Companions forum

Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia 3 Months - Starting October 10

• chatz

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2009
    Location Ireland

Chatz here

Just been informed the person i was supposed to be travelling with has just dropped out. I'm 23, Irish and up for a laugh, my itinerary includes North and South Thailand, Laos (Tubbing all the way), Vietnam and Perhaps Cambodia. Just looking for people who are looking to get away from western culture, chill out, get away from recession and soak up any experiences South East Asia has to offer i.e. Tubing in Laos, Quad Biking around Koh Tao and a bit of Scuba diving that will let me.

#1 Posted: 29/8/2009 - 05:35

• Advertisement

• grap77

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2009

Hey Chatz

I'm going to be heading to Thailand starting Oct.20 til Nov.25. I plan on heading to Cambodia for a bit then Laos and winding up in the South Thailand for last couple weeks. I plan on hitting up Koh Tao to get my Scuba certification sometime around mid Nov. So if you aren't certified feel free to join me and if you are then I'd be down for some quadding or a couple brews otherwise. I'm a 22 year old Canadian guy.
    Hope to hear from ya.

#2 Posted: 2/9/2009 - 12:55

• Ignite

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2009

Chatz ; myself and two friends are doing the same countries , i'm from belgium my travelpartner aswell but he lives in London currently , we're leaving the 1st of november , so maybe we can meet up some place if ur still alone , or interested....
    Grts

#3 Posted: 2/9/2009 - 13:47

• Ignite

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2009

PS. we're both 24years old

#4 Posted: 2/9/2009 - 13:48

• chatz

Joined Travelfish
    7th March, 2009
    Location Ireland

Cheers Guys for getting back to me.
    That sounds cool grapp 77 was planning on geting my cert in diving as well for when i get to Oz. I should be in or around Chang Mai or Pai by the 20th of October if thats any use to ya, as i don't plan on staying in Bangkok any longer than i need to be, so 2-3 days tops. However was planning on being back in S. Thailand for the mid November so i'll definitely stay in touch.
    Hey Ignite, seriously we should go for scoops if were in the same area, by November i sud be in Loas/ Cambodia don't know yet but i will be ending my time in Asia in South Thailand, which will roughly be late November - Deecember (Full Moon Party and all)

#5 Posted: 2/9/2009 - 21:08

• bass_ke

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2009

I'll be around Burma in Mid Oct and heading through the South of Laos and into Vietnam around mid-late November, are you going to do much of Southern Laos?

#6 Posted: 9/9/2009 - 10:32

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

hey guys, i too am planning to be in thailand start of november and am keen to find some travel buddys (always funner to share the experience) I am 27yo aussie chick that just wants to have fun nd experience the different cultures. I have no exact plans, just gonna go with the flow and see where the wind blows me!

#7 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 16:33

• andrew81

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

I'm not following you around Rachael - honest!

Looks like quite a few people are on the same wavelength with chilling and just getting away from it all and very soon I may add - to say I am excited is a small understatement!

Never been out to SE Asia let alone solo, so it's with a equal measure of trepidation of "what if I don't meet anyone"! :)

Andrew

#8 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 00:55

• bens640

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2009

I'm going to be in SEA Oct-Nov and am looking for someone to chill with.
    I am a 22 year old American and am flying in to Bangkok on the 23 and that's all the planning i have so far:)

#9 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 03:09

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Hi! I`m brazilian, 33yo and I`m going to Bangkok 25th Otc. (stay about 4 days) and after I`m going to Cambodia (Siem R. and Phnom Penh) and Vietnam (saigon).
    I`ll go by myself and I`d like to meet new friends and maybe travel together or just a companion to drink a couple of beers :))
    Cheers!!
    Ingrid

#10 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 15:54

• Advertisement

• anthony998

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hey guys,

Heading solo to BKK tmw (20th Oct.) and am looking to chill and have some fun. Hvane't got planning my trip at all really. I've only got one thing that's a dead-set - I can take as long as I like so I'm very flexible.

Bens640, Fancy a beer on Khao San Rd.? I get into BKK on the 21st and should hopefully be settled there in a hostel. If you fancy let me know a time/date and I'll let you know where on KS Rd. If anyone else wants in on the action just get back to me on this.

Cheers,
    Anthony

#11 Posted: 19/10/2009 - 22:35

• nesshk

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

hi!

Same as all of you - travelling alone and seeking some fun cultural exploring! I'll be in Siem Reap on Wed 28th Oct for 4 days then head to Pnomh Penh just for the night. Will be in Bangkok mon (2nd Nov) arvo for 3 days.

Seems like I might be in Bangkok when you're there, Rachael. I'm from Aus too. If anyone has a similar itinerary let me know! (particularly the Siem Reap part)

#12 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 01:03

• Skimonkey

Joined Travelfish
    16th April, 2009

Guys

I'm around Bangkok now, flying out on Saturday 24th Oct, Have done the same trip most of you are planning. Thailand Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia over a 4 month period. Anyone wants to meet up for a beer, and chat about my experiences let me know.

Cheers

#13 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 12:47

• Monula

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Bangkok on 30th Oct and I'm staying for about 4 or 5 days till I get a visa sorted. Then heading up to Chiang Mai including short stops on the way...I want to stay in North of Thai for about 2 weeks or so and then heading to Laos. I'm a bit unsure to travel on my own in Laos and I'd feel much comfortable to travel with other travelers! SO give me a shout if you are heading there from around 27 Oct. Staying for a month.
    Later possible Vietnam or going straight to Cambodia.
    I wanna spend last 2 weeks in South of Thai before I go back home to Slovakia on 27th Jan.
    Would be great to meet with you guys over a drink and discuss our plans.

Cheers

Monika

#14 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 15:24

• Monula

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2009

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Bangkok on 30th Oct and I'm staying for about 4 or 5 days till I get a visa sorted. Then heading up to Chiang Mai including short stops on the way...I want to stay in North of Thai for about 2 weeks or so and then heading to Laos. I'm a bit unsure to travel on my own in Laos and I'd feel much comfortable to travel with other travelers! SO give me a shout if you are heading there from around 27 Oct. Staying for a month.
    Later possible Vietnam or going straight to Cambodia.
    I wanna spend last 2 weeks in South of Thai before I go back home to Slovakia on 27th Jan.
    Would be great to meet with you guys over a drink and discuss our plans.

Cheers

Monika

#15 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 15:25

• 0theories

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2010
    Location United States

Hi guys,

Me too :) I'll be traveling around SEA for maybe 5 months or so from Nov until Apr. I'm a firm believer that traveling solo is the best, but that's just because you get to meet a lot more people and find yourself in many interesting situations that normally don't present themselves when you're with others. That being said, I would love to meet up with people and bum around. I don't have any definite plans yet, nor even a ticket but I'm definitely going and am open to adventures. I'm 35, male, Russian but live in the USA and have traveled much. Let's stay in touch. Already getting super excited about it!

#16 Posted: 21/6/2010 - 05:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
A starting point: thailand, cambodia,laos, veitnam and indo in 6 months!?! ... By tammivalentine on 31 May 2009 6 3528 2 Jun 2009
2 months in Cambodia and Thailand starting March ... By Dafinder on 16 Oct 2013 2 498 19 Oct 2013
solo 23/M planning on thailand, laos, vietnam, cambodia and maybe malaysia starting 29Dec. ... By robbell on 16 Dec 2011 8 2015 16 Jan 2012
The Region: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam October (ish) 2008 ... By Si84 on 7 Jul 2007 1 2069 8 Jul 2007
Thailand/Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam October 2012 forward... ... By HollyOdaravla on 5 Aug 2012 5 1611 29 Aug 2012
North Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia - English 31/F - October & November ... By katiepeeps on 17 Aug 2012 2 1344 18 Aug 2012
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia - 3 months ... By rossco on 25 Jul 2011 0 2933 25 Jul 2011
5 months Thailand Laos Cambodia Vietnam and.... ... By DicoR on 28 Aug 2014 1 230 29 Aug 2014
2 months in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam AND Indonesia ... By mar571 on 9 Nov 2010 15 9502 25 Nov 2010
June start 3/4 months Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore- Help please!! ... By JayeAC on 15 May 2013 7 2529 6 Mar 2014