Companions forum

23 Year old Irish male heading to Thailand + the rest of SEA and Australia until the money runs out

• anthony998

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Hey there,

While this may be my first post on TF I have been a regular visitor to the site and reader of forum discussions.

I'm a 23 year old Irish male from Belfast and I'm heading to Bangkok on the 20th of Oct. 2009. I'm easy-going, like a drink (well, I am Irish), doing activities and generally having a good time. I haven't really got a plan for what I'm going to do (I'm just going to see how things go and go with the flow).

I intend to go to the following countries: Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Hong Kong (maybe China aswell) before heading into Australia.

I've got a NIV with multiple entries for Thailand and a 1 year WHV for Oz so I am in no rush whatsoever. I'll only return home when I've either got bored (not likely) or run out of dough. :)

If you're up for grabbing a beer, travelling or what not give me a shout and we'll see if something works out.

Oh, sorry, one last thing. What am I looking to get out of this as its my first time travelling on my own? An insight into other cultures, to see the sights, learn some more Thai (been listening to Pimsleurs Thai audio tapes) and make new friends.

Hit me up if you're interested.

Cheers,

Anthony

#1 Posted: 6/10/2009 - 22:05

• Advertisement

• Dylan

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2009

Hey,

I'm a 23-year-old guy (and current Manhattan resident) planning a 3-month long solo excusrion to SE Asia. My plan roughly coincides with yours--arrive in Thailand (bangkok) on Nov. 3, then spend roughly a month in Thailand, Laos and Vietnam, respectively.

I am actually applying for PhD programs in American History--specifically, social and cultural history as it relates to our involvement in Vietnam--so I'm interested in an "authentic" (problematic, I know) experience in the less-trammelled parts of Indochina.

Since I left my corporate job late this summer, I plan on a very loose itinerary, with plenty of time for relaxing/exploration.

Let me know if this sounds cool...

#2 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 05:00

• grap77

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2009

Hey anthony,

I'm 22 year old guy from Canada and I arrive in Bangkok on the 20th of Oct as well. I'm only in SEA till the 25th of Nov. but if you want to meet up and grab a beer, I'd be game. Its my first time traveling alone so it would be nice to have someone to talk to once I get there.

If your interested let me know
    the email's: g_rapson@hotmail.com or drop a response on here

Have a good one

#3 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 14:17

• anthony998

Joined Travelfish
    5th October, 2009

Grap,

That sounds good. I'll e-mail you when I get back to Ireland and have access to my personal e-mail address. I'm currently working away from home at the minute and leave my job on Friday so I'll give you a shout then.

Have you got any idea where you're staying etc.? I've made no plans as of this moment in time and am wondering if you have heard of anywhere that's been reccommended?

Anthony

#4 Posted: 7/10/2009 - 22:16

• wanderingwa-
    lters

Joined Travelfish
    16th July, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hi

I'm Adam from Leeds, England. Travelling alone to SE Asia for the first time on 8th November (31 Days to go WHOO). I arrive into Bangkok on the 9th but i'm flying up to Luang Parabang straight away. So if your, or anyone else, is around it would be good to meet for a cheeky few drinks.

Adam!

#5 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 00:05

• grap77

Joined Travelfish
    2nd September, 2009

Anthony

At the moment I dont have anything planned at all. I arrive pretty late I think around 11 at night and then I think I'm gonna head right on over to Kaoh San road and find a place to stay. I think I'm only gonna be in Bangkok for a couple days before heading on to Cambodia but like I said I am really up for anything and am gonna be super flexible.

Cheers

#6 Posted: 8/10/2009 - 13:04

• morts46

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

now then anthony i am a 25 yeal old northener and i have exactly the same plan as you pal i am heading to bangkok mid nov and staying in bangkok a few days then was gonna go south to samui koh tau and a few more islands spend new year in samui and go to full moon party was there last year and its the dogs bollox !!!! then go to krabi and get the train back up north stopping along the way ending up in chaing mai then across into laos etc if you fancy a few cheeky beers somewhere along the way give me a shout
    oli
    olimorton@rocketmail.com

#7 Posted: 23/10/2009 - 18:42

• morts46

Joined Travelfish
    23rd October, 2009

anthony get in touch pal at my e mail or hit me on facebook oli morton !!!

#8 Posted: 4/11/2009 - 09:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
24 y/o male from Canada - Heading to Thailand in September until whenever... ... By allfiredup on 8 Mar 2011 0 1570 8 Mar 2011
26yo Irish male in SE Asia 20 Dec-20Jan ... By ka88 on 18 Oct 2010 0 1415 18 Oct 2010
22yr old irish male arriving in singapore 17th jan ... By liamog on 6 Jan 2010 1 1228 18 Jan 2010
Irish Male Travelling from Hanoi to Saigon on motorbike 26Oct -20Nov ... By Colin23 on 5 Oct 2010 1 2024 6 Oct 2010
22 y/o solo male from Canada - Heading south from Laos to Indonesia Feb-April ... By alreadythere on 25 Jan 2011 0 1449 25 Jan 2011
25 year old male travel in Cambodia May 13-May 30 ... By Bocomo on 12 May 2010 0 1460 12 May 2010
22 year old male traveling to Cambodia for the first time! ... By ihoopjazz on 5 Nov 2010 26 7782 1 Feb 2011
Cheap living - travelling alone - 21 year old male. ... By twistedsignal on 22 Mar 2013 5 2570 25 Mar 2013
24 year old male from the US traveling SE Asia may 2011 ... By ryanm24 on 27 Apr 2011 3 2020 27 Apr 2011
22 year old male traveling to Laos for the first time! ... By ihoopjazz on 5 Nov 2010 14 4375 1 Jan 2011