Companions forum

A travel buddy would be nice. Please contact me.

• Alnsf1

Joined Travelfish
    6th March, 2014

Hi I'm Alen from California. I'm traveling solo to Thailand, Cambodia, and the Philippines for two months. Malaysia may be inserted in the itinerary as well.

This is my first time checking out Asia and would love to meet fellow solo travelers along the way. You may pm me.

I arrive in Bangkok next week, and want to seek recommendations for a comfy hostel in the Sikhumvit area (550 bt range with AC). I plan to stay in Thailand for 2weeks, Cambodia 7days, Malaysia 3days, and Philippines 1mo.

#1 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 07:18

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Sukhumvit is mostly 800 baht up.

#2 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 08:52

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

Hi Al,

If it is a hostel you are seeking, have a look at this recent feature story on the top 20 hostels in Bangkok.

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/321

Several look good from the write up. I've only ever stayed at Refill Now! and would recommend it. Odds are you'll find something you like from this list. Cheers.

#3 Posted: 6/3/2014 - 22:28

• Alnsf1

Joined Travelfish
    6th March, 2014

Hey guys thank you for the reply! Someone suggested 3Howw Hostel. I wonder if anyone had stayed there and what they think about it? I dont prefer mix-gender rooms.

Also, I edited my profile to receive private messages.

btw, the fish spa and full-body Thai massage for the BKK leg of the trip have been added to my To Do's. I am excited for this trip!

#4 Posted: 7/3/2014 - 01:28

• HappyJoyz

Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2014

do u already have a travel buddy?

#5 Posted: 26/3/2014 - 09:24

• gasgas

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2014

i am hoping to travel to thailand and vietnam in july of this year for a month, if anyone has any hints or tip for me i would appreciate it.. also could i do the 4 countries in a month thailand vietnam cambodia and loas.. solo traveller from ireland.....

#6 Posted: 5/5/2014 - 17:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
united states travel buddy would be nice ... By 3121 on 25 Jun 2013 8 1423 8 Jun 2014