Companions forum

looking for travel buddies for Thailand, Nov. 09

• enj503

Joined Travelfish
    28th June, 2009

Am planning a solo trip to Thailand in Nov. 09. Will be there for four weeks. Looking for others to hang out/travel with. Am in my 40s and not into bars and partying. My idea of entertainment is dinner, some drinks and good conversation. Starting in Bangkok, Kanchaburi, Chang Mai, Angkor Wat then somewhere in Andaman Islands. Looking for quiet guesthouses in all these locations. Respond if you'll be in the area during that timeframe and maybe we can hook up. From Portland, Oregon, USA

#1 Posted: 8/7/2009 - 11:16

• Advertisement

• sdl68

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009

Hi

Im doing a solo trip from Oct 27-Nov 30 but im starting in Hanoi and making my way to thailand. My itinerary is far from concrete at the moment but I am thinking I will most likely be in Siem Reap sometime in mid November and then making my way to southern Thailand for a week or so before I go back home. Im 41 from Toronto Canada

#2 Posted: 13/8/2009 - 22:33

• Lakey

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2009

Hi

I'll be in Bangkok from the 12th November for a week or so but I also plan on heading over to Kanchaburi from there and then a chilled journey up to Chang Mai stopping off at a few places in between. I'm looking to book myself into New Road Guest House in Bangkok for the time I'm there. Let me know if this fits in with you?

#3 Posted: 1/9/2009 - 22:23

• CMCCARTHY

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2009

Hi,

I will be in Chiang Mai from 14-20NOV building houses and still undecided on what to do before and after. I'd be keen to compare plans and possibly meet up. Am 40 from London, UK.

#4 Posted: 6/9/2009 - 19:08

• enj503

Joined Travelfish
    28th June, 2009

Thanks for your responses. I'm sorry that I haven't responded until now.

As a solo travler on her first trip to Asia I've gone back and forth about where to do a tour or not. Today I'm thining NOT! For me part of the experience is meeting new people along the way and having the flexibility to go where I want when I want. With a tour I'm just not sure I'd be able to see and do all I wanted.

It's a bit nervewracking though. But this site offers lots of encouragement. Still it would be great to hook up with a few people that I've met online while I'm there or at least correspond and share ideas.

I'm going to be in Thailand from Oct. 30 to Nov. 26. Not quite four weeks. Because of that I've decided to spend all of my time in one country. I want to spend the first fews days (10/31 to 11/3) in Bangkok getting oriented and sightseeing. Then I plan to head to central Thailand (11/4-9) (Kanchanaburi/Sangklaburi) for a week then to the Chiang Mai area (11/10-16) for a week or so. That's a very loose plan - nothing is set in stone. From 11/16 on though, I am committed to a hotel on Phuket (Kata Beach) that I pre-booked and can't cancel. But I figure from there I can do all beach/sightseeing things.

I'd consider myself the adventurous sort - I'm looking forward to staying in some of the guest houses I've read about on Travelfish, using local transport, eating street food and doing whatever comes up. I'm planning to do some trekking and kayaking....

I'm not a partyer, not a huge drinker, nor do I want to hook up with someone for romance. That's just not on my agenda for this trip. But I do want to meet people to hang out with over dinner, ride a bus, train or elephant with, or people-watch at chatuchak market with. That would be fun.

If this seems to fit with your plans and with what you're looking for from your travel experience, feel free to drop me an email at enj503@yahoo.com.

P.S. For guesthouses in Bangkok, I'm considering Silom or off-Khao San Road areas...Lubd Guesthouse, Rambuttri Village Inn or Sam Sen Place. In Chiang Mai, I’m thinking about the Green Tulip Guest House because it’s gotten great reviews.

Sorry for the long post.

#5 Posted: 7/9/2009 - 11:29

• krabifarmst-
    ay

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009
    Location Thailand

Is staying at a farmstay where every grows their own veges and picks crops from our farm for their own meals rather than buying them someting you're interested in?

Let us know cos we need volunteers in exchange for accomodation and meals. Really quiet place, great for relaxing and getting away from it all. True Thailand is what you get where I am.

Let us know,
    Jerry

#6 Posted: 4/10/2009 - 16:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel buddies to travel to Thailand in July or August ... By asifpatel on 13 Apr 2013 33 4568 14 Jul 2013
Travel buddies wanted SE Asia (Thailand-Laos-Vietnam-Cambodia-Thailand) 22nd Nov - 1st Feb ... By LottieJ on 14 Nov 2012 0 859 14 Nov 2012
Travel Buddies for KL to Thailand ... By Fangtasia on 9 Jan 2013 4 1351 15 Jan 2014
27/f and 30/f looking for travel buddies through Thailand beaches ... By byondthsea on 26 Jul 2012 1 712 27 Jul 2012
Travel buddies in Thailand from 6th-16th, August ... By NganHoang on 5 Jul 2013 0 355 5 Jul 2013
Thailand/SE Asia travel buddies in June ... By blakeonblake on 27 Mar 2013 3 904 25 Apr 2013
24/M/Toronto looking for travel buddies! Thailand, end of Nov-March? ... By Chengstein on 3 Oct 2012 0 480 3 Oct 2012
mature female looking for travel buddies thailand november 12 ... By julesloz on 30 Oct 2012 7 2609 12 Nov 2012
22/f UK travelling to Thailand March 1st, looking for travel buddies for sea kayaking/cooking ... By ellierose on 23 Feb 2012 2 818 29 Feb 2012
33/m travel buddies for north thailand 27/01, laos couple weeks later ... By pjc on 24 Jan 2012 0 869 24 Jan 2012