)

#3 coco25 has been a member since 9/1/2014. Location: Canada. Posts: 4
 Twitter   Instagram 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.