Photo: There is nothing wrong with imaginary friends.

Companions forum

Melbourne to Cairns lift offer

Posted by grayman on 14/7/2009 at 13:38

Travelling from Melbourne through the outback to Cairns and returning after 6 weeks. I have a campervan (fridge, stove etc), also tent and mattresses. Staying at free camps, caravan parks, relatives and friends. Van is registered for 5 seats, but would prefer two fellow travellers. I'm leaving Melbourne on 1st September. First stop is Canberra, for a long weekend, then via the outback to Bourke, Cunnamulla, then the Matilda Highway to Charleville, Longreach, Charters Towers, Townsville and Cairns, taking it easy and seeing all the sights along the way. Stopping at markets, festivals, museums, galleries, parks, waterfalls, beaches, tourist attractions etc.
In North Queensland I'd like to see as much as possible, including rainforest and reef, scuba diving, whitewater rafting, jungle surfing, and climbing Queensland's highest mountain. I plan to take a 5 day trip by plane and 4 wheel drive to Cape York as well.
I'll be leaving Innisfail on 9th October for a quick trip back to Melbourne via Brisbane and Sydney to arrive back in Melbourne on October 15th. If we share costs it will be a very inexpensive trip. I can send you a detailed itinerary. We can meet for a get-to-know-you drink in Melbourne between August 25th and Sept 1st.

#1 grayman has been a member since 14/7/2009. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.