Companions forum

Traveling 4 countries from May 4th to July 22nd...wanna meet up?!

• kennedy0826

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2009

Hellllooooo fellow travelers!

My name's Kathleen. First let me tell you a bit about myself: I'm 23-years-old. I'm originally from Chicago, IL (USA) and then moved to Oregon for university. There I studied magazine writing with an emphasis on environmental writing. In October '08 I picked up and moved to Busan, South Korea to teach English with the eventual plan of traveling SEA after my contract. Well, I couldn't wait any longer so I broke my contract and will start traveling on May 4th. (YAY!)

I'll fly into Ho Chi Min City and plan on staying there maybe about a week. I also have to fly out of Ho Chi Min end of July so my (tentative) itinerary is to travel the southern part of Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, then weave my way North...still haven't exactly fit Laos into my trip, but it'll for sure be there! Eventually I'll find myself in Hanoi and will travel by train/bus south though Vietnam back to Ho Chi Min.

I plan to travel a lot by bus and train to cut down on travel costs as I'm on quite the budget. And as I assume the buses and trains will be a great way to see the country (but also incredibly slow), it'd be great to have someone to travel with and experience some of it with.

Ok...I'm almost done :) SO...If you'll be in the area (any area) and would like to meet up I'd love to meet you! This is particularly true if your in Ho Chi Min as I'm traveling alone and it would be lovely to meet someone cool right off the bat. (Or if you can't meet up but can offer any advice on travel routes or decent hostels/eats, that'd be appreciated as well!)

Thanks for sticking through this looooong post ;-) Hope to hear from you!!!

#1 Posted: 19/4/2009 - 11:58

• Advertisement

• starlitdazz-
    le

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2009
    Location United States

Hi Kathleen,

Small world - ever heard of Waterloo, Illinois? I'm Amelia, from said small town, I went to school in Louisville and I'm currently in Dubai getting my MBA. I'm headed to SE Asia at the end of June and will be in the area until August 4 - it'd be great to meet up if you get this message! Here's my tentative travel dates:

1. Hong Kong June 24 - July 2
    2. Malaysia July 3 - 7 (Penang first, KL the last day or two)
    3. Singapore July 8 - 13
    4. Cambodia July 14 - 20 (Angkor Wat)
    5. Laos July 21 - 26
    6. Vietnam July 27 - August 4

I have the first two weeks planned out (I work in horse racing so part of this is for post graduation job networking) but for Cambodia onwards my itinerary is really flexible, I pretty much plan to set off with hostel accommodations and my backpack and see where the trip goes.

Cheers!
    Amelia

#2 Posted: 16/5/2009 - 21:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Traveling Between May 19th and June 22nd - Help! ... By jwenger on 23 Apr 2011 5 1707 23 Apr 2011
Solo M 30 Traveling in Thailand from 22nd June onwards ... By Abhisek on 10 May 2012 2 1285 4 Jun 2013
Traveling Cambodia,Vietnam,Laos,Thailand 2nd Dec - 22nd Feb :P ... By Lance_O on 16 Nov 2012 3 1491 14 Jan 2013
26/F traveling to SE Asia in March. Living in Bay Area, CA if you want to meet up beforehand too! ... By Jess44 on 24 Jan 2012 13 1397 15 Mar 2012
Solo traveler looking for people to meet up with/ travel with- July 2013 ... By mlkittleson on 6 May 2013 4 1368 31 May 2013