Companions forum

Jan '10

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hi all,

My names Chris I am 24 from The UK

I’m travelling out to Thailand Jan 11th for a 2 month stay, the plan was to travel with a friend but got let down. I’m not really looking for someone to come with me for the full trip as i know people want to do different things. Will give a little run down of things i have in mind, and if anyone is interested in tagging along feel free to contact me.

Arrive Bangkok 12th Jan spend a week or so unplanned going where the wind takes me. maybe go north to Chang Mai.

22nd start a slow trip down to Koh Phangan to get ready for the full moon party on the 30th Jan, want to stop off a few places on the way, no real plans where but if i can spend the odd night here and there just to get around i will be happy.

my only other plan is to volunteer, again I have nothing set in stone. There is loads of places I want to go and things I really want to do but I am going with the attitude of I will take it how it comes. I think because I’m not really planning a whole lot I am hoping to meet people and to share experiences with them instead of sticking to a plan I am keen to experience other peoples suggestions.

For those that are interested in meeting up to travel/snorkel/party etc with please feel free to contact me.

#1 Posted: 5/10/2009 - 03:20

• Advertisement

• JunglistSol-
    ja

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009

Hey,

I'm a 28/m Canadian and am going to in on Kopangan for the full moon party on the 30th, hopefully the half moon in the Jungle on the 5th of Feb aswell. We should hook up and get some chicks bud.

#2 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 03:39

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hi mate,

yeah up for meeting up at the full moon party, might stay on for the half moon, but going to do my PADI diving at some point while im there. u travelling on your own?

#3 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 04:29

• JunglistSol-
    ja

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009

Hey,

Yes I'm going to be traveling on my own, for about 8 months. I start out in Australia for 2 months, then make my way to Singapore and into Thailand on the Jan 25. From there I'm doing the rest of SE Asia, to then make my way up to Beijing only to fly to South Korea on May 9th, Japan on May 29th and the Philippines June 18th. I myself don't really have any concrete plans other then the places I must be at for my flights. Whilst in Australia I would like to get my PADI Open water and Advanced scuba training. May be heading to KoTao aswell depending on how I enjoy it in aussie land.
    Have you done much traveling in the past?

#4 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 00:29

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Sounds like you have a wicked itinerary, a little jealous!

yeah Ko Tao is where i plan on doing my PADI and maybe Advanced training, dont want to hold back while im in thailand money wise so don't want to book the Advanced training and leave myself short for the rest of my travels.

No not done much travelling in the past, got stuck in a job at an early age and was pretty content for far too long, got made redundant early this year which is why im now taking full advantage.

#5 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 01:08

• JunglistSol-
    ja

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009

I started work pretty young myself, actually run my own business at the moment, but am shutting it down before I leave. "Stupid Recession"

In Australia there they offer the open water and advanced over a 6 day course, only costs an extra $200 with 1 extra day of training for the advanced. I'm guessing it's fairly similar to Ko Tao. have you decided which company you are going with?

#6 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 02:29

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Was thinking of going with Ayesha and Wilco that i have seen on here, its around £190 for the PADI and around £160 for the Advanced training, which when looking at doing them in English waters looks quite reasonable. The Advanced course is over 5 days so hoping for abit more dive time. do you set off to Australia in Nov? you going to the east coast? I cant wait to set off, working nights at the min to save, its a pain but it will be all worth it. If your on facebook you can add me if you look up chrisjefferson_uk@hotmail.com.

#7 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 02:56

• JunglistSol-
    ja

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009

I'm flying into Melbourne on Dec 2nd and would like to see Tasmania before making my way to Sydney. I think I'm gonna fly from Sydney to Cairns sometime around X-Mas/New Years which is where I plan to do the Scuba. It's gonna be tight but if I plan myself right I'm sure I can make the time, hey I'm on vacation right.
    Dude I would like to leave right now also, my tickets have been bought and my bag is like half packed already. lol. Drum and Bass is my style of music, Jungle in the Jungle oh man!
    I don't use facebook much but I'll look you up as I'm sure I'll be using it more and more along my journey. My E-mail is JunglistSolja@Gmail.com

#8 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 04:23

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

yeah D&B is where im at with music, and love a good rave, thats making me think staying on for the half moon party seems like a good idea!

#9 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 13:29

• lpartington

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Hey guys, Lindsay 26 from Canada. Just wondering where you can find details on the full and half moon parties? I will be getting into Bangkok around the 27th to 28th of Jan and would love to be able to make one of those. Thanks :)

#10 Posted: 21/10/2009 - 23:48

• Advertisement

• JunglistSol-
    ja

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009

Hey Lindsay,
    There is a full moon party on the beach on Jan 30th and a half moon in the Jungle on Feb 5th. If you would like to stay on Ko Phangan I would suggest arriving 5 days before the party, well that is what every book says I have read about the place. Google Full moon parties and you should bee able to find the website that has all the dates and times of all the parties for the year. Where in Canada are you from? I'm from the Greater Toronto Area. How long are you planning on staying in Thailand?

#11 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 00:21

• lpartington

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Thanks for replying :) I will get googling these parties. It just makes me a little nervous being a blonde girl over there all by myself. I'm sure if I arrived early enough though I would meet people to party with and stay safe with! Do you have accommodations booked already? I read somewhere there are boats from other places to the island too. I'm from Victoria. I have to be back here to start school by the start of March and don't have a flight booked back yet so still have to figure all that out, but will be between Thailand, Laos and Cambodia for the month of Feb. Also doing Costa Rica for Jan.

#12 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 01:34

• JunglistSol-
    ja

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009

Hey ya no problem, I myself am going to be traveling Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Korea and Japan alone, I know how you feel.
    No I have not booked anything yet, I'm gonna wait till I get there, But to find a good spot I want to make sure to get there good and early. Yes one can take a boat from Ko Samui which could end up being a good idea depending on the size of the party. Jeff and I are going to be meeting up there you should meet up with us at the full moon party.
    After the parties on the beach I'm planning on taking the slow boat into Laos from northern Thailand, I've heard it's fun and it would be kinda cool to have a travel buddy for abit.
    If you like you can fire me of an e-mail @ JunglistSolja@Gmail.com

#13 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 05:54

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hi Lindsay,

Im hoping to get to the full moon party 4-5 days before the event, already very excited. Im like a kid knowing christmas is on its way. Are you wanting to get to the full moon party?

As Mark said we're planning on meeting up in Koh Phangan and your more then welcome to join us. I'v been told that the days before and after the party can be just as good as the Party night itself, so really wanting to stay on Koh Phangan and not have to travel too far.

#14 Posted: 22/10/2009 - 13:41

• lpartington

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

Hey again guys,

K cool, lets definitely meet up. I for sure want to make it for the full moon party and was even thinking about staying around for the half one on the 5th, but not too sure yet. The more I got looking around, I definitely want to stay on the island too. Here's a good site for places to stay: http://phanganhotel.com/ and it has a map of the different beaches. I probably won't be getting to the island until the 29th or maybe even 30th so was thinking I should probably book something ahead of time. http://phanganhotel.com/coral/index.php OR http://phanganhotel.com/bluelotus/index.php don't make you stay 5 or 7 days beforehand.

My email is lindsaypartington@yahoo.ca, we can continue chattin 3-way email maybe?? Or I'm on facebook if that's easier.

Glad to have already met some people prior to getting there!!

#15 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 00:01

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hey,

Will add you on facebook, least that way we know who we are looking for :o) and onto my Email list. Cheers for them site links.

Jeff

#16 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 23:19

• dna__2

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2009

hey lindsay I'm going to the same places you are too (different times but I got not solid plans anyways), I'm from Van. if you want to meetup too give me a shout. I'm trying to find a TB as well. Im usually on travbuddy.com or couchsurfing.org under same name.

#17 Posted: 24/10/2009 - 04:28

• lpartington

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2009

For sure, the more the merrier! Email me or add me on FB and we'll go from there.

#18 Posted: 26/10/2009 - 01:40

• dna__2

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2009

Lindsay,

I don't think theres anyway of seeing your email or FB, so just email me your facebook. dna__2@hotmail.com

#19 Posted: 27/10/2009 - 06:37

• dna__2

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2009

nm i failed to read the messages in more detail. added you on fb

#20 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 05:18

• dna__2

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2009

Do the other people here have FB?

#21 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 06:21

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

hey,

yeah i have facebook, can add me on chrisjefferson_uk@hotmail.com Keep me updated on ur plans, you going to the full moon party at the end of Jan?

#22 Posted: 28/10/2009 - 14:36

• JunglistSol-
    ja

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2009

Hey ya my E-mail is JunglistSolja@G-mail.com, coincidentally if you plug that into facebook you can find me as well although I'm not much of a avid user of the website.

#23 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 06:49

• Deuce232

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2010

Looks like you guys are assembling quite a group in southern Thailand at the end of January. I plan to be in the area. Let me know what you guys are up to.

I'm a 27 year old American guy on his first real backpacking tour. I'm traveling with a friend until the last week of january. After that i have decisions to make. We head to Chang Mai on the 6th of Jan (for five days or so?) and plan to head to Laos from there. His trip ends in KL in early feb so we intend to head south from laos (by way of cambodia) and back into southern Thailand in time for him to get back. So thats me. I'm always keen to meet people or exchange info and experience.

Drop me a line at deuce232@yahoo.com or reply here.

-clint

#24 Posted: 4/1/2010 - 15:35

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hi Clint,

Yeah im heading into Bangkok on the 18th, staying there with a couple of friends for a few days then heading south maybe to Koh Tao for a few days then to Koh Phangan for a week maybe two, When you get back to Thailand will that be right at the start of Feb? Im happy to meet up with everyone for a drink or few, maybe plan a trip somewhere, im pretty open minded where my travels are gonna go from there to be honest, so if people have plans and want company i will prob be up for it.

To everyone else on here Inc Mark and Lyndsay give me a shout to where your going to be, my emails chrisjefferson_uk@hotmail.com Clint you can find me on facebook from there.

#25 Posted: 4/1/2010 - 15:59

• Jleef

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

I may have to meet up with some of you guys for the full moon! Don't have any plans at this point further than knowing I'll be in Thailand for up to 60 days from Jan 13th before moving on to Vietnam, but definitely think I ought to do one of the beach parties at some point during my time in Asia.

I'm 29/m from UK and this'll be my first major travelling trip - can't wait! People can add me up on facebook with jam1kenobi atgmaildotcom =)

#26 Posted: 4/1/2010 - 21:21

• Fabboo

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2010

Hi Everyone!

My name's Fabian, 26 from South Africa

Pretty much have the same plans as everyone else here! Landing in bangkok on the 24th and then gonna make my way down to the fullmoon party on the 30th!

Travelling by myself, so would love to meet up with like minded travellers.

I think you can find me on facebook with this email.... fabian@injozi.biz

Fabian

#27 Posted: 4/1/2010 - 23:38

• rachh2411

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010

Hi all

Are any of you still going to be in Thailand on the 28th May - 4th June? Im over for a week following a work trip to Singapore....it was all a bit spur of the moment and I have my fligths booked but thats about it!

Cheers
    Rach

#28 Posted: 7/1/2010 - 19:53

• jeffuk

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hello again everyone,

For those wanting to join us at the full moon party this month my email is chrisjefferson_uk@hotmail.com can find me on facebook there. Its prob the best place to contact me as its the site i check the most.

I fly home on the 18th of March Rach but there's every chance i will be flying back to thailand at some point this year. will let you know.

Jeff

#29 Posted: 8/1/2010 - 02:12

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.