Companions forum

Travelling alone!

• bobbyg1212

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2010

Hi All,
    I'm sure this question is a regular one (hope it is) but I'm looking to travel to Thailand, Laos, etc in August 2010 however I'm a little worried about going alone, From what I've heard a lot of people do travel solo, is this the case? Also is it quite easy meeting people out there, I'd hate to travel all that way and spend a lot of time alone.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 15/1/2010 - 11:47

• Advertisement

• shadek

Joined Travelfish
    30th November, 2009

Hey bobby,

I had the same concern, I'm a female travelling alone and it will be my first time in Asia. I'll be there from next month, but I've read so many posts here, found so many people in the same situation, that I started to relax. Everywhere I travelled before I always met people along the way, the times I was alone was always by choice, so this time shouldnt be different!

Being on your own is not that bad, you can change your plans and your mind at any time, and I found to be a great way of getting to know myself better.

Just smile and be open and polite, and you'll see, other travellers will approach you!

Enjoy!

#2 Posted: 15/1/2010 - 15:14

• Spinnekop

Joined Travelfish
    24th October, 2009

Hey

Sitting on Bangkok train station at this very moment doing a 2 month trip alone and have been here about 8 days now. I've met amazing people daily that are just as willing to chat about their travels as you would be! Like Shadek says its all about putting on a smile and introducing yourself that's the first step and the hardest one!

As for other solo traveler's there are loads of them!

enjoy

#3 Posted: 15/1/2010 - 16:23

• bobbyg1212

Joined Travelfish
    14th January, 2010

Thanks for both your quick responses, reading both your comments really helps, the plan was to travel with friends however when they drop out it almost encourages you to do the same but obviously from what you have both said it's diffinately worth giving it a go!
    Thanks

#4 Posted: 15/1/2010 - 20:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.