Companions forum

Looking for company :-) SE asia Oct 2009 for 6 months

• think87

Click here to learn more about think87
    Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

I 21 male and am going to do a month in thailand, laos, cambodia, malaysia, singapore and vietnam starting in October and going till march. Schedule is open ended im a full fledged backpacker and travel light and cheap. like to live with the locals and see village life.

look forward to hearing from some one to tag along with me.

#1 Posted: 7/3/2009 - 09:04

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Potentially interested - I'm a restless backpacker living in Singabore. I have a huge weakness for Malaysia and could easily be talked into a trip there :)

#2 Posted: 8/3/2009 - 18:47

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Potentially interested - I'm a restless backpacker living in Singabore. I have a huge weakness for Malaysia and could easily be talked into a trip there :)

#3 Posted: 8/3/2009 - 18:48

• think87

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

Good to know and hello :-)

Ill be sure to stay in touch. Even a someone to travel with in just one country of the journey would be wonderful.

#4 Posted: 8/3/2009 - 21:48

• think87

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2009
    Location United States

To add a more detailed explanation of my trip

All my flights are cheap Airasia flights if booked ahead under $50 and some land crossings. As im spending a month in each country there will be plenty of time to visit a variety of sights and cover portions of every part. I should also mention that im very adventurous and even though money is not a concern i go 3rd class all the way anyway. My goal is to live cheap and like a local, seeking out the places no one goes and finding the 'real' life of the place im visiting.

The following is a rough estamate of the journey as i really just wing it as i go. in every country ill make it to places east, west , north and south so a few days here... then well i get antsy its time to catch the next bus. no real planning other than getting out before the visa is up and on to the next country.

November In Thailand

Leaving the end of October for Thailand and spending a month there leaving the end of November.

December in Laos

From thailand ill be going to Laos via the friendship bridge and getting my visa there. Spending a month or so in Laos Then taking a Airasia flight to Malaysia.

Januaray and Febuary in Vietnam and cambodia

going on Airasia Flights from malaysia. getting visa to vietnam in bangkok while im there.

some of March in Singapore and flying home from here.

Malaysia can be fit in whereever since its the hub for my flights. ill be in and out of malaysia 3 times so if youll be in malaysia anytime from late december to febuaray i can work with ya :-)

#5 Posted: 9/3/2009 - 05:01

• Dylan

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2009

Hey man,

I'm a 22-year-old guy (and current Manhattan resident) planning a 3-month long excusrion to SE Asia. My plan roughly coincides with yours--arrive in Thailand in October for the start of the dry/cool season, then spend roughly a month in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, respectively.

I am actually applying for PhD programs in American History--specifically, social and cultural history as it relates to our involvement in Vietnam--so I'm uniquely interested in approximating an "authentic" (problematic, I know) experience in the less-trammelled parts of Indochina.

Since I'm leaving my current corporate job in late summer, I plan on a very loose itenerary. I'm looking for something experiential, rather than simple checklist sightseeing.

Let me know if this sounds cool...

#6 Posted: 21/3/2009 - 01:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 months in Thai, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam March 2009 ... By adamdriver on 29 Sep 2008 2 3169 28 Nov 2008