Companions forum

Starting thailand nov09, wants travel buddys

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

hey I am a 27yo aussie chick doing south east asia solo on my way back to oz from london starting beginning nov up until christmas but not to keen on doing it alone! Im up for any new adventures, i really dont have a plan just gonna see where i end up! So I am looking for people to share the experience with!

#1 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 16:38

• Advertisement

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Hello Rachel!

I`m brazilian but in Sydney since Feb. 2009 and I`m going to Bangkok in 25th Oct and after 3 or 4 days I`ll go to Cambodja. What are your plans?

#2 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 17:11

• Lakey

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2009

Hi

I'll be starting my trip around SEA in Nov. Also travelling solo and keen to meet up with some people to travel parts with. I'll be in Bangkok from 16th Nov for 5 nights and then heading off to Kanchanaburi for the festival there before making my way up to Chang Mai.

I'm 30 and from just outside London. Looking for people to a have a few beers with along the way!!

#3 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 18:10

• andrew81

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

My first post!

I am also travelling solo around SE Asia starting Nov 2nd from HK, arriving in Bangkok on Nov 6th. Meeting a couple of friends in BKK, and then sort of thinking of heading to the east side and some beach chilling.

Haha, I am trying to find a way to word this without it sounding like a 'personal ad'!! Anyway, 28, from Bristol and am headed on a 1-year Aus visa from February. Just looking forward to getting away from dreary England and having fun/meeting new people, so yeah, if we have a group here, maybe we can all meet up!

Andrew

#4 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 00:49

• maleika

Joined Travelfish
    7th October, 2009

Hey I am also traveling SE Asia solo starting in Bangkok on the 12th of November flying from London. I have no real plans but was thinking of heading up north to Chang Mai, then into Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia. Then after SE asia going on to Australia.

I am 25 from London/Yorkshire. Would be cool to meet up with some people as I am a little bit anxious doing the whole thing as a solo female traveler.

Katie

#5 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 03:22

• mandor700

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2009

Hi,
    I'm in a group for 3 Kiwis all flying into Bkk on the 15th of November, then on through Cambodia and Vietnam and back fo Bkk in time for christmas.
    We're all 20years old, 2 guys and a girl, on a pretty laid back jaunt through SEA.

Churr,
    Ben

#6 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 04:45

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

hi guys, thansk for all your replys! My email is rahaelfeming@yahoo.com.au if you wanna chat on facebook!

Katie - I was planning to book my ticket around that time so could be perfect, add me on facebook or send me and email and maybe we could even hook up for a beer before hand (so much better knowing I wont be alone as im not to keen on the solo female traveller idea either!). I am living in london atm. Our itinries sound crazily similar!

Lakey - that festival sounds like could be interesting.. what is it??

Andrew - dont worry we all sound like personal adds, i guess they kinda are

look forward to chatting with you guys about this further!

#7 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 23:11

• wanderingwa-
    lters

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hi

I'm Adam from Leeds, England. Travelling alone to SE Asia for the first time on 8th November (31 Days to go WHOO). I arrive into Bangkok on the 9th but i'm flying up to Luang Parabang straight away. So if your, or anyone else, is around it would be good to meet for a cheeky few drinks.

Adam!

#8 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 00:05

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

oohps, my email is rachaelfleming@yahoo.com.au

look forwar to chatting soon

#9 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 01:54

• Boston_Matt

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2009

Hey Everyone!

This seems to be turning into a "we're all going to Thailand at the same time, so lets meet up for a beer" posting! I'm flying from NYC to BKK Nov 18 - Dec 9, traveling solo and looking to meet TONS of other travelers along the way!

Lakey, the River Kwai Bridge festival is definately on my itinerary, and then I'm either shipping up to Chiang Mai on an overnight, then flying to Phuket, or cutting out Chiang Mai completely to cut out running around and lower costs.

Anyone going to be in Ko Phangan for the Full Moon Party Dec 2nd?

Reach me at matthewgottwald@gmail.com so we can grab a beer?

And to follow suit, I'm a 26 guy out of Boston looking to discover Thailand the right way!

#10 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 03:45

• Advertisement

• donmillerx

Joined Travelfish
    26th August, 2009

Hello... 32 yr-old bartender from the states arriving 11/3, staying 1 month, hoping to see Angkor, & Saigon as well Thailand. Would love to meet up with some people and share stories over dinner or a taxi ride to the border ;)
    Drinks are on me!
    -Cheers
    Donnie
    donmillerx@gmail.com

#11 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 13:05

• Lakey

Joined Travelfish
    29th July, 2009

It's nice to hear that so many other people are going it alone and up for meeting over a few beers, makes me feel a little less apprehensive about things!

Rachael - The festival in Kanchanaburi is at the River Kwai Bridge and they apparently have a good sound & light show on there at the end of November / early December.

Matt - Would be goo to travel to Kanchanaburi together if we can get our dates the same. I'll be looking to travel there around the 22nd November but flex a few days after that if needed.

My email is benofthelakes@googlemail.com if anyone wants to get in touch

#12 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 16:39

• Cooli

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2009

Hey Rachael,

my name is Nicole, myself and two good friends are heading over to SE asia on the 11th of nov, flying into KL and backpacking up to thailand up the west coast checking out the islands. really want to get over to cambodia and vietnam but we'll see how things pan out.

our aim is to be in ko phangan for the full moon party, you should def come party with us at some stage.

#13 Posted: 18/10/2009 - 11:36

• preboo

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

Hey Rachel and everyone else

My name is Petter I am 33yers old, Swedish but I have lived in London for the last 4 years. Ill be flying out of London to Bangkok on Sunday the 25th of October and I be staying in Asia until December 9.

I am also traveling on my own but it would be great to meet up with people along the way, for drinks or to do parts of the journey with..
    I really don't have much of a plan at all. I just ended my work contract here in London and thought I have a long holiday before going back to Sweden.
    I am thinking of going down to Ko Tao first and take some Padi diving courses and relax a bit, the island looks beautiful and supposed to be great diving there. They have a gym with Thai Boxing courses so maybe I try that as well. After that I thought I travel through Vietnam and Cambodia before ending the trip with a few days in Bangkok. That River Kwai festival sounds interesting to.

Here is my email, would be great to get in touch
    prebooo@gmail.com

Cheers
    -Petter

#14 Posted: 19/10/2009 - 06:29

• morts46

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

hey guys im a 25 yo brit from up north and am also a lone traveller heading out mid nov and was thinking going south to do the islands and full moon party for new year then head to krabi and get train/flight back up towards chain mai with a few stops on the way then its off to laos cambodia, vietnam i also have a WHV for asutrailia so any one with similar plans or fancys meeting up for a few beers would be great to hear from you oli
    olimorton@rocketmail.com

#15 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 19:03

• enigmasim

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

Hi Rachel,

I'll be in Thailand from 19th to 24th of Nov. Will u be there during that?

#16 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 19:43

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Hi Peter and Enigmasim,
    I`m going to Bangkok tomorrow as well, about 3:30pm.
    I booked my first night in Shambara (in Koah San Rd).
    If you wanna take a beer or maybe do some tour together, let me know.
    Cheers,
    Ingrid

#17 Posted: 24/10/2009 - 05:58

• enigmasim

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

Hi Ingrid,

Thanks. till when you'll be there in thailand? n what your contact?

#18 Posted: 24/10/2009 - 10:49

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Hi Enigmasim!
    My mobile I can`t use there.
    Maybe we can try meet in this guest house tomorrow at night...
    I`ll arrive at 3h30pm and I'll try go to weekend market. Maybe at night we can meet for a beer.
    My e-mail is ischerer@hotmail.com
    What is your name?
    Ingrid

#19 Posted: 24/10/2009 - 19:31

• enigmasim

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

He Ingrid, sent u a mail..

#20 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 00:18

• preboo

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

Hey Ingrid. My flight is in the evening on the 25th so I land the evening of the 26th in Bangkok, let me know if you will still be around.

Does anyone here know if there is any kind of "pay as you go" mobile phone sim card that are available in Thailand and maybe some of you all ready had time to try one out? It would be good to have a number while traveling around, make it a bit easier to meet up with people.

I hope you all have a great trip and that I meet some of you in Asia as well.
    -Petter

#21 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 03:50

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

cooli... do you have facebook? add me and we'll chat and try work a meeting point!

#22 Posted: 3/11/2009 - 23:07

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

adam from leeds, yo got an email?? or facebook?

#23 Posted: 3/11/2009 - 23:08

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

ingrid, just added you on facebook

morts, def be doing full moon party, i get nto bankok on the 12th ;)

#24 Posted: 3/11/2009 - 23:13

• wanderingwa-
    lters

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hey Rachael

Yeah my email is walters2001@gmail.com. either mail me or add me on facebook.

Ad

#25 Posted: 3/11/2009 - 23:27

• morts46

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

rachael
    what are ur plans after bangkok ur going to full moon so where you gonna be around the 22nd nov ????

#26 Posted: 4/11/2009 - 08:48

• mandor700

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2009

Hi all,
    We're going to be in Bangkok from the 15th-18th of Nov and then again from the 22nd-25th of December. Times in between we will be making out way across Cambodia and Vietnam.
    My email is benjamin.rodenburg.moore@gmail.com anyone keen on meeting up feel free to add me on facebook.

#27 Posted: 4/11/2009 - 09:17

• morts46

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

cooli whats ur facebook addy if u have one or e mail ????
    a few beers along the way maybe ??? hit me with an e mail !!

#28 Posted: 4/11/2009 - 09:54

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi Rachel,

Now I'm in Vietnam and I'm going to go back to Thailand (islands) in 12th november. Will u be there?

#29 Posted: 6/11/2009 - 13:01

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

ingrid, i get in on the 12th to bankok... so def be keen to catch up. i think i added you on facebook....? keep in touch

#30 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 04:39

• Chicky_82

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2009

Hey, what a great group this is.
    My friend Jackie and I are arriving in Bangkok on 12/11, both from Australia. We're staying the first night in Bangkok, then be making our way up north to Chiang Mai, then head south to Phuket, and make our way to Phi Phi and Koh Lanta, would be great to catch up....
    Annette

#31 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 08:29

• preboo

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

Hey

I read about the flooding in Vietnam, are you O.K Ingrid?
    I decided not to go when I saw the news, I'm leaving Ko Tao now for Ko Samui so give me a shout if you get down here.
    If anyone is thinking of doing some diving in Ko Tao I can really recommend Bahns diving resort, great instructors.

Have a nice

#32 Posted: 9/11/2009 - 09:59

• Cooli

Joined Travelfish
    14th October, 2009

hey Rachael, i already added you :)

and my facebook addy is www.facebook.com/cooli

i'm leaving tomorrow arriving in KL tomorrow night so prob be at the south islands by the weekend..

add me friends!

#33 Posted: 10/11/2009 - 11:24

• Ingrids

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi preboo!
    I'm in Saigon now and the weather is very good! :) I think that it happened in the north!
    I'm going to Bangkok tomorrow and I'll take the train at night to go to Ko Samui. Is somebody with the same plann??
    Cheers!
    Ingrid

#34 Posted: 10/11/2009 - 23:19

• dabooh

Joined Travelfish
    11th November, 2009

Hi all!

Since everyone seems to be trying to synchronize itineraries, here's another option:
    I will arrive in BKK at nov 18th in the morning. I will have my first drinks that morning somewhere in the Soi Rambutri area, where i will be staying. So if anyone wants to join and have a chat, feel free to visit!

as for the personal ad thing: 31yo Dutch guy, solo travelling SEA for one month. I have no clear itinerary besides visiting Laos and try to manage to make it on time for FMP at dec 2nd. Oh and i am exceptionally easy-going.

Seems like most people intend to go to Ko Pha-Ngan, so maybe set up a meeting point on Hat Rin? what about that?

Anyway, if anyone is interested in some company along the way, add me at: http://www.facebook.com/tobias.v.dijk

cheers

#35 Posted: 11/11/2009 - 06:00

• fwen

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

Hey were 2 lassies from Scotland in thailand 28th nov-20Dec,. then flying out too sydney.

We are 2 laid back up for a laugh an a beer kinda girls!!

We are also heading south 11st and going to the 2nd December party.

We love meeting new people so would be great to meet up with some folk.

Emma-Jane

xx

#36 Posted: 12/11/2009 - 21:30

• Boston_Matt

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2009

Hey All!

So it's coming down to the wire, leaving in 4 days on Tuesday the 17th, landing the 19th in BKK. The jist of my trip will be Bangkok, Kachanaburi, Phuket, Phi Phi, Krabi/Railay, Ko Phangan (Full Moon Party Dec 2), Ko Tao, then train back to BKK to head home on Dec 9th. If anyone wants to meet up for a beer, contact me on facebook: mwg005@jwu.edu

I already said it above, but 26 y/o guy from Boston traveling solo.

Cheers!
    Matt

#37 Posted: 13/11/2009 - 05:39

• Rlowry76

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

Thought I might as well jump in here and see if anyone may have a similar schedule. I've been in Thailand for a bit over a month, currently staying in Banglamphu (soi Rambutri) and plan on heading to Cambodia in a week or 2. Was wondering if anyone would want to join? It would be great to meet some new friends along the way and to do the border crossing and travel to Siem Reap with someone as opposed to going it solo.
    As far as personal info goes my name is Ryan and I'm 27yr old chef from the states (Florida.) I'm laid back as hell and very easy going.
    Feel free to email at Rlowry76@gmail.com
    Perhaps meet up for a drink if you're in the Banglamphu area.

#38 Posted: 14/11/2009 - 02:38

• Rlowry76

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2009

Thought I might as well jump in here and see if anyone may have a similar schedule. I've been in Thailand for a bit over a month, currently staying in Banglamphu (soi Rambutri) and plan on heading to Cambodia in a week or 2. Was wondering if anyone would want to join? It would be great to meet some new friends along the way and to do the border crossing and travel to Siem Reap with someone as opposed to going it solo.
    As far as personal info goes my name is Ryan and I'm 27yr old chef from the states (Florida.) I'm laid back as hell and very easy going.
    Feel free to email at Rlowry76@gmail.com
    Perhaps meet up for a drink if you're in the Banglamphu area.

#39 Posted: 14/11/2009 - 02:50

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

hey everyone.... so i finally have a LOOSE plan. Kaite and I have joined up, as well as andrew too now, but only for a limited time as he is goin south. Katie and i are in chang mai ant moment staying at sk guesthouse junior, its cheap but does the job, double room 300baht between us! So anyone feel like meeting up we will be here for at least another 4 nights, then we will be around the north for a bit (no exact dates) and then head to laos, vietnam, cambodia then back to bangkok to head on a bus south to kho phangan full moon party new years eve (if u keen for this book as soon as possible). We are staying kho phangan holiday beach resort from 30th - 3rd. Found the price reasonable for that time of year,its in the area of bantai... so thats all i know, hope to see some or all of yo along the way. The more the merrier!

x

#40 Posted: 16/11/2009 - 17:33

• RowD88

Joined Travelfish
    17th November, 2009

Hey all!

Travelling to thailand for 5wks..arriving in bangkok on the 18th of nov. planing to stay there for about 3nights then head south to explore some of the islands and ofcourse koh phanghan for the FMP!!

would also like to see some of the north after this before returning to bangkok.Would really like some travel company if anyone has a plan similar??

By the way names Rowena,22 and from Ireland..add me on facebook{Rowena Danagher} if anyones interested in travelling with me or just meeting for a drink!

Cheers

Cheers

#41 Posted: 17/11/2009 - 03:09

• morts46

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

hey people i am 25 from england n i arrive in bangkok on the 21st n staying in bangkok for about 4 days then im going south to see some of the islands ending up in have no hostel booked yet but going to samui late december n going to kho phangan full moon party new years eve ???

love to meet up with everyone
    add me facebook oli morton

#42 Posted: 17/11/2009 - 08:35

• rachael27

Joined Travelfish
    28th September, 2009

Heading into Laos by boat (regretting now afetr I hear all the horror stories bout speed boats). Nontheless, if i make it there alive I arrive on the 28th Nov. Anyone be around then?? Be glad to meet up with someone for a beer or 10 after this I think!

Also thinking of doing the tubing although not 100%. Anyone been lately?? What kind of age group is it that goes?

#43 Posted: 26/11/2009 - 13:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
26/F S.E.A travel buddys please xx ... By bekkismi on 22 Jan 2012 4 867 23 Jan 2012
Travel Buddys wanted!! April-July ... By jleonard on 12 Jan 2011 23 3348 16 May 2011