Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos 27th April - end of May.

Posted by numan99 on 6/4/2009 at 21:33

Hey,

Trying to plan a trip to Southeast Asia and looking for someone to join me in exploring the place. I'm a 28 year old male from the UK who has been teaching English in Japan and Korea for the last couple of years. I think I want to spend most of my time in Thailand but definitely want to go to at least one or two other places as well.

#1 numan99 has been a member since 6/4/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by mtngirl on 7/4/2009 at 09:07

Hi numann,

I'll be travelling in Thailand with a companion until the 29th, but will then be on my own for a few weeks. I would like to travel with someone else and check out Laos, Vietnam and maybe Cambodia. I could stay in Thailand, as well. I leave Bangkok on May 20. I am fairly laid back about my plans, but would like to see as much as possible while I'm there. I'm a 30 year old female from the US.

#2 mtngirl has been a member since 7/4/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by jaraama on 7/4/2009 at 10:25

I will post my tentative plan here as well, if it doesn't work with those two above, maybe there are others who might have similar plan like mine.

I am thinking of traveling to Vietnam around 20th of April from China where I am currently at for the moment. Spending roughly 2 weeks in Vietnam (from north to south), 10 days in Cambodia, and 2-3 weeks in Thailand, maybe Laos or Myanmar afterwards if I have time and money left still. Lastly, I am a 35 year old female chinese-american.

#3 jaraama has been a member since 7/4/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by numan99 on 8/4/2009 at 17:28

Hey,

If anyone wants to get in touch with me via email my address is numan99@hotmail.com

Thanks

#4 numan99 has been a member since 6/4/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by jareduk on 8/4/2009 at 18:42

Numan99

I am out there with a couple of my friends fron the 29th of April till the end of June doing a basic loop --> BKK --> Cambodia (south coast) --> Vietnam --> Laos --> NE Cambodia then across to BKK --> Train down to Singapore.

Could tag along from Bangkok through to Saigon?

Jared

#5 jareduk has been a member since 13/11/2008. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 21
 Website 

Posted by mackieimages on 9/4/2009 at 00:48

My wife and I will also be arriving in Saigon on the 28th. We have about 5-6 weeks and plan on traveling up the coast of Vietnam into southern China, back down through Laos and Cambodia, back to Saigon beginning of June.

If anyone has recommendations on places to kite-surf in Vietnam please let me know. It's been challenging to find something relatively cheap for about 3-4 days of kite-surf camp & lodging.

#6 mackieimages has been a member since 9/4/2009. Posts: 1
 Website 

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/4/2009 at 10:49 admin

mackieimages, Mui Ne is the main kite-surfing centre in Vietnam.

#7 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,503
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by pavlos1986 on 17/4/2009 at 04:20

hey-jareduk. im looking for some1 to tag along with i arrive in bangkok on the 29th april and want to do a similar route as u are planning to do. im 22 yr male from birmingham, uk. anyways if ur interested add me on facebook: pavlos hercules philippou.

#8 pavlos1986 has been a member since 30/3/2009. Posts: 6

Posted by flavorcc on 26/4/2009 at 20:26

Greetings everyone,

will be in Thailand for 5 weeks starting May 4th. first week will be in Bangkok from May 4-10. and am open to sharing accomodations and or just traveling around the city. There has been a recent travel advisory for Thailand, so I totally understand if you would like to have somone to shop and sightsee with (please feel free to view my profile for background info).

I leave Bangkok for Chaing Mai to learn Thai Massage from May 10-30. (I will also have a place in Chaing Mai, if anyone want to crash passing thru northern Thailand),

Then I head to Phuket (Thai Islands) from May 30-June 5th.

Just in case this fourm is not checked daily I leave in a few days, so its better to reach me via email flavorcc at hottmale.kom (typed in code, so it wont get "sniped", deciper code lol)

NAMASTE

Clarence

#9 flavorcc has been a member since 26/4/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by megnify2 on 8/8/2011 at 19:36

I wana travel Thailand, Vietnam, Combodia, Malaysia, Singapore. Anybody wants may reply me soon my trip will start first week of September, 2011. and onward

Thanks

#10 megnify2 has been a member since 8/8/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by girlsgames on 9/8/2011 at 16:27

Posted from within Vietnam.

Good time to travel in Vietnam is from September to June. However, Vietnam has three different regions – the North, the Central and the South – each with different weather patterns and different rainy seasons. This means that there is neither a best time nor a worst time to visit Vietnam. Hot summer or cold winter is not that a big deal. Beaches such as Halong bay, Hoi an, Nha trang, Mui ne - Phan thiet, Phu quoc are always available. Sapa and Dalat highland offer great places for cool temperature. You can find your favourite kind of weather all year round! Y8
Jeux
Friv
Y8

#11 girlsgames has been a member since 9/8/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by megnify2 on 9/8/2011 at 20:12

Reply to Girlgame

Thanks very much for providing information. I am just finding any travel partner for thailand.

#12 megnify2 has been a member since 8/8/2011. Posts: 2

Posted by dirtbikegame on 12/11/2011 at 04:07

Posted from within Vietnam.

A southeastern Vietnam is one country with many beautiful resorts along from north to south; Sapa - Angry Birds PC- Ha Noi-Ha Long - Hue - Da Nang - Phu Quoc - Dirt Bike Game Online - Phan Thiet - Hoi An and Mario Online is the where great resort when you arrive in Vietnam and other services as
Cambodia Indonesia Islands Laos Malaysia Singapore Thailand Vietnam

#13 dirtbikegame has been a member since 12/11/2011. Posts: 3

Posted by baube on 20/11/2011 at 14:22

Hi Numan99,

I will be traveling to SEA around the same time. I will be traveling to Japan on March 4th to spend some time there and in Korea before heading over. I am traveling solo and I think it would be fun to meet up with some people here and there. I am pretty flexible with my travel plans, still doing a lot of reading and planning.

Brad

#14 baube has been a member since 16/8/2011. Location: Canada. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.