Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Traveling 4 countries from May 4th to July 22nd...wanna meet up?!

Posted by kennedy0826 on 19/4/2009 at 11:58

Hellllooooo fellow travelers!

My name's Kathleen. First let me tell you a bit about myself: I'm 23-years-old. I'm originally from Chicago, IL (USA) and then moved to Oregon for university. There I studied magazine writing with an emphasis on environmental writing. In October '08 I picked up and moved to Busan, South Korea to teach English with the eventual plan of traveling SEA after my contract. Well, I couldn't wait any longer so I broke my contract and will start traveling on May 4th. (YAY!)

I'll fly into Ho Chi Min City and plan on staying there maybe about a week. I also have to fly out of Ho Chi Min end of July so my (tentative) itinerary is to travel the southern part of Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand, then weave my way North...still haven't exactly fit Laos into my trip, but it'll for sure be there! Eventually I'll find myself in Hanoi and will travel by train/bus south though Vietnam back to Ho Chi Min.

I plan to travel a lot by bus and train to cut down on travel costs as I'm on quite the budget. And as I assume the buses and trains will be a great way to see the country (but also incredibly slow), it'd be great to have someone to travel with and experience some of it with.

Ok...I'm almost done :) SO...If you'll be in the area (any area) and would like to meet up I'd love to meet you! This is particularly true if your in Ho Chi Min as I'm traveling alone and it would be lovely to meet someone cool right off the bat. (Or if you can't meet up but can offer any advice on travel routes or decent hostels/eats, that'd be appreciated as well!)

Thanks for sticking through this looooong post ;-) Hope to hear from you!!!

#1 kennedy0826 has been a member since 16/4/2009. Posts: 4

Posted by starlitdazzle on 16/5/2009 at 21:41

Hi Kathleen,

Small world - ever heard of Waterloo, Illinois? I'm Amelia, from said small town, I went to school in Louisville and I'm currently in Dubai getting my MBA. I'm headed to SE Asia at the end of June and will be in the area until August 4 - it'd be great to meet up if you get this message! Here's my tentative travel dates:

1. Hong Kong June 24 - July 2
2. Malaysia July 3 - 7 (Penang first, KL the last day or two)
3. Singapore July 8 - 13
4. Cambodia July 14 - 20 (Angkor Wat)
5. Laos July 21 - 26
6. Vietnam July 27 - August 4

I have the first two weeks planned out (I work in horse racing so part of this is for post graduation job networking) but for Cambodia onwards my itinerary is really flexible, I pretty much plan to set off with hostel accommodations and my backpack and see where the trip goes.

Cheers!
Amelia

#2 starlitdazzle has been a member since 16/5/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 3

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.