Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

A travel buddy would be nice. Please contact me.

Posted by Alnsf1 on 6/3/2014 at 07:18

Hi I'm Alen from California. I'm traveling solo to Thailand, Cambodia, and the Philippines for two months. Malaysia may be inserted in the itinerary as well.

This is my first time checking out Asia and would love to meet fellow solo travelers along the way. You may pm me.

I arrive in Bangkok next week, and want to seek recommendations for a comfy hostel in the Sikhumvit area (550 bt range with AC). I plan to stay in Thailand for 2weeks, Cambodia 7days, Malaysia 3days, and Philippines 1mo.

#1 Alnsf1 has been a member since 6/3/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by LeonardCohen1 on 6/3/2014 at 08:52

Sukhumvit is mostly 800 baht up.

#2 LeonardCohen1 has been a member since 24/7/2012. Posts: 2,148

Posted by exacto on 6/3/2014 at 22:28

Hi Al,

If it is a hostel you are seeking, have a look at this recent feature story on the top 20 hostels in Bangkok.

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/321

Several look good from the write up. I've only ever stayed at Refill Now! and would recommend it. Odds are you'll find something you like from this list. Cheers.

#3 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,606
 Where has exacto been? 

Posted by Alnsf1 on 7/3/2014 at 01:28

Hey guys thank you for the reply! Someone suggested 3Howw Hostel. I wonder if anyone had stayed there and what they think about it? I dont prefer mix-gender rooms.

Also, I edited my profile to receive private messages.

btw, the fish spa and full-body Thai massage for the BKK leg of the trip have been added to my To Do's. I am excited for this trip!

#4 Alnsf1 has been a member since 6/3/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by HappyJoyz on 26/3/2014 at 09:24

do u already have a travel buddy?

#5 HappyJoyz has been a member since 23/3/2014. Posts: 1

Posted by gasgas on 5/5/2014 at 17:43

i am hoping to travel to thailand and vietnam in july of this year for a month, if anyone has any hints or tip for me i would appreciate it.. also could i do the 4 countries in a month thailand vietnam cambodia and loas.. solo traveller from ireland.....

#6 gasgas has been a member since 28/4/2014. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.