Companions forum

LP: Looking for companions for special 1-day tour

• lennybruce

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2008
    Location Netherlands

I am going to be in LP on Oct 25 - Oct 30 and have found an unusual and therefore pricey 1 day tour from a very good and special tour organizer that I know from my visits to Cambodia. I am wandering if I can find any companions (2 - 3) to bring the cost down. Here's the info:

" Luang Prabang – Life on the Mekong

Today you’ll escape the tourist hubs in town and see Luang Prabang through local eyes. First, you will drive up the Mekong to the village of Pak Ou. From here board a small boat and take a tour of the local fishing area, checking traps with the fisherman along the way and collecting any fish you might find. You will then cross the Mekong by small boat to visit the small village of Ban Mueng Keo, known for its production of Lao whiskey. Here you will receive a demonstration of the whiskey-making process by a local Lao Lao producer. And if you’re up for it, sample the finished product for an early morning punch!. Then travel downstream to visit the Pak Ou Caves, famous for the thousands of Buddha statues left inside by passerby. Return to Ban Pak Ou, where the former village chief and his family will cook you a Lao-style lunch and you’ll learn about dining customs and etiquette. After lunch, board a long tail boat and travel along the Mekong for a scenic ride until you reach the small weaving village of Ban Phone Xay, where you’ll receive a weaving demonstration and have a chance to purchase handmade items directly from the source. Learn the story behind who really makes the beautiful textiles sold at the night market! You’ll be the only tourist in town who knows the real story behind the bottles of Lao Lao, the grilled Mekong fish and the night market stalls."

Price:

2 pax: $86.50 p.p.

3 pax: $64.50 p.p

4pax: $54.00 p.p

If interested please email me Leonard {att} angkortuktuk . net for more info.

Cheers.

#1 Posted: 18/9/2009 - 15:33

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
A special place to buy special gifts & home decors from Vietnam ... By tdboutique on 5 Jul 2012 0 1027 5 Jul 2012