admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just a quick note, this forum is for people looking for others to travel with -- not sleep with... by that I mean it's not a dating forum!

So, if you're looking for a travelmate, post as much information as you're comfortable doing. As we don't have a "private messaging" thing on Travelfish, you will have to post email addresses at some stage (or organise to meet-up somewhere), but I'd suggest not entering your email address in your opening post -- wait till you've had some responses -- and use the "notification" function, so you receive an email whenever someone responds to your thread.

You'll be more likely to get good responses if you make use of a good topic title -- so "Guy heading to Thailand, for 14 days, in July" is more likely than something like "Looking for a travelmate".

Lastly, please be sensible about how much information you reveal online about yourself.

Good luck!

#1 Posted: 25/2/2009 - 08:04

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Old post bumped up by spam... but there's a private message function now!

#2 Posted: 20/5/2011 - 18:45

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

yeah - be sensible - don't be some idiot who puts there full name and middle initial as their user-name.

#3 Posted: 20/5/2011 - 22:13

• ChrissyDee

Joined Travelfish
    13th October, 2011

Hi, i posted an ad on the companions forum and its is not appearing anywhere ???

#4 Posted: 13/10/2011 - 16:18

• shlomiko

Joined Travelfish
    17th June, 2012

hello evrey one..im S/ 38/ m/ looking for some one that travel in tailand vietnam laos and combodia from the bigining of july..i arraived to bangkok of the bigining of july and from there to vietnam cambodia and laos and back to bangkok.. very eazy going and friendley man..
    looking for a travel buddy to have fun and travel together..anyone up to???

#5 Posted: 17/6/2012 - 17:54

• travelinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2012

How do travel buddies work? I'm quite hesitant on traveling with someone who I barely know. How would you know that the person you are with is harmless?

#6 Posted: 16/9/2012 - 10:23

• paulyone

Joined Travelfish
    22nd September, 2012

My name is Paul im leaving for thialand 20 nov for the first time any1 wanting a companIOn during my 1 month stay are welcome to email me. im going to Chiang mai for the full moon festival then the golden triangle ,the rest on a whim with my backpack. if ur down to earth and easy to get along with drop me a line EMAIL:....Dragonpaulz@hotmail.com. HAPPY TRAVELS

#7 Posted: 23/9/2012 - 04:47

• tyler

Joined Travelfish
    7th December, 2010
    Location Canada
    Places visited:
    At least 71

"How would you know that the person you are with is harmless?"
    You don't.
    Trust your instincts. If it doesn't feel right then it probably isn't.

#8 Posted: 24/9/2012 - 00:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.