19 March, Phnom Penh
    20 March, Phnom Penh - Siem Reap
    21 March, Siem Ream
    22 March, Siem Reap
    22 March, Vientiane
    23 March, Vientiane – Luang prabang
    24 March, Luang Prabang
    25 March, Luang prabang – DBP

1. Does anyone recommend a clean, safe guesthouse following itinerary?
    2. Did anyone do this trip before?
    3. It would be great if someone can become a companion with me on this trip.
    4. I am packpacker traveler, just wanna see real life experiences like local people.

#1 Posted: 2/3/2009 - 12:46

• Advertisement

• kumanan86

Joined Travelfish
    4th March, 2009

oh so sad. Im travelling solo in cambodia as well but my dates there are 10th to 17th march. was hoping to get 1 or 2 more to go with

#2 Posted: 4/3/2009 - 23:16

• solomon123

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2009

Manlyboy, are you still looking for info on places to stay?

In Vientiane the Mali Namphu is clean and well priced. Everything in Vientiane is over inflated. Reserve in advace if you will be getting into the city late. In LP, its worth it to walk around and shop prices and amenities. I paid 70000 kip for a room with A/C, a new soft bed (which is RARE in Laos)and a balcony over looking the mekong. My next door neighbor booked on line and paid $29 USD. If you are looking for cheap try Sok-dee Guesthouse it is up an side street from the mekong. Most cheap and clean places get taken, around 16:00-17:30, when "farang boats" from the chiangmai land. In Siem Reap I stayed at the Potted Palm (I booked in advance b/c I was going to get there late) It was clean, comfortable with A/c and well priced $10. Good Luck!! I'm heading back to Laos via BKK March 18th.

#3 Posted: 8/3/2009 - 23:52

• manlyboy

Joined Travelfish
    3rd February, 2009
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Thanks solomon, i am still look for info of cheap acc. That would be great to get acc with 10US$ per night.

#4 Posted: 9/3/2009 - 12:37

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
travelling between cambodia and laos trip advice ... By LissB on 28 Jan 2013 3 1688 29 Jan 2013
19 f travelling vietnam-cambodia-bangkok-phuket (june 2011) looking for similar itineries companion ... By slpngg on 14 Jan 2011 14 4062 6 Jun 2011
Would like a companion for Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos, from about now-ish! (End of October) ... By LauraOJ on 26 Oct 2011 4 1374 30 Nov 2011