Companions forum

Travel plans April - June 2010

• amylou

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

Hi I am planning a 3 month trip through Cambodia, Vietnam & Thailand in April 2010 & wondered if anyone has any similar plans for next year? I am a 25y/o female from UK, currently living in NZ & spent a year in OZ. I will be returning to UK after Asia. I have been looking at organised tours but not really that keen on doing the typical tourist thing! Does anyone have any suggestions, advise or similar plans? cheers, A

#1 Posted: 3/12/2009 - 09:28

• Advertisement

• lexylegs

Joined Travelfish
    16th June, 2009

Hi amylou

I am a 24 yr old girl from the UK currently in Oz until the end of February. My plans are then to fly over to Singapore and then work my way up by land through SE Asia. Haven't got a definite route yet but am thinking Malaysia/Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam/Laos and back to the UK from Thailand at the end of June. I know it's only a vaguely similar plan to your but similar all the same. Let me know if you want to speak more about it.

:)

#2 Posted: 4/12/2009 - 18:00

• amylou

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

Hey, cheers for getting in touch - yea pretty similar plan to me. Have you travelled SE Asia before? Def keep in touch as it would be great to travel with someone or meet somewhere. Have you booked any flights yet? A :-)

#3 Posted: 5/12/2009 - 06:36

• magella82

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2009

Hey there, My name is Elle and I'm a 27 year old Aussie, will be heading to SEA on my own in March for a couple of months. I've been to Thailand before and am hoping to get to laos, vietnam and cambodia if I can fit them in. Would love to have some company at some point!

#4 Posted: 12/12/2009 - 10:19

• alexandra28

Joined Travelfish
    15th December, 2009

Hi Guys!

I'm a 27 year-old Canadian female currently teaching English in Korea. I plan on travelling to SE Asia in early Feb 2010. I fly into Phnom Pehn around Feb. 8th. I've already done Vietnam, so I am thinking Camodia, Laos, Thailand, Malayasia, Singapore, maybe Indonesia... I have about 5 or 6 months. I hope to travel and volunteer (schools, orphanages)/WHOOF (work on organic farms). Anyone interested in meeting up at some point?! Never travelled alone, so I am a little nervous!

Alexandra

#5 Posted: 15/12/2009 - 16:54

• mimivn

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2009

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi there ! All of your plans are great ! It would be greater if you wanted to meet a local guide in Vietnam. Speak out if you want my contact. Cheers .

#6 Posted: 2/1/2010 - 23:53

• bananarama

Joined Travelfish
    3rd November, 2009

Hey!

I am a 29yr girl from NZ planning on a 3 month-ish trip through Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Am booked to leave NZ on the 7 March into Singapore for a few days and then head straight up into Thailand.

First time traveling solo (eek!) so have decided to hit Thailand first as I have been there before, but it would be great to catch up with others doing the same!

Totally flexible with plans and keen to pick up some travel tips too :)

Kate

#7 Posted: 3/1/2010 - 14:18

• tristan99

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2009
    Total reviews: 7

hey all
    i'm a 26 yr old aussie male - i'm heading to thailand on march 7 with my wife. we're flying into bangkok, plan is to spend a few nights there then head down to ko tao to do some further diving certifications, before heading to the similans for a liveaboard - then we'll travel overland back through thailand, into laos, vietnam and cambodia - taking 13 weeks in total so see what we can fit in.
    our first time travelling like this - so any advice or people that want to tag along then get in touch!!

tristan

#8 Posted: 3/1/2010 - 18:36

• amylou

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

Hi Everyone, thanks for all your replys. I am in the process of booking flights at the mo then its all go!! eeek.
    I am looking at flights to bangkok around the 20th April my email is amy_derrington@hotmail.com if anyone wants to meet up in bangkok around that time? cheers, A

#9 Posted: 13/1/2010 - 08:04

• emilymay

Joined Travelfish
    25th January, 2010

Hey all,
    amylou, I have very similar plans to you actually. Im volunteering in bali in march but then flying to bangkok 29th march, will be meeting a friend (were 22/23 old females, from the midlands) and travelling through northern thailand, through laos, vietnam and cambodia until the beginning of june when we fly to borneo and hong kong before heading home! apart from starting with the thai intro week (just to break us in!) we wont be doing any trecks, and will and doing it on our own.
    only booked my flights yesterday and am leaving in 4 weeks so Im in panic mode at the moment!
    my email is emilymay.harris@hotmail.co.uk, get in touch if you want to meet up at any point,
    Em

#10 Posted: 25/1/2010 - 01:39

• Advertisement

• amylou

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2009

Hi Em, cool sounds like a similar plan to me. Would be great to meet up with you two girls. I will email you when my flights are all sorted - still debating what date to leave NZ. I am pretty nervous about going in just over 2 months time...but its exciting too!:-)

I will be in touch, Cheers Amy

#11 Posted: 25/1/2010 - 07:55

• eliasmae

Joined Travelfish
    26th January, 2010

Hi All,

Will be traveling to Thailand in mid-May and returning mid-June for roughly a one month stay. Have not booked anything yet, so my travel plans are very up in the air and flexible. I will be flying into Bangkok and visiting an Uncle in Chiang Mai, but other than that have no plans. Anyone interested in traveling cheaply or need a travel buddy? I'm a 22 year old male from the States. Feel free to contact!

Best,
    Matthew

#12 Posted: 28/1/2010 - 07:41

• scl

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2010

Hello! I am a 18 year old Canadian female who plans to go to SE asia in April. I was thinking start in Indonesia or philipines, then head all the way up through vietnam/cambodia/laos/thailand/malaysia/singapore and end up in India. Maybe 5 months or so? I dont really have a plan yet, havnt book flights yet - going to do it last minute.

Yeah, Then coming back down to Australia till december, then going back home.

I am currently in Australia, arrived in January, and was in NZ a month before that. Im travelling with a friend from back home but she doesnt have enough money to go to asia... maybe she will work down in aus while i go to asia and she'll meet up.

But i definately dont want to go to asia myself!

feel free to contact me! my email is scl-@hotmail.com

:)

#13 Posted: 10/2/2010 - 18:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
I want a travel partner for Cambodia (May - June, 2010) ... By sunwreck on 8 May 2010 5 2523 15 Jun 2010
Travel buddies May-mid-June 2010 - Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam ... By Jennykorea on 22 Apr 2010 7 3515 3 May 2010